[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][leland][8.1] LineageOS 15.1

Search This thread

AndropaX

May 18, 2014
San Escobar
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working :
Almost everything

What's not working :
  • VoLTE (?)
  • AudioFX on headphones
  • Maybe something else...

Instructions :
  • Download the latest build and gapps
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Make full wipe
  • Flash the latest build and gapps
  • Reboot
Downloads :
Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
 restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][leland][8.1] LineageOS 15.1, ROM for the Honor 9 Lite

Contributors
AndropaX, LuK1337, surdu_petru
Source Code: https://github.com/AndropaX/android_device_honor_leland/tree/leland-8.1

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information
Beta Release Date: 2018-04-25

Created 2018-04-22
Last Updated 2018-04-25

JamesBott

Feb 2, 2011
Ansbach
@AndropaX

many thank's for your work !
this is the first LOS 15.1 that's work on my Ho9L, delivered with OREO.
first find of not work : gapps ( i am install open_gapps-arm-8.1-pico64-20180414.zip )
my stock-build : LLD-L31 8.0.0.127(C432)
my LOS is link from VigneshS007 for test
i am very happy to see LOS on my phone

my next test is your build 20180422 (if download end!) and i am read your link to Google Apps !

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

sorry, this zip not work.
my do
- boot to recovery(twrp)
- twrp wipe
- twrp install lineage-15.1-20180422-UNOFFICIAL-leland.zip
E3004: This package is for device: leland,hi6250; this device is lld.
Updater process ended with ERROR: 7

JamesBott

Feb 2, 2011
Ansbach
my way
- modify updater-script (erase line 1+2 "assertion")
- boot to twrp
- wipe
- twrp install open_gapps-arm-8.1-pico64-20180414.zip
- twrp install magisk
- twrp wipe cache
- twrp reboot to system
- phone boot as a "new phone" (settings...) and WORK !
only problem with TB (no SU), is problem with magisk - not LOS. now i must search "why"
Wishes:
- modify updater-script before you upload
- how much work is modify button-layout ? i wish rotate from "return,home,oversight" to "oversight,home,return" (is Tradition on my phones) :)
Now i am LOS15.1 on my phone and test in next day's.

This is very good work ! Many thank's !!!

vandal1979

Mar 18, 2018
A wipe what to do? And if I want to go back to the drain, how to do it? And on which version of the locale can be installed?

evolucja

Aug 25, 2010
Katowice
Thank you. I can confirm it's working great on my H9L: your ROM + Open GApps stock + Magisk 16 (root + SafetyNet pass).

The only strange thing I experienced so far is the camera. I each application the camera view sometimes shows stripes. It is flashing like each second. It is possible to make a shot and catch those stripes. Here's how it looks:

OjLDtk9.jpg

Last edited:

JamesBott

Feb 2, 2011
Ansbach
@vandal1979
my build LLD-L31 8.0.0.127(C432)
i am in twrp wipe /advanced / Dalvik + Cache + Data + internal Storage + System

if you wish return to previus (stock) ROM: FIRST twrp/Backup your System and Data AND test this ! reboot to system, erase 1..2 apps, boot to twrp, restore your backup, reboot to
system AND check! erased apps is return ? this is important - a backup with no checked restore = worse as NO backup !

install LOS
if you wish return: twrp/Restore. that's work on my phone with my build

way 2: you not use twrp
you need from your build: xyz(FULL). extract from this UPDATE.APP (inside from UPDATE.ZIP) "recovery_ramdis.img + recovery_ramdis.img.header, system.img + system.img.header
copy this to your adb-folder and flash recovery_ramdisk recovery_ramdis.img + flash system system.img.
now is stock-rom return on your phone. boot to eRecovery, factory reset and boot

i think LOS work on all (Cxx) but i no can test. test on your own risk, if you wish ! if you NOT have your build(FULL): let it be !!!
no matter what experiments you do with your phone : your build(FULL) is essential to return to stock !!! ONLY inside FULL you can extract the partitions you need !!!
Example Build LLD-L31 8.0.0.127(C432) / phone - model - OS - build - country

AND the best advice : read the other thread's in this forum(Honor 9 Lite). read, what other user have problem and what help !

Last edited:
Reactions: vandal1979

TwITe

Apr 7, 2018
A

good job! a lot of thanks you! hope u will fix an issue with the AudioFx on headphones, i really need this

tiborsoos

Apr 11, 2018
lld al10

@AndropaX

Hi can I use it on LLD-AL10?
Error 7
E1001: Failed to update system image.
i've modified "assertion"

Thank you.

Last edited:

