[ROM][OFFICIAL] Lineage OS 18.1 for Pixel 2 / 2 XL

Search This thread

Axeleik

Jun 23, 2011
Is there any method to pass SafetyNet completely? basicIntegrity passes, but ctsProfile does not pass for my walleye.

I'm on the newest walleye LOS18.1, TWRP 3.2 with SultanKernel (With your A11 port) and have the newest Magisk installed. I tried the method from a few pages back but it seems not to work.

Axeleik

Jun 23, 2011
Sadly this does not work, when I try to flash it in LOS Recovery, it warns me that the signature is wrong, and if i try to bypass it says

Installing update...
[ 15.890012] E:Error in /sideload/package.zip (status 1)

If I look into the recovery logs, it says

Installing update...
[ 15.889386] *******************************
[ 15.889454] Please install Magisk v19.0+!
[ 15.889457] *******************************
[ 15.890012] E:Error in /sideload/package.zip (status 1)

but I have Magisk 21.4 installed and it even passes basicIntegrity...
What did I do wrong? (Pixel 2, Sultan Kernel)

Diaz1999

Oct 13, 2012
HEX 5375726162617961
Google Pixel 2
Sadly this does not work, when I try to flash it in LOS Recovery, it warns me that the signature is wrong, and if i try to bypass it says

If I look into the recovery logs, it says

but I have Magisk 21.4 installed and it even passes basicIntegrity...
What did I do wrong? (Pixel 2, Sultan Kernel)
First of all, you were doing it slightly wrong. There he said to flash through Magisk–not through recovery. I have done so and it installed successfully–check out the screenshot below.
Flash this in magisk and enable magisk hide in settings, you might need MagiskHide Props Config Module too.
Secondly, it does not work–at least for my walleye. However, the guide from #69 posted by @Eamo5 albeit a bit elaborate, is working–check out the screenshot attached below.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210204-131403_Masker.png
    Screenshot_20210204-131403_Masker.png
    169.9 KB · Views: 234
  • Screenshot_20210204-131311_Masker.png
    Screenshot_20210204-131311_Masker.png
    53.7 KB · Views: 234

Axeleik

Jun 23, 2011
First of all, you were doing it slightly wrong. There he said to flash through Magisk–not through recovery. I have done so and it installed successfully–check out the screenshot below.

Secondly, it does not work–at least for my walleye. However, the guide from #69 posted by @Eamo5 albeit a bit elaborate, is working–check out the screenshot attached below.

You were completely right, I did not read that carefully and should just follow the instructions next time. :D
It works now, thank you very much!

@Eamo5: Maybe it is unnecessary, but it would really help noobs like me (did not fiddle with these kind of things for a long time) to update the instructions for updating in the first post.
For example that you have to also flash Magisk after updating the ROM, otherwise one will result in a bootloop (I nearly wiped everything because I did not know that).
Also maybe it would also help mention that one can do the whole update process through the LOS Recovery (basically never just touch TWRP again after initial setup), previously I did not even know LOS had an own recovery and destroyed my system because I wanted to do everything with TWRP and it can not handle the encryption.
It could be that everyone except me knows that. If this is the case, disregard my suggestions.

Eamo5

Recognized Developer
@Eamo5: Maybe it is unnecessary, but it would really help noobs like me (did not fiddle with these kind of things for a long time) to update the instructions for updating in the first post.
For example that you have to also flash Magisk after updating the ROM, otherwise one will result in a bootloop (I nearly wiped everything because I did not know that).
Also maybe it would also help mention that one can do the whole update process through the LOS Recovery (basically never just touch TWRP again after initial setup), previously I did not even know LOS had an own recovery and destroyed my system because I wanted to do everything with TWRP and it can not handle the encryption.
It could be that everyone except me knows that. If this is the case, disregard my suggestions.
1. Magisk shouldn't ever be able to cause a bootloop. The worst case scenario should be you boot unrooted with no magisk modules.

