[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] Lineage OS 17.1

Search This thread

Nova_8056

Apr 15, 2022
extremly weird issue, never experienced that before, try to clean flash miui and then flash the rom again.
Weird I know right? Well hear this... I restarted the phone, and it did nothing. Then i just went to recovery to check if twrp was still there, or if it got erased. Seeing that it was, and wasn't showing modification screen anymore, i thought it would stay. So i rebooted to system, and there was the setup screen (x files theme plays), which i then realised there was one in this phone, cause when i flashed and booted, it didn't show any setup screen at all(x files theme plays), and i thought it didn't exist. So when the screen came, it allowed me to connect to wifi and all, but like what, was the setup screen sleeping or something? didn't come when i installed and booted first time(x files theme plays), didn't come even after restart (x files theme plays)but came after restart from recovery("Bro what are you talking about man?).
Soo uhh yeah, wifi's working now, but in thinking this os got a mind of its own lol. Most definetely wack...

arquillos

Mar 5, 2010
Madrid
Hi! Thanks for the ROM, it is working nicely with those minor bugs (like the charging led...)

Question: Is there a better camera replacement?
Thanks

WerBn

Jan 17, 2014
Hello everyone
I unlocked my phone with Mi Unlock tool, then flashed recovery.img of OrangeFox

Problem is that adb sideload feature is stuck in 0%. In phone it only says "Installing ZIP file '/sideload/package.zip'"

Also, adb push of any file is stuck at 0% as well. Already tried a bunch of different cables.

Can anyone help me?

Update: I can push small files, but not the image.zip of lineage. This is really strange

Last edited:
Hello everyone
I unlocked my phone with Mi Unlock tool, then flashed recovery.img of OrangeFox

Problem is that adb sideload feature is stuck in 0%. In phone it only says "Installing ZIP file '/sideload/package.zip'"

Also, adb push of any file is stuck at 0% as well. Already tried a bunch of different cables.

Can anyone help me?

Update: I can push small files, but not the image.zip of lineage. This is really strange
use a micro sd card for the file transfer or use a newer recovery for example the official twrp build.

Reactions: WerBn

WerBn

Jan 17, 2014
use a micro sd card for the file transfer or use a newer recovery for example the official twrp build.
Thank you
It helped. I managed to flash the image

But now the phone always boots to fastboot :(
I'm able to go to OrangeFox recovery if I press Up in boot time, but if not, it never boots to the new ROM image :(

Update: just reflashed the original recovery image of MIUI and it boots correctly
So... what did I do wrong?

Last edited:
Thank you
It helped. I managed to flash the image

But now the phone always boots to fastboot :(
I'm able to go to OrangeFox recovery if I press Up in boot time, but if not, it never boots to the new ROM image :(

Update: just reflashed the original recovery image of MIUI and it boots correctly
So... what did I do wrong?
Did you press reboot to system in orangefox? Maybe your orangefox recovery isnt working correctly. Try to use TWRP.

Reactions: WerBn
Aug 22, 2018
check my pm to you i cant bombard roms here lol
If possible I would appreciate a link to this as well. I have not seen anything 64-bit related in all current releases. I successfully built the 64-bit kernel but packaging it results in a brick. This seems like using 32-bit resources with a 64-bit kernel is my main problem.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Instructions :

• Download Twrp, GApps (if you need them), and Magisk (Version 21.4 or older).
    • Flash the downloaded TWRP via fastboot
    • Boot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and Magisk.
    • Flash GApps and any other necessary add-ons

Known issues:

• Carrier Video Calling (ViLTE)
    • Do bug reports in the comment section

Downloads :

Reporting Bugs

• DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Thanks to:
    @wulan17 for device tree
    LineageOS team

Source code:

XDA DevDB Information
    LineageOS 17.1 for Xiaomi Redmi 6 and 6a

Contributors

@EinTim23
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 10.x Q
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: MIUI 10.4.4 - 11.0.4.0 (11.0.5.0 is not working) vendor and firmware
    Based On: CyanogenMod/AOSP

Version Information
    Stable
    Release Date: 2021-03-24

Created 2021-03-24
    Last Updated 2021-03-24
    Hey, how is your rom working, any issues or anything else? What about your experience w
    Everything is all right. Battery life is a way better (about 50% longer for me).
    I can not tell you about VoLTE because I do not use it.

I just do not have a led notification while charging but it is not a problem.
    I done it. I will give a feedback after few days how this ROM works.
    Hey, how is your rom working, any issues or anything else? What about your experience with it?
    I done it. I will give a feedback after few days how this ROM works.
    Hey there, well i have tried many of the custom roms (unofficial) for my redmi 6 cereus, like carbon rom, pixel experience, pixel experience plus, but none of them worked properly, i was somehow facing issues, like camera isn't working etc and i had to return to the stock miui, well i am tired installing diff roms again and again, will yours work properly, what are the issues i can actually face in this your provided lineage os rom? Have you tried and tested it perfectly? I dont wanna brick my device though....
    I tested it on redmi 6 cereus and everything worked fine. just make sure to use 11.0.8.0 miui as base on cactus and 11.0.4.0 for cereus