[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] Lineage OS 16.0

Search This thread

Tutul_

Jul 3, 2018
Thanks for your work.

I try to use two update with the lineage_updater (to see if that work and to perform full addon v2 script execution). And I find an issue.
But first, if someone want to know how I get the lineage_updater working with a custom file : based on the "marlin update" page from lineageos (has a script in it), I register the downloader archive into the lineage_updater database. Then I simply start the update process.

The issue is that the bootloader failed in both test to run the kernel with a really early error message. Cannot get into the bootloader itself too. I find out that the GPT header seem to be corrupted (try with the first update of 2020 and the one from 30th of january). I think no other partitions are corrupted because flashing back only the "partition" location with fastboot resolve the bootloader crash and I can access bootloader/recovery/lineageos.

I find out when I try to reflash a bootloader to see if that was the problem and the fastboot response was about bad partition name.

Can someone else try it to see if it's the good explanation ?
Asking because two month ago I bricked my phone (like full disk corruption) and perform a blankflash operation so maybe I still have something not fully restored that may mess up during an update. But everything look fine except some missing properties in the bootloader (but android has them right so). I don't think it's linked but if someone else can confirm the bug, it's a must :)

SirR

Dec 18, 2006
Hi!

Thanks a lot for your work!

Just a quick feedback on lineage-16.0-20200201-UNOFFICIAL-lake: quite a lot works as it should, impressive! Bluetooth support does still have some little flaws, e.g. when using in my car, the carrier name and signal strength is shown for a few seconds and the switches to "unknown network" and no signal. Battery level is ok. This behavior changed a bit from previous versions, where network used to appear randomly or not from one connection to the other. Perhaps something to do with SELinux?

jc56au

Feb 26, 2011
The Bluetooth issue may relate to Magisk (or Magisk/Lineage/Motorola interaction). I found I had to go to v19.1 to get it to work with the 20190926 version. Haven't had the time to try the later version.

Reactions: SirR

palador42

Jan 29, 2020
I found an issue when watching youtube, which appears with the default browser as well as firefox. In fullscreen, quite a bit of the bottom is cropped. You can see that on the screenshot. The 1st rank of the chess board is rendered half.

Screenshot-20200204-140212-Firefox.png

gerchla

Nov 27, 2019
Is there a way how to backup stock android and stock recovery prior to flashing lineageos and twrp?

DevonF

Sep 12, 2015
Which X7 Plus variants does this support?

The Moto G7 Plus comes in different variants with varying mobile bands for different markets: XT1965-2 dual SIM for Latin America, XT1965-3 single or dual sim for EU, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, XT1965-4 for India and XT1965-6 for China. Apparently there was also an XT1965-1 documented with single SIM for the Canada/US market but doesn't appear to ever made it to market.

Is this ROM intended to support all of them? The -2, and -3 appear to be the most widely available. One post mentioned it's been tested on the XT1965-2, has it been tested on the XT1965-3?

darkherman

The Moto G7 Plus comes in different variants with varying mobile bands for different markets: XT1965-2 dual SIM for Latin America, XT1965-3 single or dual sim for EU, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, XT1965-4 for India and XT1965-6 for China. Apparently there was also an XT1965-1 documented with single SIM for the Canada/US market but doesn't appear to ever made it to market.

Is this ROM intended to support all of them? The -2, and -3 appear to be the most widely available. One post mentioned it's been tested on the XT1965-2, has it been tested on the XT1965-3?

in post says it is not supported the AT&T and Verizon Variant because it does not allow unlock bootloader, on the band of the network that does not change remains intact because baseband the custom rom does not change

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

Is this real?
vendor:https://github.com/AndroidBlobs/vendor_motorola_lake/tree/10-QPW30.61-21-cb81e-release-keys

device:https://github.com/AndroidBlobs/device_motorola_lake/tree/10-QPW30.61-21-cb81e-release-keys
:confused:

zohar_ml

Apr 24, 2015

I'm using it on the XT1965-6 as a daily driver.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

gerchla

Nov 27, 2019
I flashed this rom and want to get rid of of some apps. For other phones, I usually fastbooted TWRP, used its Terminal and deleted the apk from /system/app, /system/priv-app etc.
Here, /system is empty, and I cannot find any apk using find and grep on /
Any idea where i can find those?

edit: system is mounted in TWRP.

