[ROM][UNOFFICIAL]LineageOS-14.1 for deb/flo | Android 7.1.2 Nougat [FEB 2024]

Search This thread

M4Master96

WIth the lineage-14.1-20210512-UNOFFICIAL-deb.zip my device does NOT BOOT! I made a clean flash on my flox using twrp, resized the system and it stucked in the boot animation. Then i've done the same for the 18.1 LOS and it was qickly in the startup screen.

Give it a read:

chahit93

May 8, 2014
Hey, I was on April 2021 Build on Nexus-7 Wifi model. I got stuck on lock screen yesterday (tried swiping up the lock screen) and suddenly device restarted but it is stuck on boot loop (just showing Google On screen with unlocked bootloader icon), I am unable to go to recovery mode or fastboot mode either. If you could help.

TomHL

Jun 22, 2011
WIth the lineage-14.1-20210512-UNOFFICIAL-deb.zip my device does NOT BOOT! I made a clean flash on my flox using twrp, resized the system and it stucked in the boot animation. Then i've done the same for the 18.1 LOS and it was qickly in the startup screen.
Similar problem here. Was on flox with Lineage 18.1. Tried flashing with TWRP 3.4.0-0 but was stopped by "updater process ended with error: 7". Flashed again with TWRP 3.5.2_9-0. It went through but I get a google splash screen loop.
It finally worked after returning to stock partition with the repartition zip and flashed again with TWRP 3.4.0-0.

blatny93

May 8, 2011
Thanks mate, you don't get enough acknowledgement! I would go the 18.1 route but I don't think this machine is designed for that. 2013 - who remembers then? Curiously, I buggered it by trying a vol mod - my doh! - and I tried to get a replacement but amazon sent me a Nokia n8 , not the n7! Anyway I'm used to it. Once again thanks! You're fantastic!

Reactions: M4Master96

blatny93

May 8, 2011
The vol works - of course casting and earphones - but the speakers are mushy - anyone know a way of replacing them? I doubt it.

blatny93

May 8, 2011
And, of course, I'm thinking of updating - chrome is or Samsung or xiaomi pad? I hate going the cheep root but what can you do? Although its all stolen IP but what can you do? Be rich!

blatny93

May 8, 2011
Expensive - but not as expensive as I think it would be - I'd to save up, yes - but coming from the early days of symbian modding - yes, that old - I dread the idea of a 'closed garden' - or, worse modding it and being locked out - a very expensive blank screen! And I wouldn't be helped wanting to mod it! I'm incorrigible. Ever since the zx80 I needed to understand how things work. If that meant tearing them apart and putting them back together again (not exactly how the manufacturer intended, by no means!) then very well. But abuse any animals during this not whatever. Nor take the wing of a dragonfly! I remember watching and being fascinated by an ant colony. I thought (7!) what was I but meaningless like them? Obeisant to a Queen who exudes some kind of madness which destroys your critical faculties? You jump over the cliff for her yet you know it's wrong.

TamD

Mar 25, 2017
Expensive - but not as expensive as I think it would be - I'd to save up, yes - but coming from the early days of symbian modding - yes, that old - I dread the idea of a 'closed garden' - or, worse modding it and being locked out - a very expensive blank screen! And I wouldn't be helped wanting to mod it! I'm incorrigible. Ever since the zx80 I needed to understand how things work. If that meant tearing them apart and putting them back together again (not exactly how the manufacturer intended, by no means!) then very well. But abuse any animals during this not whatever. Nor take the wing of a dragonfly! I remember watching and being fascinated by an ant colony. I thought (7!) what was I but meaningless like them? Obeisant to a Queen who exudes some kind of madness which destroys your critical faculties? You jump over the cliff for her yet you know it's wrong.
Hi Blatny93,
I am still happily using the unofficial builds 14.1, but my needs are few. I don't know if you are still looking for a replacement, but I thought that this thread might interest you:
You can also find the N7 on ebay for fairly cheaply. I ended up replacing my 16gb N7 with 32gb N7 when I found one for $20 in good shape.
Best of luck. :)

alSee

Oct 18, 2007
Moscow
OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren

M4Master96

Flashed on device with 'flox' partition scheme - bootloop. Repartitioned to stock scheme and flashed again via TWRP 3.5.2_9-0 - bootloop again. What black magic do I need to make this firmware working?

