[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][instantnoodlep][10] LineageOS 17.1

Search This thread

Lazar81

Aug 31, 2012
Hello..
i tried fastboot update...
i also tried install procedure in windows and linux...
but no success...

i still get this error message, that wiping does not work and for system - partition not found...

are there any other ways but fastboot to install lineage?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
edit:
as always.. sooner or later i managed it!
So for everyone who still has problems with installing:
I used the terminal integrated in the AIO TOOL by mauronofrio - wipe worked - system installation worked - lineage booted - fingerprint is ok

Last edited:

Shipoftheline

Oct 6, 2015
Salford
Silly question maybe but does installing a custom rom like LineageOS unlike all the bands which Oneplus has locked on us meaning we never get the full benefits of our networks like Samsung and Iphone 12 customers get?

damige85

May 21, 2019
Thanks for the work on making lineage compatible with the Onplus 8 Pro. Does anyone know if there is still work being done to include instantnoodlep in the official lineage builds?

Binary Assault

May 25, 2016
I would love to use LOS. I just got a OP8P INT and it was already on OOS11 official when I received it. It seems most development at the moment is based on A10. I tried to downgrade to A10 using the OP downgrade manual upgrade and get stuck at 86% with no sign of any issues. I attempted to also use the A10 MSM restore tool but lose communication after about 5 seconds, timeouts at 18s for firehouse communications. If I use the A11 MSM tool to recover, it flashes ok and I can use A11.

Every attempt to try and going back to A10 seems to get me into the Qualcomm Crash Dump screen which shows no data.

With all that being said, is there a way to get back to A10 so I can use LOS & TWRP? At the moment I'm stuck with a stock rooted OOS11 and would much rather have a custom ROM. Any help is appreciated.

Edit - 5th times a charm - on stock OOS10 now and will be flashing LOS soon

Double edit - stuck on ' fastboot reboot fastboot' ends up in Qualcomm crash dump every time. Not sure what I've done wrong at this point. Currently using ADB v30.0.5-6877874 and fastboot from the same platform-tools

Last edited:

ProAm500

Jul 1, 2007
I posted this in the Resurrection Remix thread, as I had the same exact issue. Maybe someone can post a solution here if they had the same experience.

I always use vibration as my alert setting and whenever I get text, email, etc., I only get a small, tiny, blip of a vibration when the notification comes In instead of the usual buzz. I know some apps have some granularity to allow you to change patterns, etc, but none of the apps I use do. It is extremely weak. I have experimented with different kernels and still have the same behavior. I have confirmed that vibration works as normal under stock OS.

mvmike

Mar 13, 2018
Does everyone else have a very short vibration patterns in notifications? Played a little bit with Good Vibrations trying to make them longer but it seems that it's not possible (even the app allows you to, you can change everything else but this). Intensity seems seems acceptable, though.

I posted this in the Resurrection Remix thread, as I had the same exact issue. Maybe someone can post a solution here if they had the same experience.

I always use vibration as my alert setting and whenever I get text, email, etc., I only get a small, tiny, blip of a vibration when the notification comes In instead of the usual buzz. I know some apps have some granularity to allow you to change patterns, etc, but none of the apps I use do. It is extremely weak. I have experimented with different kernels and still have the same behavior. I have confirmed that vibration works as normal under stock OS.

Had the same issue and also saw that it happens in any other OP8 ROM, so i just assumed this is not because of the ROM itself.

Not sure what is the root cause, though... hopefully this gets solved somehow on A11

Manb

Sep 14, 2009
I was having problems flashing the system.img and getting partition not found. Here's how I solved it.

Downloaded 10.5.13-Global from https://sourceforge.net/projects/fastbootroms/files/OnePlus%208%20Pro/ and extracted
Copied the files from the LineageOS download into the above directory and overwrote the files.
Rebooted into fastboot with the bootloader unlocked
Ran flash-all.bat from the 10.5.13-Global unzipped directory

If you want to do TWRP at the same time then you can copy the TWRP recovery into the directory and overwrite recovery.img before flash-all.bat

ProAm500

Jul 1, 2007
Had the same issue and also saw that it happens in any other OP8 ROM, so i just assumed this is not because of the ROM itself.

Not sure what is the root cause, though... hopefully this gets solved somehow on A11

It's really weird that it only appears that it's only a few of us that have this issue. Did you try pixelrom and carbon too?

Binary Assault

May 25, 2016
Anyone successfully go from A11 (official) to LOS? I've tried and fails each time. The MSM tool for A10 doesn't work for me (I need to try another pc). I ran the downgrade from 11 to 10 and that got me to A10, but installing LOS per the instructions fails after I reboot fastboot. It goes to the qualcomm crash dump. From there all I can do is use the MSM tool to go back to A11.

Alan Shore

Jul 1, 2009
Can anyone confirm if Vo-Wifi works on LineageOS?

Negative doesn't work on mine but it did for 11.

