[ROM][UNOFFICIAL]Lineage-17.1[ANDROID-10][A6000/A6000 PLUS][STABLE]

Search This thread

dev_harsh1998

Recognized Developer
Apr 25, 2014
Varanasi
1200px-Lineage_OS_Logo.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :
  • Boots
  • Camera
  • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
  • Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth
  • Video Playback
  • Audio
  • Sensors
  • GPS
  • Sepolicy [Yes you can use banking apps]

Known issues:
  • You can't upgrade from lineage if encrypted.

Don't report about known issues, It will be ignored

Screens
[/HIDE][/SIZE]

Follow Instructions Carefully otherwise you will get error :
  • Flash latest TWRP Else you will get errors
  • Boot into your recovery
  • Wipe cache, dalvik's cache,system,data,internal storage
  • Flash ROM-Flash Gapps
  • Done-Reboot Now
  • Enjoy the clean rom

Downloads :
Don't forget to press thanks
Follow This Link Get The Build

Source code:
ROM: https://github.com/lineageos/android
Device: dev-harsh1998/android_device_lenovo_a6000
Kernel: dev-harsh1998/kernel_lenovo_msm8916
Proprietary Vendor: dev-harsh1998/prorietary_vendor_lenovo

Our telegram group: Official Lenovo A6000 Dev & User Interaction chat

XDA:DevDB Information
Lineage-17.1 Lenovo A6000/ A6000 Plus, ROM for the Lenovo A6000/Plus

Contributors
dev_harsh1998
Source Code: http://github.com/dev-harsh1998

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: Hex Firmware Patch
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2020-02-07
Last Updated 2020-02-07

Last edited:

dev_harsh1998

Recognized Developer
Apr 25, 2014
Varanasi
Screenshots

These are some screenshots, courtesy of Bikram and Sher Singh, This wouldn't have been possible without them.

Attachments

• photo_2020-02-07_20-57-42.jpg
    photo_2020-02-07_20-57-42.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 4,430
  • photo_2020-02-07_20-57-51.jpg
    photo_2020-02-07_20-57-51.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 4,587
  • Screenshot_20200205-193059_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20200205-193059_Settings.png
    85.6 KB · Views: 4,673
  • Screenshot_20200205-193437_LineageOS_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20200205-193437_LineageOS_Settings.png
    81.7 KB · Views: 4,537
  • photo_2020-02-07_20-58-07.jpg
    photo_2020-02-07_20-58-07.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 4,362
  • photo_2020-02-07_20-58-11.jpg
    photo_2020-02-07_20-58-11.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 4,214
Last edited:

dev_harsh1998

Recognized Developer
Apr 25, 2014
Varanasi
Frequently Asked Questions!

Q : I get error 255/7 while flashing from recovery
A : Flash using correct TWRP.

Q : How do i flash rom?
A : No rocket science Just wipe /system /cache /dalvik's cache & internal storage from twrp, Then simply flash the rom package and reboot.

Q : Can I dirty flash the next build?
A : If you are upgrading from previous builds of this rom to the current builds then O'course you can dirty flash by just flashing the new rom package , gapps package and wiping both the cache partition however i advice you to refrain from doing dirty flash. Follow the instructions if posted after a build drop and flash the package accordingly if instructions explicitly mention about clean flashing.

Q : Where do i get compatible gapps/ I can't signIn into google play?
A : Get your Gapps from OpenGapps.org, only use Pico or nano! If you want my support.

Q : Is root access included in this Rom?
A : No it is not. Some testers have had success with Magisk though.

Q : Can I flash ABC mod? Does the ROM support it?
A : Yeah sure, but I will not support you. And no, the ROM probably does not support it.

Q : Android go, when?
A : Decided to disable it for now for good

Q : Livedisplay broken/not working ?
A : Don't touch that section, The support was removed from the kernel because Lenovo's mdss don't go quite well with live display implementation and won't be supported.

Q : Is VOLTE supported ?
A : No.

Q : Is the ROM suited for daily usage ?
A : Yes, Looks like all basic daily usage stuff is functional.