2. I try to accommodate to the majority of users which appear to be on taimen by a large margin according to lineage os stats. TWRP can decrypt on taimen whereas lineage recovery can't decrypt on both taimen and walleye but that's irrelevant. Being unable to decrypt shouldn't affect your ability to adb sideload a ROM, nor should it be able to 'destroy your system' as you claim. It simply means you can't flash a zip from your userdata. That's it.

For what it's worth, when lineage 18 is shipping for official devices, addon.d will restore gapps and magisk automatically when you update.

Last edited:

Axeleik

Jun 23, 2011
1. Magisk shouldn't ever be able to cause a bootloop. The worst case scenario should be you boot unrooted with no magisk modules.

2. I try to accommodate to the majority of users which appear to be on taimen by a large margin according to lineage os stats. TWRP can decrypt on taimen whereas lineage recovery can't decrypt on both taimen and walleye but that's irrelevant. Being unable to decrypt shouldn't affect your ability to adb sideload a ROM, nor should it be able to 'destroy your system' as you claim. It simply means you can't flash a zip from your userdata. That's it.

For what it's worth, when lineage 18 is shipping for official devices, addon.d will restore gapps and magisk automatically when you update.

Maybe I just did something wrong, but after I flashed the newest LOS update over my old LOS (and then flashed gapps), it was not progressing in the LOS boot screen until I force-rebooted, and flashed Magisk in LOS recovery. Maybe it was a coincidence, it would have booted without Magisk the second time, or maybe it was because of the kernel installled before that. I am not experienced enough to say that.

The last time I used TWRP and it asked me for the "encryption pin", I thought it was asking for the normal phone pin and entered it wrong, just to find the phone encrypted in TWRP and not being able to boot to system again (bootloop). As I said, maybe it had something to do with the kernel or other stuff, can't really tell. I was just reporting what I saw.

D!Ts2l

May 29, 2015
Lineage OS 18.1 (3/2/21)

• February ASB
  • February kernel security patches
  • Now Playing and Live Captions now work out of the box
  • Added support for bluetooth hearing aid devices
  • Added support for addon.d v3
  • Fixed spell check on AOSP keyboard
  • Bug fixes and improvements

Can someone please upload this to another server? I can't download it because Gdrive says quota exceeded.

Update: Nevermind. This limit only appears when you are not signed in to a Google account.

Last edited:

jupitercity

Feb 15, 2021
Thanks @Eamo5 and @Diaz1999! I finally got SafetyNet to pass and can use GPay again on my Walleye.

For people a little noobish like me, this is what I did:

1. Installed magisk by flashing zip through TWRP (following instruction in first post to get into TWRP)
2. After magisk was installed, inside magisk app installed the Universal SafetyNet Fix by kdrag0n (google it and download the zip from GitHub)
3. Connect USB to computer and do adb shell
4. Once in shell get root su (have your screen on as you'll need to confirm root access)
5. Mount using mount --remount / -w
6. Do the following
Bash:
cd /data/adb/service.d
touch cts.sh
chmod 755 cts.sh
nano cts.sh
7. Once in nano (editing the file) just copy and paste exactly
Bash:
#!/system/bin/sh
resetprop ro.build.version.security_patch 2020-10-05
8. Press ctrl+x it will say "Save modified buffer (ANSWERING "No" WILL DESTROY CHANGES) ?" hit the "Y" key to save
9. Close out your adb shell, unplug USB, reboot your phone.
10. Once rebooted, go into magisk app and "Check SafetyNet" it should now pass!

Reactions: 0LDST4R

0LDST4R

May 2, 2018
LE/Germany
Thanks @Eamo5 and @Diaz1999! I finally got SafetyNet to pass and can use GPay again on my Walleye.