Last edited:

aron.sjoberg

Dec 25, 2009
I followed the instructions and got my G7 Plus to boot Lineage. After setup I restarted in TWRP and flashed Gapps and Magisk. Now the phone only boot to AP Fastboot Flash Mode. I can boot into TWRP using "fastboot boot twrp-3.3.1-v6.0-lake.img" from command promt. Why is the phone stuck in bootloop? Why can't I get Lineage to boot up again after flashing Gapps and Magisk?

Last edited:

Thomas080808

Aug 16, 2017
Quick question I have the TMobile XT1965-T will this work? I'm just wondering because it's not technically a Moto g7 but it is...

Yes it works great I have the T-Mobile Revvlry plus xt1965-t I installed lineage 20200130 and I have no issues volume is amazing even in calls, camera is great, no network or blutooth issues and Volte is working

Last edited:

enilkcals

Dec 18, 2011
I followed the instructions and got my G7 Plus to boot Lineage. After setup I restarted in TWRP and flashed Gapps and Magisk. Now the phone only boot to AP Fastboot Flash Mode. I can boot into TWRP using "fastboot boot twrp-3.3.1-v6.0-lake.img" from command promt. Why is the phone stuck in bootloop? Why can't I get Lineage to boot up again after flashing Gapps and Magisk?

Usually if you want to install and use Gapps when flashing a non-stock ROM you have to flash Gapps before the first boot. Thus wipe and flash LineageOS again and before booting install Gapps.

This shouldn't be the case with Magisk but personally I usually flash it before booting too.

thingumabob

Dec 31, 2017
Quick feedback:
I installed the latest (20200201 - debug) build on XT1965-3, coming from Stock and following OPs first posts install instructions, without any issues!

I used

- lineage-16.0-20200201-UNOFFICIAL-lake.zip
- copy-partitions-AB.zip
- twrp-3.3.1-v5.1-lake-jlb.img / twrp-installer-3.3.1-v5.1-lake-jlb.zip
- open_gapps-arm64-9.0-pico-20200225.zip
- no Magisk
- MGC_6.1.021_BSG_Arnova_TlnNeun_V1.3.030119.0645.ap k / g7p_new_cfg_jeffreyvh.xml (GCam APK + config file from link somewhere in this thread)

and the phone is working great!

I haven't tested NFC, but all core functionality I use daily is happily working, including

- WLAN / Hotspot
- Bluetooth (all functionality)
- Dual-SIM + SD Card mode
- Network / LTE+
- Telephone / SMS / MMS
- Camera (all modes, on both GCam and LOS stock apps - GCam quality is far better)

I'm not a power user, so excuse my shallowness of testing.

Massive appreciation @Jleeblanch for this build!!! Thx a lot, and I hope you can go OFFICIAL with this!

Btw. I wasn't sure if I should go directly for your LOS17 builds, but I figured they'd be still behind the quality of this (LOS16) branch...mind sharing your own assessment on them (LOS17)?

waco17

Sep 9, 2012
help with network

hi,
i do need ur help if u can, i bought a T mobile moto revvlry + online when i tried to put my sim card they told me the network is locked and i cant use it here in usa.
do u know how i can pass this problem or there is any rom can fix it or anyway to use it overseas plz and thanks

punzik

Feb 23, 2012
Build with microg

Hello! Need your help please!
I am trying to build lineage 16.0 with a microg, but I get an error:
Code:
ninja: error: 'kernel/motorola/msm8998/arch/arm64/configs/lineageos_lake_defconfig', needed by '/srv/src/LINEAGE_16_0/out/target/product/lake/obj/KERNEL_OBJ/.config', missing and no known rule to make it
10:30:27 ninja failed with: exit status 1

roomservice.xml:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <project name="Jleeblanch/android_device_motorola_lake" path="device/motorola/lake" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />
  <project name="Jleeblanch/android_device_motorola_sdm660-common" path="device/motorola/sdm660-common" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />
  <project name="Jleeblanch/android_vendor_motorola" path="vendor/motorola" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />
  <project name="Jleeblanch/kernel_motorola_sdm660" path="kernel/motorola/sdm660" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />
</manifest>

prebuilts.xml:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <project name="lineageos4microg/android_prebuilts_prebuiltapks" path="prebuilts/prebuiltapks" remote="github" revision="master" />
</manifest>

What am I doing wrong?

blipk99

Mar 24, 2020
Hey @Jleeblanch, love the work you are doing on this ROM and have been using it for a while.

I've flashed your most recent 17.1 (March 5th) though and am having some issues with the microphone, seems to work in all apps except the Motorola Camera app (lineage camera it works fine), and only works for some time on the phone before it stops working.

I added this fix (https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...c-fix-t3503128) to my build.prop and it seems to have fixed the microphone in the calls (so far), yet still no audio when I record a video with Motorola Camera.

Did you have a release planned for 17.1? Or any pointers on how I may be able to fix the issue myself?

Thank you.

Jleeblanch

Feb 6, 2012
Colchester, VT
Moto G4 Plus
Moto G6
Hey @Jleeblanch, love the work you are doing on this ROM and have been using it for a while.

I've flashed your most recent 17.1 (March 5th) though and am having some issues with the microphone, seems to work in all apps except the Motorola Camera app (lineage camera it works fine), and only works for some time on the phone before it stops working.

I added this fix (https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...c-fix-t3503128) to my build.prop and it seems to have fixed the microphone in the calls (so far), yet still no audio when I record a video with Motorola Camera.

Did you have a release planned for 17.1? Or any pointers on how I may be able to fix the issue myself?

Thank you.
Haha, well same response I gave in the other thread is actually valid here too, except for the build. Lake is also accepted for Official LineageOS as well [emoji6] So I'll be maintaining 2 devices!

New build with same issues addressed is found here -> lineage-17.1-20200314-UNOFFICIAL-lake.zip

blipk99

Mar 24, 2020
Haha, well same response I gave in the other thread is actually valid here too, except for the build. Lake is also accepted for Official LineageOS as well [emoji6] So I'll be maintaining 2 devices!

New build with same issues addressed is found here -> lineage-17.1-20200314-UNOFFICIAL-lake.zip

Awesome, thank you!

That one wasn't showing up in the 'all builds' folder here: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=298693&sort_by=date&sort_dir=DESC

Will give it a go, thanks :)

Jleeblanch

Feb 6, 2012
Colchester, VT
Moto G4 Plus
Moto G6
Awesome, thank you!

That one wasn't showing up in the 'all builds' folder here: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=298693&sort_by=date&sort_dir=DESC

Will give it a go, thanks :)
That's my fault, it was actually a "test" build to make sure the issue you mentioned previously was fixed.

I'll most likely have time to post more builds before Lineage starts shipping them for me, and will open a new thread then as well so everyone can post there [emoji106]

blipk99

Mar 24, 2020
That's my fault, it was actually a "test" build to make sure the issue you mentioned previously was fixed.

I'll most likely have time to post more builds before Lineage starts shipping them for me, and will open a new thread then as well so everyone can post there [emoji106]

Hey, just doing some testing on this latest build, phone calls seem to be working now, although I get a red border around the app when dialing out, google tells me this is because of 'strict mode' but I have that disabled, perhaps you've hard coded it in the test build? Setting battery mode to 'performance' rather than 'balanced' seems to remove it.

Moto Camera app is still not recording sound though, it gives me a warning "Hardware version does not support Portrait mode", not sure if that's relevant.

Everything else seems to be working good.
Let me know if you need any debug data to help fix these issues.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    P6tVwPF.jpg

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

[size=+2]Introduction:[/size]

This is the unofficial Lineage OS thread for the Moto G7 Plus, codename lake.

We support all the T-Mobile, International, and Project Fi variants, as their bootloaders are unlockable, while we can't support the Verizon and AT&T variants, as their bootloaders are permanently locked.

[size=+2]Downloads:[/size]

[size=+1]ROM[/size]
    [size=+1]Recovery[/size]
    [size=+1]GApps[/size]
    • OpenGApps || arm64 - nano version recommended
    [size=+2]Installation:[/size]
    • Download the ROM and GApps from the links above.
    • Boot the latest twrp.img (or reboot the bootloader and then to twrp if already installed).
    • IF YOU ARE COMING FROM STOCK AND WANT TO INSTALL CUSTOM ROMS FOR FIRST TIME, INSTALL THE copy-partitions-AB.zip (to avoid bricking)
    • In TWRP, click "Wipe", "Format Data", then type "yes" as prompted.
    • Flash latest build of lineageos
    • Flash latest twrp-installer zip (to keep twrp installed, it'll flash to both slots)
    • Reboot and let ROM boot once (It is necessary to reboot between ROM flash and GApps/Addon flash due to verity/slot-swap logic.
    • Reboot back to the bootloader and then recovery
    • In TWRP, click "Wipe", "Format Data", then type "yes" as prompted
    • Flash GApps (and Magisk if you want root) and Reboot
    • Profit :p
    [size=+2]Notes:[/size]
    • Lineage OS builds will not pass CTS/SafetyNet -- due to the AVB flag's "red" status. (Magisk works fine, though is not supported.)

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage OS 16.0, ROM for the Moto G7 Plus

Contributors
    Jleeblanch, erfanoabdi
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Official Pie
    Based On: Lineage

Version Information

Created 2019-09-08
    Last Updated 2019-09-29
    LineageOS 16.0

Download -> lineage-16.0-20200116-UNOFFICIAL-lake.zip

Changes:
    -> SELinux Enforcing
    -> Security Patches thru Dec
    -> Blobs updated to PPWS29.98-111-9
    -> Audio changes

NOTES:
    -> This is a debugging build (eng) and if needed, adb should be available during boot. If you guys could please test audio and daily usage. This is the last hurdle before we can go official :)
    BUGS
    • The mic is muted (meaning the other person can't hear you) when using Speaker phone in Calls <- FIXED
    • Low in-call volume <- WIP
    • SELinux is Permissive Enforced
    Many thanks @Jleeblanch!

It's definitely faster & smoother than stock, and everything is working fine except for passing ctsProfile in safetynet as noted, also keep getting the SD card setup notification on every reboot, but very minor stuff for an initial release of the first ROM created for the G7 Plus. Camera works with no errors, there are several Moto gestures, advanced reboot & other useful customization, really a nice job! I don't currently have a SIM in it so can't speak to call quality & such.

Since July my device was stuck either in a damaged bootloader with fastboot commands not working (thus unable to flash any firmware) or an early version of TWRP without touch working, also couldn't boot to system so was basically dead in the water. ADB still worked in recovery however, and I recently found a 'adb reboot sideload' command that starts an ADB sideload session without needing any touch, then I was able to sideload twrp-installer-3.3.1-v6.0-lake.zip to get a functional TWRP again! The device could then boot to system again but it was still on 29.98.66-2 that I couldn't update either by OTA or with fastboot since commands still not working. Apparently I can install ROMs with no problems in TWRP.
    Not sure if anyone noticed, but I posted a new build earlier today (updated the Latest build in the OP ?

It was discovered that the touchscreen wasn't working in Android 10 based GSI's, so I've fixed at least that issue in the new update! However, there are still other issues that need resolving, so use at your own risk.