[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][instantnoodle][11] LineageOS 18.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
Luk seems to be working on official 18.1 for our device as well - the official source is being updated in sync with OP8P (Gerrit) and buildable. Flashing procedure is also greatly simplified (just sideload). I've synced and built from it, so far so good ('cept some dimension tweaks).

Reactions: wawanRedblack

mobile_sensei

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2011
Washington DC
Any development updates available?
I'm looking for a custom rom with stability, I'd like to give LOS a shot, especially with the new sideload installation.
Thanks for the work, dev

mvmike

Mar 13, 2018
Luk seems to be working on official 18.1 for our device as well - the official source is being updated in sync with OP8P (Gerrit) and buildable. Flashing procedure is also greatly simplified (just sideload). I've synced and built from it, so far so good ('cept some dimension tweaks).

That'd be nice, but meanwhile that doesn't happen, is there any plan to upload more updates on this thread based on either your repo or Luk's, @KennyG9?

entonjackson

Dec 27, 2010
What happened between Androoid 10 and 11? I made a apk+data backup of all apps on LOS17, using OAndBackupX but not a single app is starting properly after restoring backup on LOS18.1.
There must have changed something basically?

mattie_49

• Feb 4, 2010
    Seymour Tn
    OnePlus 9
    What happened between Androoid 10 and 11? I made a apk+data backup of all apps on LOS17, using OAndBackupX but not a single app is starting properly after restoring backup on LOS18.1.
    There must have changed something basically?
    A11 unfortunately is read-only. So force removing apps through adb results in boot loop instead of debloating.

KennyG9

Jul 6, 2011
    Paris
    I just released a new build which is now based on the official LineageOS device tree for instantnoodle. I don't know if that means official builds are arriving anytime soon for our device, but that's good news there now is a device tree hosted by them. Note that their device tree changes the cutout to gain some space but that breaks symmetry (I personally don't care much). It also changes the device fingerprint (which wasn't correct in the January build) among a few other things.

Important note: Compared to the January build, there are two extra partitions to flash (odm and vendor). Make sure you update your flashing scripts.

mattie_49

• Feb 4, 2010
    Seymour Tn
    OnePlus 9
    I just released a new build which is now based on the official LineageOS device tree for instantnoodle. I don't know if that means official builds are arriving anytime soon for our device, but that's good news there now is a device tree hosted by them. Note that their device tree changes the cutout to gain some space but that breaks symmetry (I personally don't care much). It also changes the device fingerprint (which wasn't correct in the January build) among a few other things.

Important note: Compared to the January build, there are two extra partitions to flash (odm and vendor). Make sure you update your flashing scripts.
    Good deal. Gonna try after breakfast.

entonjackson

Dec 27, 2010
    Does Double tap to wake work on the new build? If not, can anyone tell me how to enable it on the build before? I even flashed the Clean Slate kernel.

mvmike

Mar 13, 2018

Nice, thanks for the update and the official device tree switch.

Can we dirty update from your January build even with the new two extra partitions?

KennyG9

Jul 6, 2011
    Paris
    Does Double tap to wake work on the new build? If not, can anyone tell me how to enable it on the build before? I even flashed the Clean Slate kernel.

Double tap to wake works fine on my device with unmodified kernel since first release.

Nice, thanks for the update and the official device tree switch.

Can we dirty update from your January build even with the new two extra partitions?

I did that on my own device and it worked fine.

Last edited:

entonjackson

Dec 27, 2010
    Double tap to wake is working with the latest build now. No clue what went wrong with the build before.

How can I donate to you?

Edit: Magisk flash didn't work, using your flash script btw...

KennyG9

Jul 6, 2011
    Paris
    Double tap to wake is working with the latest build now. No clue what went wrong with the build before.

How can I donate to you?

Edit: Magisk flash didn't work, using your flash script btw...

