• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [UNOFFICIAL] Lineage OS 16.0 -- 7/10/19

Search This thread

pipyui

Jul 21, 2015
1920px-LineageOS_Wordmark.svg.png

What This Is
This is a personal project to get Lineage OS running on my Pixel 3a. As such it is provided as is, though I will endeavor to provide regular builds and offer limited support as I am able.

What's Been Tested
This is my daily driver, so I've flashed ElementalX kernel and openGapps Pico over stock.
T-Mobile (at least), camera, wifi, bluetooth, gps are used regularly without issue.

What Was Not Tested
  • Root
  • Squeeze sensor
  • Gapps beyond Pico

Known Issues
  • eSIM doesn't work and has been removed
  • If flashing Gapps, an app downloaded at first-time setup Data Transfer Tools will crash constantly and needs to be uninstalled. This may mean you can't transfer data from an old phone to this one via setup.

Downloads
Lineage OS 16.0 Unofficial

Installation
I have not had success with an installable zip for TWRP yet, so the rom images must be flashed via fastboot. You should be familiar with fastboot before attempting to install this rom. It is recommended that you back up your current OS before installing a new one.

Installing this or any rom will void your warranty.

After unlocking OEM and your bootloader, boot into bootloader either with fastboot reboot bootloader or by holding VOLUME DOWN + POWER from power off, plug your phone into the computer.

If running on a linux machine with fastboot installed you can execute the flash-all.sh script included in the download. Alternatively or otherwise:
  • fastboot flash boot boot.img
  • fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
  • fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
  • fastboot flash system system.img
  • fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
  • fastboot -w (to wipe cache and data)

After installing, Gapps (ARM64, 9.0, see note in Known Issues), kernels, Magisk (UNTESTED) and other zips can be installed as normal via TWRP.

I Wanna Go Back
Up-to-date stock images are provided by Google and can be reflashed from bootloader.
Just follow the instructions at the top of the page.

Sources
LineageOS
Vendor proprietary packages (thanks to Dirty Unicorns and ZVNexus)

Last edited:

gee one

Jul 29, 2010
linux command line
Nice work! I'll have to wait until tonight to test it.

I've been working on my own builds. The June firmware worked well, but after updating to July firmware and vendor, WiFi calling isn't working. The camera had always been a little fickle. I can't wait to test...

Reactions: pipyui

koichirose

Jul 26, 2010
Does it support Google Camera fully (with motion and everything)?
Any hope of making it official?

Great work!

pipyui

Jul 21, 2015
Nice work! I'll have to wait until tonight to test it.

I've been working on my own builds. The June firmware worked well, but after updating to July firmware and vendor, WiFi calling isn't working. The camera had always been a little fickle. I can't wait to test...

Let me know what you discover! I haven't tested wifi calling (wouldn't even know how) wifi calling works fine on T-Mobile, and while I looked through my logcat, I can't say I was entirely confident in my ability to read it...
Mostly 'access denied' errors on some gpu libraries and an error reading the squeeze sensor config (but only when I'm connected to adb). :confused:

Does it support Google Camera fully (with motion and everything)?
Any hope of making it official?

Great work!

Thanks! I hadn't tested google camera motion till now, but it doesn't look to be working works with Google Photos installed. Haven't had trouble with pictures and video otherwise through it though.
In regards to making it official, maybe with some polish. I'm new to the android dev scene so not too confident in my ability to maintain a project like this yet. :p
But I'll look into the process.

Last edited:

gee one

Jul 29, 2010
linux command line
Let me know what you discover! I haven't tested wifi calling (wouldn't even know how), and while I looked through my logcat, I can't say I was entirely confident in my ability to read it...
Mostly 'access denied' errors on some gpu libraries and an error reading the squeeze sensor config (but only when I'm connected to adb). :confused:

Thanks! I hadn't tested google camera motion till now, but it doesn't look to be working. Haven't had trouble with pictures and video otherwise through it though.
In regards to making it official, maybe with some polish. I'm new to the android dev scene so not too confident in my ability to maintain a project like this yet. :p
But I'll look into the process.
Yes, I get a lot of selinux errors in the logcat too. I haven't had time to research them.

The squeeze issue is odd, perhaps some uid is conflicting. I think these are set up in the init files.

pipyui

Jul 21, 2015
Nevermind @koichirose, camera Motion works fine once I installed Google Photos. :good:

Yes, I get a lot of selinux errors in the logcat too. I haven't had time to research them.

The squeeze issue is odd, perhaps some uid is conflicting. I think these are set up in the init files.

It's odd that it only shows up when I connect to logcat via adb. Local terminal logcat doesn't show me these squeeze errors.

Also, wifi calling working on T-Mobile :good:

Last edited:

Chronzy

Jun 28, 2010
Austin, TX
Thanks for building. I had issues installing apps from the play store, lots of download pending despite force stopping play store and several reboots. Also magisk doesn't appear to work when flashed through twrp. I didn't try patching the kernel through magisk manager though. Good first look though!

pipyui

Jul 21, 2015
Thanks for building. I had issues installing apps from the play store, lots of download pending despite force stopping play store and several reboots. Also magisk doesn't appear to work when flashed through twrp. I didn't try patching the kernel through magisk manager though. Good first look though!

I ran into this same issue - had to remove Data Transfer Tools (don't need root for this, since it was downloaded by gapps) and do a cache wipe to be able to download apps again. I think it blocks you from using the play store until you complete google's first-time setup, and this app blocks that (not to mention it crashes frequently).

