[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LegacyCarbon 4.4 \\ 18.11.2013 \\ Built From Source

Search This thread

jaibar

Feb 2, 2011
Underwater, no Sh!t
picasaweb.google.com
Black problems

Hi Coderzs,

I'm attaching logcat I recorded when trying to open gmail and then stock browser- both with the "black plague" :D

I hope it helps nail the problem- there seems to be some rendering error- althugh it's Chinese for me :rolleyes:

Oh, and not sure if it is related or not (Chinese, again) but maybe this also can help somehow? http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/54291/

I like this rom sooo much- now that I tested kitkat no way I go back to JB. I hope this problem is solved then it's a winner rom.

Attachments

• logcat_and_device_info.zip
    13.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Reactions: xdabphili

jaibar

Feb 2, 2011
Underwater, no Sh!t
picasaweb.google.com
Here i need to reboot my phone 3 times to work

----------------------------------------------------------------
Found other BUG:(ANDROID 4.4)
When i hold HOME button to kill some processes look like that:
4b56vKE.png

Other BUG
When i open an email on GMAIL or i open website on BROWSER the content is just a black screen.

I changed DPI settings to 210 and I got a slightly better looks of it- the tumbnails background is smooth black instead of the noisy in your screenshot

xdabphili

Oct 5, 2013
I'm on carbon rom (10.13.13) build and I'm just curious is there anyway to fix the signal drop for good? I did a experiment by changing the radio and it still seem to have the signal drop still. Any suggestions?

Dj MiGz

May 31, 2013
tablet mode

iv been using carbon for months and i notice that bbm isnt in playstore for this rom but in others and i know i could just search for apk like i have but wanted to know if this rom is based on tablet mode? because even the default dpi is 182.

Dj MiGz

May 31, 2013
Most likely because of the DPI.

I think there is Xposed Module that will make the market show all the apps.

also theres a bug no one seems to speak on as yet but when playing music, from apollo or play now app. while the music is playing if u go home screen, go to next app or type in any app u will hear a SCREEEECH sound for like 1 second happens each time u do something other than just let the music play. also happens at starting of music or if u skip track. never had this problem before so its def 4.4.

ajbiz11

May 23, 2012
Ann Arbor, MI
Hi Coderzs,

I'm attaching logcat I recorded when trying to open gmail and then stock browser- both with the "black plague" :D

I hope it helps nail the problem- there seems to be some rendering error- althugh it's Chinese for me :rolleyes:

Oh, and not sure if it is related or not (Chinese, again) but maybe this also can help somehow? http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/54291/

I like this rom sooo much- now that I tested kitkat no way I go back to JB. I hope this problem is solved then it's a winner rom.

Black artifacting is due to the lack of support for the new OpenGL in 4.4 in our graphics blobs
Good luck getting that working without the vendor's help

Dj MiGz

May 31, 2013
I'm saying, without either a strong dev team behind this wanting to hack together their own driver, or a willing display vendor, 4.3 is our last "stable" version, in the graphics department

that's sad because iv been on 4.4 for one week now n even tho I have to give up some apps like bbm n instgram not showing notifications n most app that rely on the browser to login . this is fastest this device ever ran. I simply just can't go back to 4.3 lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features
    Simply stated, we can't really list features here. There are too many and they change too frequently, and we now support a truly insane number of devices. Chances are, if you like a feature, we have it already. Seriously.

Screenshots

ysl78sd8oye0pb0ptpgbzwp8z.png
    l0kgvj5ev2bd59rsdq9fqoy6u.png

zvhft7qshwericikfdixvmdur.png
    u9gqt7b2buyrd6ehmvqo51u80.png

htle36d9lx5no68cnb8rijdzy.png
    9pi7opz1uswxq8klkyhi2ujyc.png

Changelog

For a detailed changelog, check out the changes made each night here:

Change Log

You can also find a changelog in Settings->Carbon->About Carbon

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our goo.im page linked above. It's new, but expanding fast. Just like us!

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Join our G+ Community: http://community.carbon-rom.com This is where we spend the bulk of our time and the best way to reach us and other community members. We update and frequent this community far more than XDA, simply due to time constraints and the convenience of G+.

5) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Who is Team Carbon?

Andros11

BigShotRob

Bionic Beast

dg4prez

Kejar31

mattmanwrx

morfic

nocoast

pixeldotz

slick_rick

winner00

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

added 4.4 ALPHA BUILD!
    Looking forward new update 4.4!

Sorry, I will update rom in 2-3 days .

Отправлено с моего LG-E615 через Tapatalk
    Next update will be 01.11.13 . I will try to fix GPS problems.

Sent from my LG-E615 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app