Q : WHEN UPDATE?? GIB UPDATE PL0X.
A : I only post updates when there's a decent list of changes. I'm a college student and there's only so much I can do. Please do not spam my PM regarding this.
I will not respond to any messages demanding ETAs

Last edited:

santoshwins

Dec 31, 2010
Thanks to the dev for bringing Android 10 to A6000 :)

Clean installed the ROM a couple of hours ago. Everything seems to be stable and pretty. Love it. The phone was not laggy or slow even after the very first boot. Excited about exploring all the features of Android 10.

Two issues that I have noticed so far -

1. The phone is not latching on to the network. Tried both SIMs and both Automatic and Manual setting. It latches on - full five bars, then drops it, then latches on, then drops it. So on.
2. The 'Live Display' setting crashes the settings app - the settings within the 'Live Display' section cannot be changed apparently?

Thanks for any help in resolving the above two.
Cheers,
S

dev_harsh1998

Recognized Developer
Apr 25, 2014
Varanasi

Clean installed the ROM a couple of hours ago. Everything seems to be stable and pretty. Love it. The phone was not laggy or slow even after the very first boot. Excited about exploring all the features of Android 10.

1. The phone is not latching on to the network. Tried both SIMs and both Automatic and Manual setting. It latches on - full five bars, then drops it, then latches on, then drops it. So on.
2. The 'Live Display' setting crashes the settings app - the settings within the 'Live Display' section cannot be changed apparently?

Cheers,
S

Network depends upon area to area, If problem is genuine please drop "adb shell logcat -b radio logcat.txt" here so that I can look to it.

LiveDisplay was removed from A6000's builds since Los-15.1's last build because lenovo's changes to mdss don't seem to go well with the kernel implementation of livedisplay, So the feature had to be dropped and since there's no live display driver it crashes when one tries to poke it from settings, Thanks for reminding me, I'll add it to faq

YeaPaul

Mar 1, 2017
I'm facing audio cracking problem.. What should I do now? I tried previous ROMs also like lineageos 16 , aospex all besed on android 9

dev_harsh1998

Recognized Developer
Apr 25, 2014
Varanasi
I'm facing audio cracking problem.. What should I do now? I tried previous ROMs also like lineageos 16 , aospex all besed on android 9

Audio works perfectly fine in los-17.1 & the prior mentioned pie roms, If you are facing such issues it could prolly be cause of damaged hardware or because you might have overlooked flashing hex firmware patch and if it persists even after that then it can't be helped. Make sure you are flashing it on mentioned variants only and follow the instructions carefully, Drop the logs so that we can see them if its genuine and is not caused by any third party apps or by flashing mods.

Regards

Reactions: michael3dell

YeaPaul

Mar 1, 2017
The report

Attachments

• bugreport-Kraft-A6000-QQ1B.200205.002-2020-02-09-03-40-12-dumpstate_log-10778.txt
    4.1 KB · Views: 165

santoshwins

Dec 31, 2010
Network depends upon area to area, If problem is genuine please drop "adb shell logcat -b radio logcat.txt" here so that I can look to it.

Thanks for the prompt response. I have verified with multiple SIMs and multiple locations - it will not latch on to any network.
I ran the command you mentioned but the command appears to run indefinitely and no .txt file is output. I exported the CMD log anyway and is attached. I only let the command run for a few seconds as the log file was quickly exceeding the forum limit of 512KB for txt files.
Help, please?

Thanks, dev.
Cheers,
S

Attachments

• Log.txt
    496.7 KB · Views: 56

dev_harsh1998

Recognized Developer
Apr 25, 2014
Varanasi
Thanks for the prompt response. I have verified with multiple SIMs and multiple locations - it will not latch on to any network.
I ran the command you mentioned but the command appears to run indefinitely and no .txt file is output. I exported the CMD log anyway and is attached. I only let the command run for a few seconds as the log file was quickly exceeding the forum limit of 512KB for txt files.
Help, please?

Thanks, dev.
Cheers,
S

Somehow the telephony is failing and it looses connection again and again that don't happen for others could you again flash hex firmware patch and pull the logs again if the issue persists

santoshwins

Dec 31, 2010
Somehow the telephony is failing and it looses connection again and again that don't happen for others could you again flash hex firmware patch and pull the logs again if the issue persists

Once again, many thanks for the prompt response. Is this still the most recent version of the Hex Firmware Patch? https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120747542

And should I perform a clean install once again? Or simply flash the zip with what I have now?

