[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][I003][obiwan] LineageOS 18.1

Jun 24, 2019
Morgantown
Pardon my ignorance.
Will this ROM work on the North American version of ROG 3?
If so I’m also curious if anyone knows if there are any issues with this ROM and VoLTE specifically on the North American version.
Thanks to you all and especially everyone working on this ROM.
I have the American version and it worked great. I checked VoLTE with *#*#4636#*#* and it reported yes, so you should be good.
Edit: My carrier is AT&T

Reactions: donnytmnt

donnytmnt

Jan 20, 2021
This is my first jump back into custom roms in about 2-3 years and I’ve never done an A/B device like this ROG 3 before.

When I’m staring off by flashing the stock OEM rom to both slots, should I do that via the lineage recovery or via adb? If it’s adb how do I flash to separate slots a/b?

Would updating my phone to the latest stock firmware normally and the sideloading that copypartition zip through the recovery also work? I’ve never used that copy partition zip before how does it know which partition to copy to the other? Does it copy the active to the inactive or vis versa?

Thanks, everyone!

Last edited:

aleasto

Jul 15, 2012
Milan
This is my first jump back into custom roms in about 2-3 years and I’ve never done an A/B device like this ROG 3 before.

When I’m staring off by flashing the stock OEM rom to both slots, should I do that via the lineage recovery or via adb? If it’s adb how do I flash to separate slots a/b?

Would updating my phone to the latest stock firmware normally and the sideloading that copypartition zip through the recovery also work? I’ve never used that copy partition zip before how does it know which partition to copy to the other? Does it copy the active to the inactive or vis versa?

Thanks, everyone!
You can follow the instructions of a similar device https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/hotdog/install, obviously using my files instead.
Use the side USB port.

Mrkara13

May 16, 2019

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. LineageOS does still include various proprietary hardware-specific code.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
  • Update to the latest stock rom on both slots
  • Download the latest recovery image and rom zip
  • Boot to fastboot
  • Flash recovery
  • Boot to recovery
  • Format data
  • Flash the latest build
    • Optionally, reboot to recovery and flash any addons
  • Reboot
Downloads :
Reporting Bugs
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/* (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved.

Known Issues
  • Downgrade to an Android 10 based rom (stock included) might not work. To be safe backup persist.img to restore when downgrading.
  • Depending on your carrier, you may need to force a 4G/5G connection for VoLTE to register.
  • Fingerprint sensor is not working
  • (minor) Touchscreen may fail to initialize in Lineage Recovery
How do i...
  • Change the screen refresh rate?
    • Settings > Display > Advanced > Minimum refresh rate
Contributors
luca020400
aleasto
OrdenKrieger
The LineageOS Team

Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 11

hello my friend i am bothering you but i have a big problem rog 3 I have installed LineageOS 18.1. Now I can't return the stock rom, please help me

Mrkara13

May 16, 2019
[QUOTE = "yidu92, gönderi: 84161965, üye: 8123166"]
[USER = 8011874] @ECHO kapalı [/ USER]
renk 3f
adb push 1.img /temp/1.img
Duraklat
adb shell dd if = / temp / 1.img of = / dev / block / by-name / persist
[/ ALINTI]

Yes, it improved this way. But now the fingerprint is not working. How can I fix?

donnytmnt

Jan 20, 2021
New build out
Fingerprint sensor
Thank you so much for this. It is working great for me!

Question. Screen unlock with fingerprint works well but what is the reason that apps which normally have an option to unlock via fingerprint do not show the option? Not a complaint, just wondering the reason. Thank you.

aleasto

Jul 15, 2012
Milan
Thank you so much for this. It is working great for me!

Question. Screen unlock with fingerprint works well. Why is it that apps that normally have an option to unlock via fingerprint do not show the option? Not a complaint, just wondering the reason. Thank you.
Ooh cause I forgot. Will hotfix

Reactions: donnytmnt

donnytmnt

Jan 20, 2021
@donnytmnt Fix is up, please verify it works
Seems to work perfectly! Thanks so much, again!

On a completely different note, I was curious if activating something like the RGB light on the back is possible in something like Lineage and if it is, is it planned to be supported? Obviously, I understand it's not necessary or a main priority, but it would be neat to have eventually if it's possible.

Thanks for your work and time.

Reactions: BROKEN1981

aleasto

Jul 15, 2012
Milan

On a completely different note, I was curious if activating something like the RGB light on the back is possible in something like Lineage and if it is, is it planned to be supported? Obviously, I understand it's not necessary or a main priority, but it would be neat to have eventually if it's possible.

Possible? Of course.
Worth the time? Meh

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Aug 22, 2008
The Nothing

There's already an app that supports this. Check the Play Store.

donnytmnt

Jan 20, 2021
So, using this ROM I haven't been able to get my phone to use VoLTE or VoWifi even though my phone is fully compatible for those services with my carrier. I wanted to flash stock firmware to test volte and vowifi on that just to reaffirm that all works well on stock.

However, whenever I flash stock, I always get a boot loop. The only way I can get the boot loop to stop is by re-flashing this custom ROM. Any ideas why that is? Or why VoLTE and VoWiFI aren't working even though my phone is provisioned and is fully compatible with my carrier for those services?

EDIT: Noticed the same bootloop problem from another user early on in this thread so I'm reading up on on that. Still wondering about VoLTE and VoWifi, though.

EDIT2: All that stuff with persist images is beyond me, so I guess I'll just keep using my phone with LineageOS as is until T-Mobile kicks me off for my phone not using VoLTE. :-/ Dang. Thanks for all the work on the ROM and random help you've all been giving me.

EDIT 3: Does anyone here think that buying the phone new and not entering my SIM card until after this ROM was installed would have anything to do with VoLTE and VoWiFi not working when it works on stock?

Last edited:

aleasto

Jul 15, 2012
Milan
So, using this ROM I haven't been able to get my phone to use VoLTE or VoWifi even though my phone is fully compatible for those services with my carrier. I wanted to flash stock firmware to test volte and vowifi on that just to reaffirm that all works well on stock.

However, whenever I flash stock, I always get a boot loop. The only way I can get the boot loop to stop is by re-flashing this custom ROM. Any ideas why that is? Or why VoLTE and VoWiFI aren't working even though my phone is provisioned and is fully compatible with my carrier for those services?

EDIT: Noticed the same bootloop problem from another user early on in this thread so I'm reading up on on that. Still wondering about VoLTE and VoWifi, though.

EDIT2: All that stuff with persist images is beyond me, so I guess I'll just keep using my phone with LineageOS as is until T-Mobile kicks me off for my phone not using VoLTE. :-/ Dang. Thanks for all the work on the ROM and random help you've all been giving me.

EDIT 3: Does anyone here think that buying the phone new and not entering my SIM card until after this ROM was installed would have anything to do with VoLTE and VoWiFi not working when it works on stock?
You should read the first post > Known Issues

Last edited:

ilia1985

Oct 14, 2010
Al Ain
Hi, first of thanks for all the hard work I just have to quick questions.

1. What are the recommended gapps or are they included?
2. The last build is 29/01/21 but in last comment a fix is mentioned for fp.

aleasto

Jul 15, 2012
Milan
Hi, first of thanks for all the hard work I just have to quick questions.

1. What are the recommended gapps or are they included?
2. The last build is 29/01/21 but in last comment a fix is mentioned for fp.
Any small gapps package.
Yes, you can now use the fingerprint sensor on Lineage.