[ROM][OFFICIAL][kebab][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
I started off clean, since I had to use the MSM tool. Let the phone update in OOS, then followed the instructions. I just get dumped off at the bootloader (I did format data).

ohioyj@GamingDesktop:~/Desktop/flash$ sudo fastboot boot recovery.img
downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [ 0.332s]
booting...
OKAY [ 0.080s]
finished. total time: 0.412s
ohioyj@GamingDesktop:~/Desktop/flash$ sudo fastboot update lineage-18.1-20210112_053040-UNOFFICIAL-kebab.zip
extracting android-info.txt (0 MB)...
extracting boot.img (96 MB)...
target reported max download size of 268435456 bytes
archive does not contain 'boot.sig'
archive does not contain 'boot_other.img'
extracting dtbo.img (24 MB)...
archive does not contain 'dtbo.sig'
archive does not contain 'dt.img'
extracting recovery.img (96 MB)...
archive does not contain 'recovery.sig'
extracting system.img (963 MB)...
archive does not contain 'system.sig'
archive does not contain 'system_other.img'
extracting vbmeta.img (0 MB)...
archive does not contain 'vbmeta.sig'
extracting vendor.img (969 MB)...
archive does not contain 'vendor.sig'
archive does not contain 'vendor_other.img'
--------------------------------------------
Bootloader Version...: unknown
Baseband Version.....:
Serial Number........: (removed)
--------------------------------------------
sending 'boot_b' (98304 KB)...
OKAY [ 3.445s]
writing 'boot_b'...
OKAY [ 0.389s]
sending 'dtbo_b' (24576 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.866s]
writing 'dtbo_b'...
OKAY [ 0.095s]
sending 'recovery_b' (98304 KB)...
OKAY [ 3.479s]
writing 'recovery_b'...
OKAY [ 0.280s]
sending sparse 'system_b' 1/4 (259064 KB)...
OKAY [ 9.501s]
writing 'system_b' 1/4...
OKAY [ 0.570s]
sending sparse 'system_b' 2/4 (258272 KB)...
OKAY [ 9.420s]
writing 'system_b' 2/4...
OKAY [ 0.420s]
sending sparse 'system_b' 3/4 (258272 KB)...
OKAY [ 9.452s]
writing 'system_b' 3/4...
OKAY [ 0.403s]
sending sparse 'system_b' 4/4 (210844 KB)...
OKAY [ 7.667s]
writing 'system_b' 4/4...
OKAY [ 0.369s]
sending 'vbmeta_b' (8 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.002s]
writing 'vbmeta_b'...
OKAY [ 0.004s]
sending sparse 'vendor_b' 1/4 (262140 KB)...
OKAY [ 9.427s]
writing 'vendor_b' 1/4...
OKAY [ 0.539s]
sending sparse 'vendor_b' 2/4 (262140 KB)...
OKAY [ 9.511s]
writing 'vendor_b' 2/4...
OKAY [ 0.545s]
sending sparse 'vendor_b' 3/4 (262140 KB)...
OKAY [ 9.576s]
writing 'vendor_b' 3/4...
OKAY [ 0.549s]
sending sparse 'vendor_b' 4/4 (206256 KB)...
OKAY [ 7.277s]
writing 'vendor_b' 4/4...
OKAY [ 0.347s]
Setting current slot to 'b'...
OKAY [ 0.033s]
rebooting...

finished. total time: 84.322s
ohioyj@GamingDesktop:~/Desktop/flash$
Your fastboot skipped multiple files lol. Are you using some 5yo fastboot version or something...?

Reactions: OhioYJ

OhioYJ

Feb 25, 2011
Your fastboot skipped multiple files lol. Are you using some 5yo fastboot version or something...?