For people a little noobish like me, this is what I did:

1. Installed magisk by flashing zip through TWRP (following instruction in first post to get into TWRP)
2. After magisk was installed, inside magisk app installed the Universal SafetyNet Fix by kdrag0n (google it and download the zip from GitHub)
3. Connect USB to computer and do adb shell
4. Once in shell get root su (have your screen on as you'll need to confirm root access)
5. Mount using mount --remount / -w
6. Do the following
Bash:
cd /data/adb/service.d
touch cts.sh
chmod 755 cts.sh
nano cts.sh
7. Once in nano (editing the file) just copy and paste exactly
Bash:
#!/system/bin/sh
resetprop ro.build.version.security_patch 2020-10-05
8. Press ctrl+x it will say "Save modified buffer (ANSWERING "No" WILL DESTROY CHANGES) ?" hit the "Y" key to save
9. Close out your adb shell, unplug USB, reboot your phone.
10. Once rebooted, go into magisk app and "Check SafetyNet" it should now pass!

Nice, but in "about phone" the date from Android security patches is wrong, it shows october 2020.

I did it in another way.

Installed Universal Safetynet Fix v2 and MagiskHide Props Config modules in Magisk. Set the fingerprint to our Pixel 2 Android 11 and can pass Safetynet check. Date of security patches from the Rom displayed correct. So i can do it without the script, tried it and worked too - no question. Maybe it's just a cosmetic thing, but such little things make me crazy. Love perfection. 😅😅😅

Screenshot_20210215-195055_Trebuchet.pngScreenshot_20210215-195023_Trebuchet.pngScreenshot_20210215-195004_Trebuchet.png

Thenazishkhan

May 3, 2017
Thane
Nice, but in "about phone" the date from Android security patches is wrong, it shows october 2020.

I did it in another way.

Installed Universal Safetynet Fix v2 and MagiskHide Props Config modules in Magisk. Set the fingerprint to our Pixel 2 Android 11 and can pass Safetynet check. Date of security patches from the Rom displayed correct. So i can do it without the script, tried it and worked too - no question. Maybe it's just a cosmetic thing, but such little things make me crazy. Love perfection. 😅😅😅

View attachment 5222825View attachment 5222827View attachment 5222829
Can you share the link for Universal Safetynet Fix v2?
The latest version by kdragon on github is v1.1.1 which does not work on LOS18.1
Though v1.1.0 works fine but it displays 05-Oct-20 as security patch date.

0LDST4R

May 2, 2018
LE/Germany
Can you share the link for Universal Safetynet Fix v2?
The latest version by kdragon on github is v1.1.1 which does not work on LOS18.1
Though v1.1.0 works fine but it displays 05-Oct-20 as security patch date.

Here you go...

friedsonjm

Oct 30, 2008
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I am at the point where I have wiped userdata and booted TWRP from my PC. I've having an issue getting the ROM and other files over to the phone, adv devices shows the phone, but pushing them to the phone with adb is not working, What are my choice?

EDIT: Never Mind. Realized I needed to push to /sdcard not sdcard/0/'

EDIT: And now, adb just hangs when I try to push the file...

Last edited:

0LDST4R

May 2, 2018
LE/Germany
I am at the point where I have wiped userdata and booted TWRP from my PC. I've having an issue getting the ROM and other files over to the phone, adv devices shows the phone, but pushing them to the phone with adb is not working, What are my choice?

EDIT: Never Mind. Realized I needed to push to /sdcard not sdcard/0/'

EDIT: And now, adb just hangs when I try to push the file...

Hint :

Don't use "push" command, use "sideload" instead. Copy Rom and GApps to your adb folder and rename it to rom.zip and gapps.zip, it's much faster and easier to type... I did so for the 1st time install...

Reactions: friedsonjm

friedsonjm

Oct 30, 2008
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hint :

Don't use "push" command, use "sideload" instead. Copy Rom and GApps to your adb folder and rename it to rom.zip and gapps.zip, it's much faster and easier to type... I did so for the 1st time install...
I actually finally figured out that, once again, it's the crappy USB port on the phone. Took off case, changed USB cable, and changed laptops... copyed over files after system boot. Yuck.