I'll test out Magisk when I'm able. You may need to enable root access to apps in dev settings, but I'm unsure.

Reactions: nouse1981

dwa91

Mar 12, 2018
Thanks for putting a build together! Provides even more incentive for me to make the switch over to a 3a :D Keep up the good work.

Dreamsocks66

Jul 15, 2019
Could anybody who has been testing out this rom give me any idea of what their battery life is like? I feel like mine has been much worse since flashing this. Dropped 10% overnight with nothing running and in airplane mode.

Geo411m

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 3, 2009
Bartow Florida
any chance for a 3aXL port? I've been wanting to do one myself but I'm in the middle of a kitchen remodel so not much time to setup a build environment.

pipyui

Jul 21, 2015
Is the device showing as certified without root?

It is not certified.

Could anybody who has been testing out this rom give me any idea of what their battery life is like? I feel like mine has been much worse since flashing this. Dropped 10% overnight with nothing running and in airplane mode.

I get about 2 days out of a charge on ElementalX kernel, but I'm sorry to say I've hardly tested vanilla LoS kernel.
In my experience I usually have to go through a full charge cycle on a new rom then restart my phone for battery life to stabilize.

any chance for a 3aXL port? I've been wanting to do one myself but I'm in the middle of a kitchen remodel so not much time to setup a build environment.

While I should be able to build an XL port, I won't be able to test it myself. Let me know if you'd like to run a build in beta.

Geo411m

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 3, 2009
Bartow Florida
It is not certified.

I get about 2 days out of a charge on ElementalX kernel, but I'm sorry to say I've hardly tested vanilla LoS kernel.
In my experience I usually have to go through a full charge cycle on a new rom then restart my phone for battery life to stabilize.

While I should be able to build an XL port, I won't be able to test it myself. Let me know if you'd like to run a build in beta.

I'll test for you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1920px-LineageOS_Wordmark.svg.png

What This Is
    This is a personal project to get Lineage OS running on my Pixel 3a. As such it is provided as is, though I will endeavor to provide regular builds and offer limited support as I am able.

What's Been Tested
    This is my daily driver, so I've flashed ElementalX kernel and openGapps Pico over stock.
    T-Mobile (at least), camera, wifi, bluetooth, gps are used regularly without issue.

What Was Not Tested
    • Root
    • Squeeze sensor
    • Gapps beyond Pico

Known Issues
    • eSIM doesn't work and has been removed
    • If flashing Gapps, an app downloaded at first-time setup Data Transfer Tools will crash constantly and needs to be uninstalled. This may mean you can't transfer data from an old phone to this one via setup.

Downloads
    Lineage OS 16.0 Unofficial

Installation
    I have not had success with an installable zip for TWRP yet, so the rom images must be flashed via fastboot. You should be familiar with fastboot before attempting to install this rom. It is recommended that you back up your current OS before installing a new one.

Installing this or any rom will void your warranty.

After unlocking OEM and your bootloader, boot into bootloader either with fastboot reboot bootloader or by holding VOLUME DOWN + POWER from power off, plug your phone into the computer.

If running on a linux machine with fastboot installed you can execute the flash-all.sh script included in the download. Alternatively or otherwise:
    • fastboot flash boot boot.img
    • fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
    • fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    • fastboot flash system system.img
    • fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
    • fastboot -w (to wipe cache and data)

After installing, Gapps (ARM64, 9.0, see note in Known Issues), kernels, Magisk (UNTESTED) and other zips can be installed as normal via TWRP.

I Wanna Go Back
    Up-to-date stock images are provided by Google and can be reflashed from bootloader.
    Just follow the instructions at the top of the page.

Sources
    LineageOS
    Vendor proprietary packages (thanks to Dirty Unicorns and ZVNexus)
    Development is dead? Didnt find his sources. I can start work, need to make on one ssd linux again maybe will start work latter. Im out of time now.
    FYI - I haven't forgotten about these pie builds. If anyone is trying to build it for themselves, feel free to shout out if you have any questions.

I'm waiting for these commits to get merged and then I'll fire up a new los 16 build for sargo.

https://review.lineageos.org/q/topic:"P_asb_2019-10"+(status:open OR status:merged)
    Here is a fresh build of lineage-16.0. The build has been pretty stable lately and not much has changed in the tree. There are probably just a few incremental fixes that aren't sargo specific.

I haven't tested this, although I don't have any reason to believe it won't work. I flashed qberry on my test phone last night, so I probably won't flash back to pie on it.

https://brownbagdinner.com/lineage-16.0-20190905-UNOFFICIAL-sargo_52e26e07.zip

I can confirm it works fine!

There appears to be no audio (mic and speaker) in the dialler now, investigating...
    New build is up- I think I figured out the call issue. Somehow my vendor trees were deleted, so the rom didn't include all the proprietary files.

This is a stock build with all the los rom updates as of 9/18, although the build date is 9/19 since I kicked this off late last night.

The images link has just img files if you want to flash through fastboot. I think most people will want the first link which is a flashable zip.

Thanks to snoopy20 for testing this.

Flashable zip
    https://brownbagdinner.com/lineage-16.0-20190919-UNOFFICIAL-sargo_33f3f20a.zip

.img files for fastboot
    https://brownbagdinner.com/lineage-16.0-20190919-UNOFFICIAL-sargo_images_a6835a00.tar[/QUOTE]