Haha, apprently.... I was just using what was included in my distro which was version 1.8..something. Downloaded the version straight from Google which was version 30..something, and it worked first try. Guess a few things changed in all those revisions.

card13

@LuK1337 Was using "lineage-18.1-20210112_054052-UNOFFICIAL-kebab-gms.zip" for awhile and noticed only 2 issues.
1: When in a call, if I put the phone on speaker and have the screen on, then the other person would get feedback (at one point it almost caused a feedback loop).
2. I had a strange USB Connection Issue when connected to my Kubuntu 20.10 Laptop Type-C Port. Seemed like sometimes it would charge and sometimes it wouldn't. I watched the notifier show the device reconnected roughly 6x in an hr during a charge session. Connected it to my Windows side and it had no issues (same laptop). I already reinstalled the Kubuntu to validate it happened on fresh installs.

Just moved to your Non-GMS build and used Opengapps Pico, will check a little later to see if I get the above glitches.

***Edit #1***
Forgot to mention that I install the LOS Build as a Clean Install as well.

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
@LuK1337 Was using "lineage-18.1-20210112_054052-UNOFFICIAL-kebab-gms.zip" for awhile and noticed only 2 issues.
1: When in a call, if I put the phone on speaker and have the screen on, then the other person would get feedback (at one point it almost caused a feedback loop).
2. I had a strange USB Connection Issue when connected to my Kubuntu 20.10 Laptop Type-C Port. Seemed like sometimes it would charge and sometimes it wouldn't. I watched the notifier show the device reconnected roughly 6x in an hr during a charge session. Connected it to my Windows side and it had no issues (same laptop). I already reinstalled the Kubuntu to validate it happened on fresh installs.

Just moved to your Non-GMS build and used Opengapps Pico, will check a little later to see if I get the above glitches.

***Edit #1***
Forgot to mention that I install the LOS Build as a Clean Install as well.
1: Try switching `vendor.audio.feature.spkr_prot.enable` from "false" to "true" or `ro.vendor.audio.sdk.fluencetype` from "fluence" to "none". Report back if doing either of these things changes anything.
2: ~ idk ~

M4TH1EU_

Aug 25, 2020
github.com
I prefer non-gapps builds of ROMs myself. I just installed LOS for the first time using the OP's instructions and @theincognito's tips for sideloading NikGapps Core and Magisk. Installed on top of the TMO ROM, btw. No issues with install and setup. I love the ease of install and updates. The process was painless and took no time at all. The ROM is buttery smooth. Great job!

How did you did this ?
I can't find @theincognito's "tips message".

Thanks

nsiti

Mar 28, 2011
Hi,

Would it ne possible to use microg on this ROM ?
I think Nanodroid doesnt support signature-spoofing for android 11...

This is the only lineageOS we can find out there for the 8T and it would be awesome to have microg instead of Google ****ty services.

Thanks

I'd like to know the answer to this as well. Thank you.

kjslabber

Mar 8, 2015
Northeast Ohio
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 9 Pro
I'm runnin the latest build on global version 8t. My fitness tracker(fitbit) doen't connect with my phone unless I reboot both devices and re-pair fitbit to phone. The fitbit won't pair to the phone only if I reboot. Anybody else have similar problem? Using non-gapps version with sideloaded Nikgapps core and rooted.

raptor2017

Jan 18, 2021
So I decided to flash this rom on my OnePlus 8T and found out later that verizon was not supported, so I wanted to flash back to the stock rom and bricked my phone bad. I ended up extracting .img files from OnePlus's OTA file with payload and started flashing all the files. I completed the flash and for some unknown reason I wanted to activate slot-b partition. When I did that, my phone now will not boot and it's stuck on a black screen. The only thing that works is if I holddown the up-vol key and power-key and then it boots up, I see the oneplus logo then it shuts down (or does something weird) and goes back to the black screen. ADB Tools sees my device but it says it's unauthorized. I've also tried MSMTools but that doesn't even see my phone. Don't know what to do anymore. Any help would be appreciated.

Is there anyway to get back to slot-a partition?

Last edited:

card13

@LuK1337
I ended up Dirty Flashing in this order (lineage-18.1-20210112_053040-UNOFFICIAL-kebab -> open_gapps-arm64-11.0-pico-20210110-TEST -> magisk-debug) then booting all the way up. After I got in uninstalled most Gapps, installed Google Dialer and haven't encountered either of the issues from last post. Wonder if maybe some Gapp was being a Gremlin.