Reactions: 0LDST4R

friedsonjm

Oct 30, 2008
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Has anyone successfully installed TWRP to the phone? I found this... have not tried it yet. https://www.droidwin.com/permanently-install-twrp-without-zip-using-img/

EDIT: For some unknown reason, fastboot booting the TWRP 3.5. image is ending up requiring a password now, and neither the phone password nor 'default_password' works to decrypt. For now I'm doing an adb backup to my computer with adb backup -apk -shared -all

EDIT: So, my plan is, full adb backup, wipe userdata with fastboot which does away with encryption, install TWRP to the phone, restore adb backup to phone....

Last edited:

friedsonjm

Oct 30, 2008
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Has anyone successfully installed TWRP to the phone? I found this... have not tried it yet. https://www.droidwin.com/permanently-install-twrp-without-zip-using-img/

EDIT: For some unknown reason, fastboot booting the TWRP 3.5. image is ending up requiring a password now, and neither the phone password nor 'default_password' works to decrypt. For now I'm doing an adb backup to my computer with adb backup -apk -shared -all

EDIT: So, my plan is, full adb backup, wipe userdata with fastboot which does away with encryption, install TWRP to the phone, restore adb backup to phone....

OK, that seems to have worked, although I did get error messages when installing TWRP, and I still have to set my phone up as if it were new. I've rebooted to internal recovery once, and that worked, will try it again after restoring my apps, so I can make a TWRP backup. The error messages installing TWRP to internal looked like this:

1614266041803.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    yUIn6TF.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11.0, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working

• Active Edge
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Bluetooth
    • Wi-Fi
    • Camera
    • Video Recording
    • Video Playback
    • Audio ( Record and Playback )
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • Led

What's not working

• Feel free to report any issues you may encounter with relevant logs

Installation

1. Download the latest supported Lineage OS build, TWRP image and optionally the TWRP installer zip.
    2. Reboot to bootloader
    3. Wipe userdata for initial install (fastboot format userdata)
    4. Fastboot into TWRP recovery (fastboot boot twrp.img)
    5. Flash the latest build of Lineage OS
    6. Reboot to bootloader and fastboot TWRP again
    7. (Optional) Flash gapps of choice (MindTheGapps are recommended)
    8. Reboot to system and don't install the TWRP app
    9. (Optional) Flash custom kernel / TWRP / Magisk

A more detailed installation guide can be found on the wiki.

Updates

Simply repeat steps 4 - 7. You shouldn't need to flash factory images as all partitions (firmware, vendor etc.) are updated with the lineage zip.

Downloads

Credits

• razorloves
    • javelinanddart
    • RaymanFX
    • Sultanxda
    • LineageOS Team

Source

Feel free to join my Pixel 2 telegram group here.
    Lineage OS 18.1 (5/3/21)
    • March ASB
    • March kernel security patches
    • Fixed rare app not installed toast
    • Fixed crashes when installing without gapps
    • Revamped Lineage OS recorder app
    • Added Trebuchet icon pack support
    Official builds are now available for downloading. The migration process from my unofficial builds is as follows:

1. Download the latest version of Lineage OS and the lineage recovery image for your device from here.
    2. Reboot to bootloader
    3. Flash the recovery image to your boot partition (fastboot flash --slot all boot /path/to/recovery.img)
    4. Reboot into recovery
    5. Flash the official build of Lineage OS (adb sideload lineage.zip)
    6. If you have gapps installed, reboot to recovery again and ensure you flash gapps again before booting into Lineage OS
    7. Reboot your phone and enjoy!
    Or if you use TWRP you can just follow the normal updating steps and skip flashing the new recovery image.

If you are coming from a previous version of Lineage OS, please refer to the wiki.
    I've uploaded a slightly updated build to amend the missing live captions button when adjusting volume. Apologies for the inconvenience.
    Lineage OS 18.1 (8/1/21)

• January ASB
    • January / December kernel security patches
    • Bug fixes and improvements