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

So a couple things I gotta say here. This has been an absolute nightmare coming back to the Root community. Coming from an S5 where things were simple and adding dynamic partitioning... Just wow. If I wasn't able to get root here with 17.1 after my 5'th try I was literally ready to MSM and return this phone. Seeing the way oneplus is treating this community has made me thing twice about keeping this phone.

To people reading this, who just got a Global/American OP8Pro like me... You're in for a real treat.

First:
1. Not all fastboot Zips are created equal. If you're getting "Can't wipe" responses or "unrecognized command" or can't find device you're likely using a fastboot zip for Android 11 or a bare minimum one . I have like 3 versions in folders saved and ready to go and have had to go back and forth just to get commands completed that i've found on here.
2. If you've updated to 11. Get root as fast as you can and back up your Persist.IMG. OR you'll lose your Fingerprint sensor forever. (Before using MSM) One thing to know is as long as you use your proper image (Global for US bound) you likely won't lose Persist.img I didn't.. (this should be a warning on all Roms)
3. If you have 11.0.11 and you Crashdump you'll be happy to know that using Fastboot images with "Flash.Bat" files work for the first rendition of Android 11 (you can also grab the fastboot.zips from there), you'll be able to get back on your feet without MSM. (getting boot and successful root through patched boot images doesn't work well on Android 11, You'll have to try some posted ones here, Some patched images will work but you'll lose your wifi.) Running root on 11 is too much of a hassle, half my apps didn't work, force closes... You absolutely HAVE to run the MSM tool to get back to Android 10.
4. The MSMDownload tool is your friend, i've had to use mine in the past 72 hours at least 8 or 9 times.
5. With MSM and push back to 10.. Manual upgrade get the B Partition filled, I tried Carbon rom, dealing wit the a/B stuff and it is so confusing. The issue with the carbon rom is I wasn't able to extract the boot image, I tried a recent Magisk 20 TWRP install but it bricked my boot.img and I tried one more time to give lineageos 17.1 a try. It worked.
6. Not only did it work but I wasn't able to get file transfer working so I had to use Google drive to transfer boot images/Patched images.
7. Finally once restarted I have root on 17.1
8. I'm hoping the next few days on Android 10 are fruitful, I'm ready to put this S10 Plus to bed and finally have control of my devices.

So google and Oneplus thanks, While you all have unlocked bootloaders and flashable chips, I would gather a huge "GOOD LUCK" is in order because getting a successful image with root is like chasing a flying unicorn. I hope to God Android 11 is at least somewhat better because I feel while root and flashing is possible, Google is quickly engineering the ability right out of their operating systems as a giant "FU" to the community.

instantnoodlep... Thank you for continuing the fight.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scotsman828

Scotsman828

May 17, 2009
I'm gonna be patiently waiting on the TWRP flashable version. There is so much that can go wrong flashing from Fastboot. I downgraded my 8 Pro to A10 and disabled all the bloatware, but still not as nice as LineageOS and the ability to tell Google to go pound sand. Will this ROM ever be .zip flashable since we now have a working TWRP recovery?

magicmckinney

• Oct 9, 2012
    Does this ROM support a Verizon simm on a IN2025?

UPDATE:
    It installs fine and seems to work fine other than data. I have wifi & LTE but no data.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
      • Download the latest build
      • $ adb reboot bootloader
      • $ fastboot -w (this will wipe your data)
      • $ fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
      • $ fastboot reboot fastboot
      • $ fastboot erase scratch
      • $ fastboot flash boot boot.img
      • $ fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
      • $ fastboot flash system system.img
      • $ fastboot flash product product.img
      • $ fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
      • $ fastboot flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img
      • $ fastboot reboot
      Downloads :
      Reporting Bugs
      • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
      • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
      • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
      • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
      Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
      What is your--
      LineageOS version:
      LineageOS Download url:
      Gapps version:

Did you--
      wipe:
       restore with titanium backup:
      reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
      a task killer:
      a non-stock kernel:
      other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
      [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][instantnoodlep][10] LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the OnePlus 8 Pro

Contributors
      LuK1337
      Source Code: https://github.com/luk1337

ROM OS Version: Windows 8 Mobile
      ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information

Created 2020-06-25
      Last Updated 2020-11-20
      I was getting slow charging so i did some gogleling finding and experimenting with magisk modules & I found this one and sure worked it charges rapidly now instead of slow.

Huh so all this module does is `echo 1 > /sys/kernel/fast_charge/force_fast_charge` but said path does not exist. Really makes you think (TM).

BTW 'Charging slowly' is just a visual bug with DASH chargers. It still charges fast lol.
      Are gapps included or do we need to flash separately?

Look at downloads list and answer this question yourself.
      Anyone tell me what the difference between the gms and non gms versions are while downloading the zip?
      The GMS version includes Google apps like the Play Store and Google Play Services. The non-GMS version does not include any Google services.
      "ROM OS Version: Windows 8 Mobile" dafuq? ?