Go through the messages in the thread maybe ?

Many people already faced similar issue when coming from A9/10. You need stock partitions with stock twrp (not custom)

Example: https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-unoffic...1-2-nougat-october-2021.4217067/post-85650419

I will suggest you flash Google ROM (Using fastboot or automated scripts), unlock bootloader and flash twrp from the OFFICIAL TWRP WEBSITE

Reactions: EVOLw

M4Master96

March 2022 Security Patches

NOTE: The build includes all security patches from October 21 till March 22. As Lineage and Google has officially discontinued 7.1.2, the patches being submitted by people who still want to continue with LOS14.1, LOS team is okay with submitting patches but they wont merge it, nor they are going to upgrade the Path level string and so, for this build, the Patch will be set to last official LOS 14.1 build i.e. July 2021 (mostly). I too forgot to update the string but don't worry, I have merged all security patches from October 2021 (my last build) till March 2022.

TL;DR: All Security Patches till March 2022 are present even if the security string shows older date. Will fix patch string in next build.

Updated links in first post

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A fun midweek adventure...

For some reason I wanted to see if I could (finally) let go of Xposed - the biggest hurdle being replacing the functionality of GravityBox [N]...

It turns out most of the features I was using were already in LOS, supplemented by a couple of apps (Lock Screen Protector and RAM Monitor - Floating Widget)

However, I wanted to use the System Profiles to replace the trusted Wi-Fi networks in GravityBox but Settings kept force closing when trying to open the Security settings (to enable the right Trust agent, that was all I needed to do!) - maybe I should have saved the logcat but it didn't make sense to me - in the end I had to wipe /data/ and start again 😢 (I also tried flashing an older version of this ROM before coming back to Feb 2024)

Good points
    - It seems there is more free RAM now?
    - Idle drain is apparently lower (0.1%/h compared to 0.2-0.3)

Annoyances
    - I just could not reinstall V4A - I had to copy the individual folders (for V4A/AML/ACP) from the backup of /data/adb/ I had made just before wiping /data/ - I probably spent the most time on this step even though I almost never plug headphones into this thing 😖
    - I could not restore the Kindle app and its data with TiBu, so it is considered a new device 😒

I'm not even sure why I'm posting this to be honest, to share my pain perhaps 😅

But thanks again for this ROM. I don't really want to move on from Nougat :ROFLMAO:
    OShAoVv.png

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

What's working :

Everything that worked in last OFFICIAL build.
    There are NO MODIFICATIONS at all. If something didn't work in the last official LineageOS release, it wont work in this build.

Instructions :
    • Download build and copy it to Internal Memory
    • Reboot to TWRP recovery
    • Create TWRP Backup (Recommended)
    • Flash the latest build (Clean Flash if coming from any other build)
    • Flash Magisk/LineageSU zip (Optional)
    • Flash GApps/MicroG (Optional)
    • Reboot

Downloads :

Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

Proprietary Files: TheMuppets

Kernel Source: Here

ROM OS Version: 7.1.2 Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.0
    Security Patch: Feb 2024

Created 2021-01-12
    Last Updated 2024-02-10
    March 2022 Security Patches

NOTE: The build includes all security patches from October 21 till March 22. As Lineage and Google has officially discontinued 7.1.2, the patches being submitted by people who still want to continue with LOS14.1, LOS team is okay with submitting patches but they wont merge it, nor they are going to upgrade the Path level string and so, for this build, the Patch will be set to last official LOS 14.1 build i.e. July 2021 (mostly). I too forgot to update the string but don't worry, I have merged all security patches from October 2021 (my last build) till March 2022.

TL;DR: All Security Patches till March 2022 are present even if the security string shows older date. Will fix patch string in next build.

Updated links in first post