tiborsoos

Apr 11, 2018
This doesn't tell me too much, I need recovery log

I:Copying file /cache/recovery/log to /cache/recovery/last_log
tw_get_context got selinux context: u:eek:bject_r:media_rw_data_file:s0
I:Got default contexts and file mode for storage files.
I:Attempt to load settings from settings file...
I:InfoManager loading from '/data/media/0/TWRP/.twrps'.
I:Backup folder set to '/external_sd/TWRP/BACKUPS/AYK4C17C13005188'
I:Copying file /etc/recovery.fstab to /cache/recovery/recovery.fstab
I:Version number saved to '/cache/recovery/.version'
__bionic_open_tzdata: couldn't find any tzdata when looking for CST6CDT,M3.2.0,M11.1.0!
__bionic_open_tzdata: couldn't find any tzdata when looking for posixrules!
I:TWFunc::Set_Brightness: Setting brightness control to 2522
I:pageManager::LoadFileToBuffer loading filename: '/twres/languages/ot.xml' directly
parsing languageFile
parsing languageFile done
I:Translating partition display names
I:Backup folder set to '/external_sd/TWRP/BACKUPS/AYK4C17C13005188'
I:Switching packages (TWRP)
I:Starting Adb Backup FIFO
I:Skipping screen timeout: TW_NO_SCREEN_TIMEOUT is set
I:Set page: 'main'
I:Set page: 'clear_vars'
I:Set page: 'main2'
I:Set page: 'install'
I:Set page: 'flash_confirm'
I:Set page: 'flash_zip'
I:eek:peration_start: 'Flashing'
Installing zip file '/external_sd/lineage-15.1-20180422-UNOFFICIAL-leland.zip'
Checking for Digest file...
Skipping Digest check: no Digest file found
I:Update binary zip
Verifying package compatibility...
Package doesn't contain compatibility.zip entry
I:Zip does not contain SELinux file_contexts file in its root.
SELinux: Loaded file_contexts
Target: Honor/lineage_leland/leland:8.1.0/OPM2.171019.029/1c342163a5:userdebug/test-keys
Target: Honor/lineage_leland/leland:8.1.0/OPM2.171019.029/1c342163a5:userdebug/test-keysExtracted file "/tmp/install/bin/backuptool.functions"
Extracted file "/tmp/install/bin/otasigcheck.sh"
Extracted file "/tmp/install/bin/backuptool.sh"
Extracted 3 file(s)
detected filesystem f2fs for /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system

detected filesystem f2fs for /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/systemabout to run program [/tmp/install/bin/backuptool.sh] with 2 args
run_program: child exited with status 127
Patching system image unconditionally...
performing update
Patching system image unconditionally...blockimg version is 4
maximum stash entries 0
using existing stash /cache/recovery/2bdde8504898ccfcd2c59f20bb8c9c25f73bb524/
erasing 579847 blocks
BLKDISCARD ioctl failed: Invalid argument
failed to execute command [erase 12,1356,8059,327959,392704,393729,523776,524812,818688,819714,884224,885250,905216]
script aborted: E1001: Failed to update system image.
E1001: Failed to update system image.error: 1001
Updater process ended with ERROR: 7
I:Install took 1 second(s).
Error installing zip file '/external_sd/lineage-15.1-20180422-UNOFFICIAL-leland.zip'
Updating partition details...
I:Data backup size is 0MB, free: 24341MB.
...done

hackintosh5

Sep 15, 2017
Hi,
Does video recording work (I think it probably does as this is a new phone, but just checking to be sure)?
About the stripes in camera, maybe try PHH's Treble EMUI Camera app. It may work better.

EDIT: also does this ROM function via Treble or the old way of ROM?

EDIT 2: If/When Honor update this device to P, we should get a vendor partition with full support for Dual-Camera! Look here: https://developer.android.com/preview/features#camera

Thanks!

Last edited:

JamesBott

Feb 2, 2011
Ansbach
@AndropaX

install with twrp "lineage-15.1-20180425-UNOFFICIAL-leland.zip" NOT work on phones with OREO delivered.
the problem is : we need twrp with crypting.
only way at this moment : flash system los.img
big twrp-developer work on twrp with crypting. at this moment no twrp found WITH crypting.

hackintosh5

Sep 15, 2017
@AndropaX

install with twrp "lineage-15.1-20180425-UNOFFICIAL-leland.zip" NOT work on phones with OREO delivered.
the problem is : we need twrp with crypting.
only way at this moment : flash system los.img
big twrp-developer work on twrp with crypting. at this moment no twrp found WITH crypting.

Buing cheapest microSD card for now isn't a big deal...

Wysłane z mojego LLD-L31 przy użyciu Tapatalka
I assume you want data crypt so that you can access the rom zip? I would sideload personally.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working :
    Almost everything

What's not working :
    • VoLTE (?)
    • AudioFX on headphones
    • Maybe something else...

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Make full wipe
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][leland][8.1] LineageOS 15.1, ROM for the Honor 9 Lite

Contributors
    AndropaX, LuK1337, surdu_petru
    Source Code: https://github.com/AndropaX/android_device_honor_leland/tree/leland-8.1

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2018-04-25

Created 2018-04-22
    Last Updated 2018-04-25
    This issues will be fixed in 2 weeks, 3 days, 7 hours, 25 minutes and 53 seconds...
    C'mon guys...

Wysłane z mojego LLD-L31 przy użyciu Tapatalka
    my way
    - modify updater-script (erase line 1+2 "assertion")
    - boot to twrp
    - wipe
    - twrp install open_gapps-arm-8.1-pico64-20180414.zip
    - twrp install magisk
    - twrp wipe cache
    - twrp reboot to system
    - phone boot as a "new phone" (settings...) and WORK !
    only problem with TB (no SU), is problem with magisk - not LOS. now i must search "why"
    Wishes:
    - modify updater-script before you upload
    - how much work is modify button-layout ? i wish rotate from "return,home,oversight" to "oversight,home,return" (is Tradition on my phones) :)
    Now i am LOS15.1 on my phone and test in next day's.

This is very good work ! Many thank's !!!
    Install Magisk and you'll have passing Safetynet.

If Magisk doesn't help, I've got a trick up my sleeve.
    Basically you modify the kernel fs/proc/cmdline.c to set androidboot.enable_dm_verity,secboot,verifiedbootstate,veritymode to the stock values without BL unlock. Then the safetynet will detect androidboot.verifiedbootstate=green, and allow the system to continue.

Magic.:cool:

EDIT: Well ive decided that I will compile a patched kernel right now, as I have a build machine just idling on 125 TDP
    Is there any fix for VOLTE ? How long we can expect to get it working ?
    Grrrr. We will never have VoLTE. Shut up and read the rules.

Sent from my kminiltexx using XDA Labs