- Jan 1, 2021
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.
- Download Twrp, GApps (if you need them), and Magisk (Version 21.4 or older).
- Flash the downloaded TWRP via fastboot
- Boot to recovery
- Flash the latest build and Magisk.
- Flash GApps and any other necessary add-ons
- Carrier Video Calling (ViLTE)
- Do bug reports in the comment section
- Redmi 6a(cactus) Download
- Magisk: Download
- Recovery redmi 6a: TWRP OrangeFox
- Google Apps: OpenGApps (use arm/10.0 nano gapps)
- DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
- Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
- If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
- If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
@wulan17 for device tree
- Common device tree: https://github.com/xiaomi-mt6765/android_device_xiaomi_mt6765-common
- Device tree redmi 6a: https://github.com/wulan17/android_device_xiaomi_cactus
- Kernel: https://github.com/xiaomi-mt6765/android_kernel_xiaomi_mt6765
XDA DevDB Information
LineageOS 17.1 for Xiaomi Redmi 6 and 6a
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
ROM OS Version: 10.x Q
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: MIUI 10.4.4 - 18.104.22.168 (22.214.171.124 is not working) vendor and firmware
Based On: CyanogenMod/AOSP
Release Date: 2021-03-24
Last Updated 2021-03-24