• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][I003][obiwan] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

lou_lou_boy

Jun 30, 2015
Hello! I’m not at all trying to rush you or nag, I’m generally curious why the fingerprint is not working on this Rom? This seems to be an issue with a lot of phones. Any help is appreciated, thank you!

darudedudedocta

May 21, 2015
Hi
first to the dev..thanks for your efforts..
secondly ..how is the battery life on the rom as I am thinking of switching over
thirdly.. does the face unlock work? is the rom daily driver material?

Thanks in advance

aleasto

Jul 15, 2012
Milan
i9100
Samsung Galaxy S5
Hello! I’m not at all trying to rush you or nag, I’m generally curious why the fingerprint is not working on this Rom? This seems to be an issue with a lot of phones. Any help is appreciated, thank you!
Non standard interfaces
Hi
secondly ..how is the battery life on the rom as I am thinking of switching over

Thanks in advance
No face unlock, we don't do fake biometrics yet

Jun 24, 2019
Morgantown
I am not sure, but I think it might have something to do with reading the persist partition that you are recommended you backup before installing a custom rom. (To keep the fingerprint sensor working if you downgrade and it wipes persist)
Edit: Never mind, Question has already been answered.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2019
Morgantown
I have spent the majority of the last two days getting my phone back to stock. I found out the way I was restoring my persist partition was wrong. I backed it up with TWRP as a .ext4.win and cannot restore it using dd as yidu92 did it. I ended up using the 1.img provided by him, but, of course, cannot use the fingerprint sensor. Does anyone know of a way I could convert the TWRP backup file to a flashable image, or a way to allow TWRP to flash the persist partition (it is mounted as read-only)?

aleasto

Jul 15, 2012
Milan
i9100
Samsung Galaxy S5
I have spent the majority of the last two days getting my phone back to stock. I found out the way I was restoring my persist partition was wrong. I backed it up with TWRP as a .ext4.win and cannot restore it using dd as yidu92 did it. I ended up using the 1.img provided by him, but, of course, cannot use the fingerprint sensor. Does anyone know of a way I could convert the TWRP backup file to a flashable image, or a way to allow TWRP to flash the persist partition (it is mounted as read-only)?
Share your perskst backup with me, I'll make a working persist.img for you. I still don't know why me and others don't hit this issue...

bs3pro

Jul 24, 2020
Share your perskst backup with me, I'll make a working persist.img for you. I still don't know why me and others don't hit this issue...
Wondering the same thing. Why is ANYONE messing with their persist partition? BTW, will lineage ever add weather to AOD again? I miss that feature.

Jun 24, 2019
Morgantown
Wondering the same thing. Why is ANYONE messing with their persist partition? BTW, will lineage ever add weather to AOD again? I miss that feature.
I don't know what broke it. I recall needing to reflash it when flashing the raw image made it so that TWRP couldn't mount the partition and the OS wouldn't boot. At least that is when I think I reflashed it the first time, I really should have written down some of the steps I took when fixing it. Oh well, live and learn : /

aleasto

Jul 15, 2012
Milan
i9100
Samsung Galaxy S5
Here you go (I added .img to the end so that it could be uploaded) Thanks! : )
DM'd persist image + instructions
Would be greatful if you could share the process of making a flashable Persist.img from a Titanium backup please. Another one in the same boat.
Since when does Titanium Backup backup partitions?

aleasto

Jul 15, 2012
Milan
i9100
Samsung Galaxy S5
My apologies. I meant TWRP backup.
You'll need a linux system.
Take a working persist image (like 1.img shared here, or I use my own), mount it rw, untar the twrp backup into the mounted filesystem, unmount, flash the modified image.
Then boot the phone, open a root shell, run `restorecon -RF /mnt/vendor/persist` and reboot for sensors to work again

donnytmnt

Jan 20, 2021
Pardon my ignorance.
Will this ROM work on the North American version of ROG 3?
If so I’m also curious if anyone knows if there are any issues with this ROM and VoLTE specifically on the North American version.
Thanks to you all and especially everyone working on this ROM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. LineageOS does still include various proprietary hardware-specific code.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    • Update to the latest stock rom on both slots
    • Download the latest recovery image and rom zip
    • Boot to fastboot
    • Flash recovery
    • Boot to recovery
    • Format data
    • Flash the latest build
      • Optionally, reboot to recovery and flash any addons
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/* (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved.

Known Issues
    • Downgrade to an Android 10 based rom (stock included) might not work. To be safe backup persist.img to restore when downgrading.
    • Depending on your carrier, you may need to force a 4G/5G connection for VoLTE to register.
    • (minor) Touchscreen may fail to initialize in Lineage Recovery
    How do i...
    • Change the screen refresh rate?
      • Settings > Display > Advanced > Minimum refresh rate
    Contributors
    luca020400
    aleasto
    OrdenKrieger
    The LineageOS Team

Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    Non standard interfaces
    Hi

Thanks in advance
    No face unlock, we don't do fake biometrics yet
    Seems to work perfectly! Thanks so much, again!

On a completely different note, I was curious if activating something like the RGB light on the back is possible in something like Lineage and if it is, is it planned to be supported? Obviously, I understand it's not necessary or a main priority, but it would be neat to have eventually if it's possible.

Thanks for your work and time.
    There's already an app that supports this. Check the Play Store.
    This is my first jump back into custom roms in about 2-3 years and I’ve never done an A/B device like this ROG 3 before.

When I’m staring off by flashing the stock OEM rom to both slots, should I do that via the lineage recovery or via adb? If it’s adb how do I flash to separate slots a/b?

Would updating my phone to the latest stock firmware normally and the sideloading that copypartition zip through the recovery also work? I’ve never used that copy partition zip before how does it know which partition to copy to the other? Does it copy the active to the inactive or vis versa?

Thanks, everyone!
    You can follow the instructions of a similar device https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/hotdog/install, obviously using my files instead.
    Use the side USB port.
    New build out
    2020/12/23
    Updated kernel and proprietary files to UL-ASUS_I003_1-ASUS-17.0823.2012.122-1.1.86-user

Make sure you update firmware to the same version, since it fixes VoLTE being lazy on automatic network selection.
    You can grab it from here, and flash it in recovery to both slots:
    flash recovery -> flash zip -> reboot fastboot -> reflash recovery -> flash zip
    or flash it once, reboot, and use copy-partitions.zip like suggested for other a/b devices