What This Is
This is a personal project to get Lineage OS running on my Pixel 3a. As such it is provided as is, though I will endeavor to provide regular builds and offer limited support as I am able.
What's Been Tested
This is my daily driver, so I've flashed ElementalX kernel and openGapps Pico over stock.
T-Mobile (at least), camera, wifi, bluetooth, gps are used regularly without issue.
What Was Not Tested
- Squeeze sensor
- Gapps beyond Pico
- eSIM doesn't work and has been removed
- If flashing Gapps, an app downloaded at first-time setup Data Transfer Tools will crash constantly and needs to be uninstalled. This may mean you can't transfer data from an old phone to this one via setup.
Lineage OS 16.0 Unofficial
I have not had success with an installable zip for TWRP yet, so the rom images must be flashed via fastboot. You should be familiar with fastboot before attempting to install this rom. It is recommended that you back up your current OS before installing a new one.
Installing this or any rom will void your warranty.
After unlocking OEM and your bootloader, boot into bootloader either with fastboot reboot bootloader or by holding VOLUME DOWN + POWER from power off, plug your phone into the computer.
If running on a linux machine with fastboot installed you can execute the flash-all.sh script included in the download. Alternatively or otherwise:
- fastboot flash boot boot.img
- fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
- fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
- fastboot flash system system.img
- fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
- fastboot -w (to wipe cache and data)
After installing, Gapps (ARM64, 9.0, see note in Known Issues), kernels, Magisk (UNTESTED) and other zips can be installed as normal via TWRP.
I Wanna Go Back
Up-to-date stock images are provided by Google and can be reflashed from bootloader.
Just follow the instructions at the top of the page.
Vendor proprietary packages (thanks to Dirty Unicorns and ZVNexus)