LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.
- Make sure you're using OrangeFox Recovery
- Wipe: Cache, Dalvik / ART Cache, System, Vendor, Data, Internal Storage
- Flash "lineage-17.1-20210213-UNOFFICIAL-j6lte.zip"
- Reboot to system
- Optional: Flash Magisk (any version)
- Optional: Flash GApps - ARM64, micro is recommended
- WiFi Direct
- Bluetooth calls (needs to be tested)
- Make sure the bug you want to report isn't already known
- DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
- Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
- If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
- If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
- Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.
- @Astrako - Device Tree
- Kernel: https://github.com/samsungexynos7870/android_kernel_samsung_exynos7870/tree/aosp
- Device: https://github.com/samsungexynos7870/android_device_samsung_j6lte/tree/lineage-17.1
ROM Kernel: 3.18.140
Last Updated 2021-02-13