D

Deleted member 5408779

So I decided to flash this rom on my OnePlus 8T and found out later that verizon was not supported, so I wanted to flash back to the stock rom and bricked my phone bad. I ended up extracting .img files from OnePlus's OTA file with payload and started flashing all the files. I completed the flash and for some unknown reason I wanted to activate slot-b partition. When I did that, my phone now will not boot and it's stuck on a black screen. The only thing that works is if I holddown the up-vol key and power-key and then it boots up, I see the oneplus logo then it shuts down (or does something weird) and goes back to the black screen. ADB Tools sees my device but it says it's unauthorized. I've also tried MSMTools but that doesn't even see my phone. Don't know what to do anymore. Any help would be appreciated.

Is there anyway to get back to slot-a partition?

Flashing fastboot rom didn't work for me too. But MSM was working fine for me. I guess it's a driver issue with your computer, check the MSM Tool thread.

craznazn

Nov 12, 2009
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Someone else mentioned that the Global rom needs to be flashed first for KB2007 though there was someone else that mentioned that he couldn't flash the Global rom so he flashed this and dual sim worked.
I tried going from EU to Lineage, and then also Global to Lineage, both result in no dual SIM support. Further, I tried other AOSP based ROMS and none of them worked.

Reactions: just4sc

sam3000

Jul 11, 2009
Seattle
I tried going from EU to Lineage, and then also Global to Lineage, both result in no dual SIM support. Further, I tried other AOSP based ROMS and none of them worked.

I thought t-mobile killed dual sim on their variant and so it's not supposed to work. You get IP68 and the opportunity to buy their international plans instead.

craznazn

Nov 12, 2009
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I thought t-mobile killed dual sim on their variant and so it's not supposed to work. You get IP68 and the opportunity to buy their international plans instead.
The hardware to support dual sim is there, but you need to get a dual sim tray and a ROM that supports it. If you convert your 8T+5G to Intl or EU, you get dual sim support just fine.

anarchotaoist

Jun 2, 2018
I'd like to know the answer to this as well. Thank you.
Ditto!
Has anyone got microg installed?
I heard it was possible on the 8T to root the phone, install Magisk and then flash the module 'micorg installer revived' to then have microg!
Is there a module for Signature Spoofing also?

Will this build of LOS become official - and then filter to 'LIneageOS for Microg' builds?

nb. I bought this phone after seeing crDroid has an Official feature of 'Signature Spoofing' - but it turned out the Official build of crDroid Kebab did NOT match Official features -it came with gapps in-built without discosure! Argh!
Is there another rom with microg support?

anarchotaoist

Jun 2, 2018
Ditto!
Has anyone got microg installed?
I heard it was possible on the 8T to root the phone, install Magisk and then flash the module 'micorg installer revived' to then have microg!
Is there a module for Signature Spoofing also?

Will this build of LOS become official - and then filter to 'LIneageOS for Microg' builds?

nb. I bought this phone after seeing crDroid has an Official feature of 'Signature Spoofing' - but it turned out the Official build of crDroid Kebab did NOT match Official features -it came with gapps in-built without discosure! Argh!
Is there another rom with microg support?
This method looks promising:
https://www.reddit.com/r/MicroG/comments/kpomfc

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    tomorrow afternoon 3 p.m 😆
    More like few weeks after OOS12 kernel source is out.
    Yaay. The thread is back. :D
    Any update about LOS 19 ?
    Yep, everyone already has it except you. We were about to call you, but you ruined it by asking.
    There are already oos 12 firmware based roms available so I asked if LOS 19 is coming soon or not.

It appears OnePlus still has not released OOS 12 Kernel source. (<-- Github link)

See these issue links in particular:

Where are the DTS in the OOS12 kernel source?

GPL Violation: OOS12 kernel_oneplus_sm8250 sources have not been released

I linked to two of these issues, there are a ton of them actually, they are scattered across Github, across many devices. Then again across many Reddit threads. OnePlus apprently doesn't care about GPL and doesn't care about releasing the code as they are supposed to.