• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [UNOFFICIAL] Lineage OS 17.1 | Unihertz Jelly 2

Search This thread

Meetoul

Nov 3, 2013
@Die Bruine

There is a chance, but idk when it will happen. It seems that something has significantly changed in Android 11 or 11 binaries from Unihertz, now I can't even make bootable TWRP based on Android 11 binaries.

PikkuJose

Aug 2, 2013
Hi,

Sorry for the dumb question, but how can I install the ROM here? I installed TWRP, and I can operate over
adb, but adb sideload of lineage 18 just have fun:
Code:
$ adb sideload lineage-18.1-20210709-UNOFFICIAL-Jelly2_TEE.zip
adb: sideload connection failed: closed
adb: trying pre-KitKat sideload method...
adb: pre-KitKat sideload connection failed: closed
$ adb devices
List of devices attached
JELLY20000016085        recovery
This is the eea version, screen in twrp is unusable.

Thanks!
@Meetoul ?

PikkuJose

Aug 2, 2013
You need to operate TWRP, go to advanced and select ADB Sideload. You have two options, connect a mouse via USB C and operate TWRP, or install the other version of TWRP https://github.com/Meetoul/twrp_device_Unihertz_Jelly2_TEE/releases/tag/v0.4-beta . Which is also posted in that topic and later on also here. I have referred to it myself.

And thanks for the heads up Meetoul...
I'll give it a go, thanks both!

EDIT: Indeed! I got it! Thousand thanks to both of you!

Last edited:

PikkuJose

Aug 2, 2013
Does sms configuration work for you all? I'm often swapping to my former unihertz, and I see configuration messages unread there that I can't see in the new device. Any alternative way to get sms configured? or log to share?

Thanks!

Die Bruine

Jan 2, 2008
I didn't have to do anything to get SMS working. Apart from WiFi hotspot not working, notification LED not working and battery drainage, there are no issues. It's my daily driver.
I am curious to try out Android 11 though. Might give it a try today.

PikkuJose

Aug 2, 2013
Well, what it seems not to work is receiving sms, sending works, I tested just now. I'm using
18.1 image which I believe is android 11. Thanks!

Top Liked Posts