Thanks,
S

WowSuspect

Dec 29, 2019
I started researching on a6000's Custom Roms for my friend's phone and I'm amazed by this community. I wish i had an a6000.?

K1dney

Amazing work dev_harsh1998, thank you so much!
I am running on your 16.0 version now and I am going to upgrade to this 17.1.
Going to download nano gapps and want to ask you which version to install 32 or 64 bit?
Hex and twrp not required to upgrade right? (already did that for 16.0)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1200px-Lineage_OS_Logo.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :
    • Boots
    • Camera
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • Sepolicy [Yes you can use banking apps]

Known issues:
    • You can't upgrade from lineage if encrypted.

Don't report about known issues, It will be ignored

Screens
    [/HIDE][/SIZE]

Follow Instructions Carefully otherwise you will get error :
    • Flash latest TWRP Else you will get errors
    • Boot into your recovery
    • Wipe cache, dalvik's cache,system,data,internal storage
    • Flash ROM-Flash Gapps
    • Done-Reboot Now
    • Enjoy the clean rom

Downloads :
    Don't forget to press thanks
    Follow This Link Get The Build

Source code:
    ROM: https://github.com/lineageos/android
    Device: dev-harsh1998/android_device_lenovo_a6000
    Kernel: dev-harsh1998/kernel_lenovo_msm8916
    Proprietary Vendor: dev-harsh1998/prorietary_vendor_lenovo

Our telegram group: Official Lenovo A6000 Dev & User Interaction chat

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage-17.1 Lenovo A6000/ A6000 Plus, ROM for the Lenovo A6000/Plus

Contributors
    dev_harsh1998
    Source Code: http://github.com/dev-harsh1998

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Hex Firmware Patch
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2020-02-07
    Last Updated 2020-02-07
    Screenshots

These are some screenshots, courtesy of Bikram and Sher Singh, This wouldn't have been possible without them.
    Frequently Asked Questions!

Q : I get error 255/7 while flashing from recovery
    A : Flash using correct TWRP.

Q : How do i flash rom?
    A : No rocket science Just wipe /system /cache /dalvik's cache & internal storage from twrp, Then simply flash the rom package and reboot.

Q : Can I dirty flash the next build?
    A : If you are upgrading from previous builds of this rom to the current builds then O'course you can dirty flash by just flashing the new rom package , gapps package and wiping both the cache partition however i advice you to refrain from doing dirty flash. Follow the instructions if posted after a build drop and flash the package accordingly if instructions explicitly mention about clean flashing.

Q : Where do i get compatible gapps/ I can't signIn into google play?
    A : Get your Gapps from OpenGapps.org, only use Pico or nano! If you want my support.

Q : Is root access included in this Rom?
    A : No it is not. Some testers have had success with Magisk though.

Q : Can I flash ABC mod? Does the ROM support it?
    A : Yeah sure, but I will not support you. And no, the ROM probably does not support it.

Q : Android go, when?
    A : Decided to disable it for now for good

Q : Livedisplay broken/not working ?
    A : Don't touch that section, The support was removed from the kernel because Lenovo's mdss don't go quite well with live display implementation and won't be supported.

Q : Is VOLTE supported ?
    A : No.

Q : Is the ROM suited for daily usage ?
    A : Yes, Looks like all basic daily usage stuff is functional.

Q : WHEN UPDATE?? GIB UPDATE PL0X.
    A : I only post updates when there's a decent list of changes. I'm a college student and there's only so much I can do. Please do not spam my PM regarding this.
    I will not respond to any messages demanding ETAs

Cheers,
    S

LiveDisplay was removed from A6000's builds since Los-15.1's last build because lenovo's changes to mdss don't seem to go well with the kernel implementation of livedisplay, So the feature had to be dropped and since there's no live display driver it crashes when one tries to poke it from settings, Thanks for reminding me, I'll add it to faq
    Help, please?

Thanks, dev.
    Cheers,
    S