[ROM] UNOFFICIAL LINEAGE OS 19 FOR SAMSUNG A50

Search This thread

otterwise

Sep 2, 2021
Overall I'm happier with Lineage than with OneUI, but sometimes when my battery is below ~50%, my phone starts crashing for no reason. It reboots, but after like 1 minute it crashes again and so on forever. This only stops if I manually power off the phone and then recharge it to 100%. Then I can boot again and use it without problem until I hit <50% again, at which point it sometimes decides to start the bootloop again.

Another issue, maybe related: When I start my phone, before I enter my SIM card unlock, there is a popup saying

"there is an internal problem with your device, and it might be unstable until you factory data reset"

There are no issues other than the random reboots though.

I installed Lineage with Magisk from TWRP

D

Deleted member 11130573

Hello (again)! I just want to thank you for this *amazing* ROM, far superior than all non-ONEUI/AOSP-based out there, it have stability, snappiness, smoothness, and that perfect FOD scanner that I keep searching for on non-AOSP roms.

DUDZ JAY

Mar 4, 2016
Cebu
man i wish i can install rom like that .. my a50 not showing oem unlock on developer mode ..i tried lots of method but no luck

Reactions: Gedino

Gedino

Feb 26, 2022
Dear Developer! Again I appeal to you with a request:) Can you "make" the firmware on android 10? Yes, you may think that it is outdated - but it is not, so I beg you to assemble the firmware on android 10. Thank you, please listen!

DerTopher

Mar 30, 2015
Great rom. But I found some bugs:
- some sounds are very low volume, e.g. keyboard while typing, messenger send sound, screen lock and unlock sound. As if the sound was coming from the speaker for calls?
- vibration does not work when typing on the keyboard
- the launcher crashes when you enter bluetooth settings in the system profiles
- dual SIM does not work
Anyone know how to fix this sound? He bothers me the most.

I'm thinking about buying this phone. However, I'm depending on dual sim working. Could you confirm, that this bug has been resolved? Also it was mentioned that there is now LineageOS 19 available. Where would I find the rom? Will LOS 19 support dual sim?

Thanks in Advance!

JuanTamqd21

I'm thinking about buying this phone. However, I'm depending on dual sim working. Could you confirm, that this bug has been resolved? Also it was mentioned that there is now LineageOS 19 available. Where would I find the rom? Will LOS 19 support dual sim?

Thanks in Advance!
Support for lineage OS 18.1 is dropped and developers now focus on Android 12 and A50 source code.

join our telegram group(which you can find in the main post under testing group) for more news about the development for A50.

HtHNightwolf

Oct 3, 2015
Support for lineage OS 18.1 is dropped and developers now focus on Android 12 and A50 source code.

join our telegram group(which you can find in the main post under testing group) for more news about the development for A50.
Okay but isn't it that in 18.1 the fingerprint works and in 19 it does not?
I could not get it to work in light or dark mode.

Plus OpenGapps for 'OK Google' anytime is still missing. Any tips for these two or should we rather stay on 18.1 for the time being?

Is CTS Profile fine in 19?

JuanTamqd21

Okay but isn't it that in 18.1 the fingerprint works and in 19 it does not?
I could not get it to work in light or dark mode.

Plus OpenGapps for 'OK Google' anytime is still missing. Any tips for these two or should we rather stay on 18.1 for the time being?

Is CTS Profile fine in 19?
1. FP fix is still in the works for LOS 19. FP works in 18.1 but you need to be in dark mode to enroll it.

2. If possible, use other gapps if you want that feature. I really don't know that much about ok google.

3. CTS profile can be easily passed. just search on the google.

gSingh05

Sep 13, 2016
Calling and Messaging not Working. Getting error: "Network Busy"
Can't get any OTP, send any message or call anyone. So can't use telegram also.

Edit: It was due to Jio. Worrking now with other services

Last edited:

New_Bee1

May 15, 2022

plz give me solution. It doesn;t wake up with power button after locking. When i press power button to unlock it doesn't wake up. i need to press volume buttons and power button multiple time to take a forcefully screenshot and wake up screen. Except that i'm loving it, every feature i personally use works fine <3

JuanTamqd21

plz give me solution. It doesn;t wake up with power button after locking. When i press power button to unlock it doesn't wake up. i need to press volume buttons and power button multiple time to take a forcefully screenshot and wake up screen. Except that i'm loving it, every feature i personally use works fine <3
what build are you using? can you send a screenshot of it or the filename of the zip

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lineage0.png

LineageOS 18.1 for Samsung Galaxy A50
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Instructions :
    • Join Official Telegram group (https://t.me/joinchat/oFjB-C155kYyZjk1)
    • Download the latest build and patched boot.img(if you want magisk)
    • Reboot to twrp
    • (optional) backup boot,dtbo,system,data,vendor image
    • format data
    • wipe system,data,cache
    • flash the latest build
    • flash gapps
    • reboot to system

Bugs:
    -None 😍😍😍😍

Links for pre-requisites:

XDA DevDB Information
    [ROM] LineageOS 18.1 for GalaxyA50

Contributors

@Rvvishalcr7 (Telegram)
    @santhoosh
    And the whole testing group

Special Thanks to the Following Developers From Samsung Community:
    @neel0210
    @TenSeventy7
    @hgunduz295

Source Code: https://github.com/rvvishal/device_samsung
    Kernel Source.
    ROM OS Version: 11

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2021-08-07
    Last Updated 2022-01-16

F.A.Q
    Q: What bootloader does this need?
    A: It is strongly advised to install the One UI 3.1 update before installing for the most stable experience.

Q: Do I need to flash anything after installing Lineage?
    A: Optional packages, such as Gapps and custom kernels can be flashed after flashing Lineage OS.

Q: Does this feature work?
    A: Try try try

Q: I'm experiencing bug on my device.
    A: Please join our Telegram group so that we can assist you much faster than in XDA. Please include logs, screenshots, or screen recordings so that we can help you better.

LINEAGE OS 19 FOR A50 is now available to telegram group.
    Dear Developer! Again I appeal to you with a request:) Can you "make" the firmware on android 10? Yes, you may think that it is outdated - but it is not, so I beg you to assemble the firmware on android 10. Thank you, please listen!
    UPDATE #1: New beta build is up and beta testers are now testing it. Hope that there is much less bugs than older builds.
    UPDATE#2: New beta build is up again and now it has partial fp support
    Test now the newest build which you can download from the telegram group