[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][I001D][10] LineageOS 17.1

Search This thread

533y4

Dec 1, 2010
There are a couple of threads with opinions on the Reddit sub. Bere is what I wrote there:
I've been using it since it was announced and it works great. Vibrations seem better to me than on stock.

VoLTE and VoWIFI are enabled by default and work great.

Refresh rates work up to 120hz, although when I switch the work profile on, it downgrades itself to 60hz - just needs to re-set to 120hz

The only weird thing is that the pattern unlock dots have the fingerprint scanner right in the middle, so you need to be careful when you do your pattern, as if your finger gets on top of the scanner, it activates and you need to do the pattern again. I think this is a problem on other custom roms.

When I was using Havoc, I had to wake the screen with the power button to use the fingerprint scanner, I couldn't use it when the phone was locked. This is not an issue on lineage, it works great.

As with the other custom roms, the air triggers and the armoury crate don't work.

The battery is on par with stock, I'd say, maybe a bit better but not noticeable. The best thing is that the battery saver option really is great. I haven't noticed massive delays in notifications while in battery saver and I got way better SOT than I ever got on stock. The downside is that I can't force the AOD to be on in this mode, and tbh this was the single most important reason why I installed a custom rom. The AOD on stock is beyond crap.

Weekly updates are nice, although none of the fixed bugs affected me. No new features yet, as far as I can tell. I think updates are overrated anyway, especially if they don't give you extra functionality.

Definitely works as a daily driver.
So I raw reset my ROG 2 to the latest update, formatted to f2fs, flashed LOS in both slot A and B, as well as the opengapps and the custom Kernel. It boots, but seems to be at the "loading" animation for the last 10 or 15 mins. Is this normal on first boot?

gabi.ailincai

Mar 30, 2018
Iasi
So I raw reset my ROG 2 to the latest update, formatted to f2fs, flashed LOS in both slot A and B, as well as the opengapps and the custom Kernel. It boots, but seems to be at the "loading" animation for the last 10 or 15 mins. Is this normal on first boot?
It takes a bit for the first boot, but 5-7 mins max, not even that. I'd say you need to format the /data partition.

533y4

Dec 1, 2010
It takes a bit for the first boot, but 5-7 mins max, not even that. I'd say you need to format the /data partition.
I figured out the issue. I was formatting data in every way possible, including YES. The issue was the build of twrp I was using. I was using one of the modified build here on the forums. I swapped it for the official build and worked perfect the first time.

troddinrazor

Feb 18, 2013
Is there a good guide somewhere on updating firmware/baseband for the Asus ROG II with LineageOS already installed?

HD2Owner

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 9, 2009
Neuhausen am Rheinfall
@luca020400
could you please compile a lineageos 18 build for rog2 since android11 and kernel source is released for it?
i have a secondary device that i could use to test and provide logs in case you don't have this device anymore.
let me know if i can help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build
    • Boot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS, ROM for the ASUS ROG Phone II

Contributors
    luca020400
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10

Version Information

Created 2020-03-19
    Last Updated 2020-03-19
    Hey it's not dead lol.
    I've just been busy with lineage as you may not know I'm the director, and releasing builds unofficially isn't certainly my first priority.
    We went official as of yesterday, and we'll join as soon as the vibrator is fixed.
    I uploaded a new build and recovery image.
    Based off latest ASUS build ( except for vibrator, this one bothers me too much )
    Without GAPPS, must be flashed separately ( opengapps are fine )
    Fingerprint icon doesn't overlap the lockscreen input buttons anymore

All the new Lineage changes included :)
    Also of course you need to be on the latest Android 10 build by Asus.
    If there are some size issues, that might happen on some variants, I based the partition sizes on my device, things may change.
    New build and recovery are up, see link in OP
    No changes, fixed package to be flashable in TWRP