I have BTC and ETH wallets in my profile if you really care but don't worry too much. 99% of the job was done by LuK1337. He's the real MVP here and you should rather consider donating to him.

Regarding the flashing script, I'm curious what didn't work for you. I use it to flash the ROM and Magisk and it works perfectly on my machine everytime. It just requires curl to be installed (which could indeed be checked first). Did it give you any error message, crash info or something?

entonjackson

Dec 27, 2010
    I have BTC and ETH wallets in my profile if you really care but don't worry too much. 99% of the job was done by LuK1337. He's the real MVP here and you should rather consider donating to him.

Regarding the flashing script, I'm curious what didn't work for you. I use it to flash the ROM and Magisk and it works perfectly on my machine everytime. It just requires curl to be installed (which could indeed be checked first). Did it give you any error message, crash info or something?

OK no crypto coins here.
    I had no output from the script because I accidently double clicked the script instead of opening the terminal before...

Is there any chance we get vibration strength settings? Because I think haptic feedback vibration is too strong.

entonjackson

Dec 27, 2010
    Does Spotify stop playback when screen goes off? I've set all the needed options, but still it stops... just wondering if I'm the only one?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      ⚠ This project is no longer maintained. See below.

You are encouraged to migrate to the official nightly builds (huge thanks to @anishpratheepan and to the LOS team for bringing that up). If you update from an unofficial build, it is highly recommended that you opt-in for build signature check after the flash:
      • Open Settings
      • Privacy => Trust
      • Check "Build signature" at the very bottom
      Note that you should be able to update from unofficial to official builds seamlessly, without wiping anything.

-----

2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:
      • Unlock your bootloader
      • Backup everything, especially the "persist" partition
      • Make sure you're on a recent version of OxygenOS.
      • Download the latest build
      • Run the following commands:
      Code:
      adb reboot bootloader
      fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
      fastboot reboot fastboot
      fastboot flash boot boot.img
      fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
      fastboot flash odm odm.img
      fastboot flash product product.img
      fastboot flash system system.img
      fastboot flash system_ext system_ext.img
      fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
      fastboot flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img
      fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
      fastboot reboot recovery
      • Wipe all data from recovery.
      • (Optional) If you need GApps, NikGApps Core are known to work ("Apply update" => "Update from ADB", and then run adb sideload <NikGapps-xxx-arm64-11-yyy.zip>). Note that other variants than Core can crash.
      • Reboot.

Downloads:

Known issues:
      • Displays "Charging slowly" when it's actually not
      • Build signed with public keys for now

Reporting Bugs:
      • Make sure the bug you want to report isn't already known
      • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
      • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
      • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
      • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
      • Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
      What is your--
        LineageOS version:
        LineageOS Download url:
        Gapps version:

Did you--
        wipe:
        restore with titanium backup:
        reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
        a task killer:
        a non-stock kernel:
        other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
      [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][instantnoodle][11] LineageOS 18.1, ROM for the OnePlus 8

Contributors

KennyG9, LuK1337

Source Code:

ROM OS Version: Android 11
      ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information
      Testing

Created 2021-01-07
      Last Updated 2021-02-10

So it finally happened, LOS went official with 18.1 and instantnoodle is there 😍

Kudos to everyone involved from @LuK1337 @KennyG9 🙇‍♂️
      ngl but kenny wasn't really involved. You should thank @anishpratheepan instead as he was the one responsible for initial official OP8 bringup.
      I made an attempt to bundle OpenGApps into the build: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1edechrEwpX5L5SjE6OlsAjRckT-UF69t/view (using https://github.com/opengapps/aosp_build). It bootlooped on my device but I suspect that's because it requires a factory reset which I didn't want to do. Flashing instructions are identical, just make sure you have flashed OOS 11 at some point. If that happens to work for some of you, I'll try to publish both flavors with every release.
      Very cool. Stoked. Can you add link for gapps as I know lineage needs to work properly.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone