[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] Lineage OS 17.1 [10.0][riva]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

lotekatah

May 4, 2012
Hi dev, thanks for your hardwork on this ROM.
I already flash fix after the ROM. Gapps not yet.
First trial, activate Bluetooth, it keeps stopping.
Did i miss something here?

eddyg31

Mar 27, 2020
In call handsfree volume too loud

I find lowest speaker volume too loud in whatsapp video call and in phone call in handsfree mode. Any idea on how to make it lower?

Btw last build+fix restarted into recovery after boot animation. Using february build running good :good: Thanks for the hardwork dev!

sunnyraj84348

Recognized Developer
Nov 11, 2016
Purnia
Reactions: Vinnie Vincent

Ceapa

May 30, 2014
Hey guys, can you tell me exactly what I am doing wrong here, cause I can't make this work and I'd love to use this Lineage OS.

So I have this installed:
1. Xiaomi_Redmi_5A_V11.0.2.0.OCKMIXM_20191106.0000.00_Global_8.1_XFT
2. then I flash the TWRP
3. I wipe system, data, cache and vendor partition (in later tests I wiped Dalvik too).
4. I flash the specified firmware, then the Lineage OS, then Gapps
At this point I reboot and the phone starts* booting but it doesn't go further than that first default screen. So I try going back into TWRP but it's gone, doesn't work. Only thing that works is fastboot however now I can't flash TWRP again via fastboot, doesn't work. I have to flash the entire stock firmware (at #1), let finish and then start it all over again.
Then, on the next test I coninue with these steps too:
5. I tried flashing Magisk 20.0 and 20.4 but they don't install.
6. Tried SuperSU and Lazyflasher, as I saw in a tutorial, they seem to install with no errors.
I reboot again, same problem, doesn't boot, twrp is gone, can't flash twrp via fastboot, have ot flash stock firmware again.
Then I tried several more time with different TWRP versions, same thing.

I haven't played around with changing android roms for at least 5 years now, maybe I forgot some steps or something. Am I doing something wrong ?
Can you tell me exactly what are the steps precisely from stock firmware ?

Last edited:

Partha Dip

Mar 24, 2017
Flashing steps:

*****First of all i will not take any responsibility if your device gets bricked******
Flashing steps:

1. Install miui 10.1.1 nogut fastboot rom via miflash.

2. Reboot and wait until miui 10 setup page arrives.

3. Now if you need to activate your device by logging into miui account do so.

4. Check if wifi, sim network and rotation sensor are working properly.

5. If rotation sensor doesnt work follow Antik86's guid at
https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-mix-2/help/proximity-sensor-how-to-flash-persist-t3867462
to restore the persist pertition. You will need to enter edl mode for flashing. First enter fastboot mode Then connect to your device from pc via adb and fastboot tool cmd terminal . Enter the command, fastboot oem edl. Your device should enter edl mode now. Now do the flashing following Antik86's post.

6. Again follow step 4. If all is well goto step 7.

7. Install the twrp recovery provided in original post. boot into it.
Wipe- System, data, dalvik/art and cache. (Don't wipe vendor)
Now flash the lineaseos zip. (untick "reboot after install" in twrp)
When done, flash the gapps zip.
Again wipe dalvik/art for nothing.
Reboot

*** It took me not less than 15 time flasing this and that before finally getting it right. I wish there was a guide (At least about which partitions to wipe) before i staerted. I went throught it so you don't have to.
By the way this rom is smooth.Great work dev.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ceapa

Ceapa

May 30, 2014
Thanks very much mate, finally got it to work, tho with some modifications to the steps. After like a couple dozen attempts I finally figured out the right combination, for me at least.
Also it seems it does not wanna work properly with TWRP (for me), even the one suggested in the first post. So the problems were the fact that I wasn't using 10.1.1 (thanks again for the suggestion) and also the wrong recovery image.
These are my steps:

1. While in Miui 11 (Xiaomi_Redmi_5A_V11.0.2.0.OCKMIXM_20191106.0000.00_Global_8.1_XFT) go to settings, activate developer mode, activate OEM unlock (long press on it, not the slider), usb debugging and bind your Mi Account in the "Mi Unlock Status" setting.

2. Use "miflash_unlock-en-3.5.1108.44" to unlock bootloader. Let it restart. Activate again developer mode and usb debugging. Power off and then enter fastboot by pressing both Volume-DOWN and Power.

3. Install "adb-setup-1.4.3.exe" and go to where it installed and open up CMD in that folder and type "fastboot devices" and press enter key to make sure it sees the phone, then type "fastboot oem device-info" and press enter key and check that it says "Device unclocked: true". Seems there's also an unlocked lock icon on the first screen now when the phone boots.

4. Flash older stock firmware with MiFlash. Make sure to pick "clean all" down at the bottom.
"Xiaomi_Redmi_5A_V10.1.1.0.NCKMIFI_20181029.0000.00_Global_7.1_XFT.zip"
Let it restart. Activate again developer mode and usb debugging. Boot into fastboot again.

5. Download the recovery "OrangeFox-R10.1_N1-Stable-riva.zip" and extract the files inside your ADB folder. Open up CMD here again and flash this new recovery, type "fastboot devices", then "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img", then "fastboot boot recovery.img" to reboot the phone inside the new OrangeFox recovery.

6. Inside OrangeFox recovery wipe system + data + dalvik/art + cache. Then flash "lineage-17.1-20200425-UNOFFICIAL-riva.zip" and also "open_gapps-arm64-10.0-nano-20200428.zip".
Wipe dalvik/art again and finally reboot to new Lineage OS.

7. Later on I remembered I also want the phone to be rooted, so booted back in recovery and flashed Magisk 20.4 for root and now it's all good, Yippee Ki Yay !

I placed all the files mentioned on google drive:
drive.google.com/open?id=1cvLVvIdvN8hFCBCJtIwKHaV9RGmJYw39

It works like a god damn charm. Thanks so very much guys for all the work you've put into this. The phone feels completely different, it's so much faster/smoother than that bloated stock bullshit firmware.

Last edited:
Reactions: iron86

iron86

Aug 8, 2011
Odessa
Thanks very much mate, finally got it to work, tho with some modifications to the steps. After like a couple dozen attempts I finally figured out the right combination, for me at least.
Also it seems it does not wanna work properly with TWRP (for me), even the one suggested in the first post. So the problems were the fact that I wasn't using 10.1.1 (thanks again for the suggestion) and also the wrong recovery image.
These are my steps:

1. While in Miui 11 (Xiaomi_Redmi_5A_V11.0.2.0.OCKMIXM_20191106.0000.00_Global_8.1_XFT) go to settings, activate developer mode, activate OEM unlock (long press on it, not the slider), usb debugging and bind your Mi Account in the "Mi Unlock Status" setting.

2. Use "miflash_unlock-en-3.5.1108.44" to unlock bootloader. Let it restart. Activate again developer mode and usb debugging. Power off and then enter fastboot by pressing both Volume-DOWN and Power.

3. Install "adb-setup-1.4.3.exe" and go to where it installed and open up CMD in that folder and type "fastboot devices" and press enter key to make sure it sees the phone, then type "fastboot oem device-info" and press enter key and check that it says "Device unclocked: true". Seems there's also an unlocked lock icon on the first screen now when the phone boots.

4. Flash older stock firmware with MiFlash. Make sure to pick "clean all" down at the bottom.
"Xiaomi_Redmi_5A_V10.1.1.0.NCKMIFI_20181029.0000.00_Global_7.1_XFT.zip"
Let it restart. Activate again developer mode and usb debugging. Boot into fastboot again.

5. Download the recovery "OrangeFox-R10.1_N1-Stable-riva.zip" and extract the files inside your ADB folder. Open up CMD here again and flash this new recovery, type "fastboot devices", then "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img", then "fastboot boot recovery.img" to reboot the phone inside the new OrangeFox recovery.

6. Inside OrangeFox recovery wipe system + data + dalvik/art + cache. Then flash "lineage-17.1-20200425-UNOFFICIAL-riva.zip" and also "open_gapps-arm64-10.0-nano-20200428.zip".
Wipe dalvik/art again and finally reboot to new Lineage OS.

7. Later on I remembered I also want the phone to be rooted, so booted back in recovery and flashed Magisk 20.4 for root and now it's all good, Yippee Ki Yay !

I placed all the files mentioned on google drive:
drive.google.com/open?id=1cvLVvIdvN8hFCBCJtIwKHaV9RGmJYw39

It works like a god damn charm. Thanks so very much guys for all the work you've put into this. The phone feels completely different, it's so much faster/smoother than that bloated stock bullshit firmware.

After this wi-fi is not working
Edit: btw, thanks for guide, is useful for LOS 16, there Wi-Fi it working fine

Last edited:

Ceapa

May 30, 2014
Don't know what to tell you mate, for me it works and it does so surprisingly well. Why do I say "surprisingly" ? Well just a few days ago, before starting on this epic journey to change the android on my Redmi, I was really on the verge of snapping the phone in half because of how bad it started running in these past few months on the latest stock firmware miui 11. I mean it was horrible, the browser lagged horribly, apps would take quite some time to load, some would downright shutdown in the middle of using them and they'd even unload completely from memory once minimized.
But the biggest problem was the wireless. Since the last system update I got from xiaomi the wireless started disconnecting randomly several times a day and it would never reconnect automatically. Sometimes it would even take a reboot to get it working again. I resetted the phone several times these past few weeks, so this definitiely wasn't a problem of maybe conflicting apps on my phone, it was a miui issue.
And this issue seems to not be (as) present in this Lineage 17 os. I've kept quite a close eye on it the past 5 days since I made the change to it and the wireless only disconnected 1 tim requiring manual reconnect. On the other hand it seems to disconnect for like a second several times a day but it does reconnect back up again by itself, so I guess that's not really an issue.

Seems to be an issue with AudioFX app that comes preinstalled and cannot be uninstalled (why ?).
This app causes something like a crackling or constant white background noise to be heard through the speaker and mostly through headphones when listening to audio at the lowest volume, like 5%.
Once this app is turned off the audio becomes cristal clear regardless of volume level.
If you're wondering why I listen at such low volume is because I listen to audiobooks at night as I fall to sleep, so the volume needs to be really low.

There's an app called "Digital Wellbeing" that I got a system warning from like 3 times that "this app keeps crashing", or something like that, can't remember the wording exactly. I cannot find the app in the app list to check it out, the only place where I found it is in settings - apps and notifications - app info - all apps. I can select it and it has "disable" and "force stop" options, but again no "uninstall".

I'll post more as I find them, if it helps.

Last edited:

Ceapa

May 30, 2014
It seems there's an issue with the microphone volume when trying to record video, it's extremely low, almost inaudible.
The mic volume is just fine during calls, however that's not the case when using the camera. I tried quite a few different apps, other than the default one installed, and it's the same for all.
The only app where I get a slight boost in audio volume is "Open Camera", if I go into its settings and pick "Stereo" in "Audio channels" and "optimized for voice recognition" in "Audio Source". Still, even so, the volume is quite low.
Do you guys know of a fix for this issue ?
I looked around for people with the same issue and found some fixes for Samsung and other phones, but they all point me to root browser to edit a specific file, file that I cannot find in this rom version, for this phone.

Ceapa

May 30, 2014
After this wi-fi is not working
Edit: btw, thanks for guide, is useful for LOS 16, there Wi-Fi it working fine

I did some reinstalls these past few days to test things out and yes you do seem to get a "wireless not working" error during final install, however just complete the install, let the system load and then connect to the wireless again and it works ok, seems just to be some weird error during install.
All in all I think I did 4 clean installs of this Lineage 17.1 to test this and in the end the wireless worked everytime, despite that error during installation.

I still haven't figured out how to fix the low volume for the microphone in video recording, if anyone has some tips, it would be greatly appreciated. Or at least tell me what camera app you're using and what settings, if it works ok for you.

Also seems there's no way to uninstall the preinstalled apps into the phone using regular rooted apps that work on other phones/OS-es. They're "locked" down quite tight. I tested a few dozen of them and there was no joy. Eventually I had to go through the terminal after installing "Debloat" module on Magisk, to get rid of unwanted default apps, such as camera/email/fm radio/audio fx/file manager/calendar/messaging.

As Partha Dip mentioned also, FM Radio does not work.

Found an additional small bug with the default file manager application. Seems the tabs at the top called "Images / Audio / Video / Documents" are bugged. If you click anything other than the "Images" tab then all the tabs gather together one on top of the other and they become a mess you can't click on. You need to restart the file manager to get rid of the bug.

Note for others - do NOT uninstall the default file manager (com.android.documentsui), even if it's bugged (and the interface looks bad), otherwise you'll lose all write access to your SD card for all your future apps.
Everytime you install a new app that requires SD write permissions it will give you a request to set it these permissions, however it seems the permissions dialog is inbuilt into this default file manager, for some reason, so if you uninstall it, you're screwed.
I spent a good few hours trying to figure out why nothing seems to work right, even formatting the card several times in different formats, only to realize that this Lineage does not have the permissions dialog built into a system window/menu, like it would be normal, instead it's built into a file manager app.

Last edited:

sunnyraj84348

Recognized Developer
Nov 11, 2016
Purnia

psmari

May 26, 2020
Volume of the camera way to low.

Thank you for this work and also Ceapa for his detailed explanations on how to revert an already official-updated phone which was horrible with performance.
Lineage 17.1 for this phone works very well and fast, and i have tested it a lot but one problem (confirmed already by Ceapa and others) is the volume of the camera. The volume is low. Even with Open Camera trying different mic sources dint help to much.
I would not put the Camera at the working list, at least not without this * warning note
Thank you a lot.

Last edited:

psmari

May 26, 2020
Audio volume in video recordings to low

Does any one know how to fix this volume problem?
An update would be nice with a fix.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Code:
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */
    Introduction
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

What's working:
    • Boot
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera / Camcorder
    • Double Tap to Wake (Focaltech)
    • IR Blaster
    • RIL (LTE/Dual SIM/SMS)
    • FM Radio
    • VoLTE
    • GPS
    • WiFi
    • WiFi Hotspot
    • USB (ADB/MTP/PTP)
    • Video Playback
    • Touch
    • Sensors

What's not working:
    • Double Tap to Wake (Goodix)

Installation instructions

• Download the zip(s).
    • Install a compatible Recovery
    • Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    • Wipe system, data, cache and vendor partition
    • Flash specified firmware
    • Flash ROM.
    • Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    • Optional: Install Magisk for Root.

Downloads
    Recovery : Unofficial TWRP
    Gapps : Open Gapps 10.0
    Firmware: Download
    Rom : Lineage OS
    Fix [for 14.04.20 build] : Click Here

Donate
    DONATE To Me

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage OS 17.1, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi 5A

Contributors
    sunnyraj84348
    Source Code: https://github.com/SunnyRaj84348/android_kernel_xiaomi_msm8917

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: V10.1.1.0.NCKMIFI
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2020-02-15

Created 2020-02-15
    Last Updated 2020-10-20
    Changelogs:

14-04-20

• Bump upto april security patch
    • Merged upto LA.UM.8.6.r1-04200-89xx.0
    • Fixed bluetooth incall audio
    • Fixed volte switch(on) by default

25-04-20

• Fixed thermal throttling
    • Improved ram management
    • Selinux Enforced

13-05-20

• May security patch
    • Fixed FM

May Update

Download: https://sourceforge.net/projects/ro...ge-17.1-20200513-UNOFFICIAL-riva.zip/download
    July Update

Changelogs:

14-04-20

25-04-20

• Selinux Enforced

13-05-20

• May security patch
    • Fixed FM

07-06-20

• June security patch
    • Improved gps accuracy

19-06-20

• Fixed volume not being adjusted during call on speaker
    • Fixed mic issues
    • Fixed noise during calls
    • Enhanced audio

18-07-20

• July security patch

Download: https://sourceforge.net/projects/ro...ge-17.1-20200718-UNOFFICIAL-riva.zip/download
    Changelogs:

14-04-20

25-04-20

• Selinux Enforced

13-05-20

• May security patch
    • Fixed FM

07-06-20

• June security patch
    • Improved gps accuracy

19-06-20

• Fixed mic issues
    • Enhanced audio

18-07-20

• July security patch

12-08-20

• August security patch

19-09-20

• September security patch
    • Enabled Full VNDK (use ARM64 A/B GSI)

12-10-20

• Shipped with Linux Kernel 4.9

20-10-20

• Upstreamed kernel upto 4.9.240
    • Fixed front camera for s5k5e8_qtech_riva sensor
    • Fixed IR Blaster
    Changelogs:

14-04-20

25-04-20

• Selinux Enforced

13-05-20

• May security patch
    • Fixed FM

07-06-20

• June security patch
    • Improved gps accuracy

19-06-20

• Fixed mic issues
    • Enhanced audio

UPDATE

Download: https://sourceforge.net/projects/ro...ge-17.1-20200619-UNOFFICIAL-riva.zip/download
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone