[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1 for Lenovo Tab 3 8/TB3-850F

Search This thread

eerozeteen

Jun 22, 2009
Hi,

I tried install Lineage14.1 from this topic. Everything was ok, until i didnt make "factory reset" from Android. After it, my tablet restart every time into twrp... When i try install rom again, its still reboot to recovery... how i can fix it? What i do wrong?
EDIT
I recovery my tablet via spflashtool. I will try again after all OTA updates....

This build (from first post) is the most actual alternative rom for 850F ?

Last edited:

remrendes

Jul 11, 2016
I just installed the image and a boot screen says Welcome to your Lenovo TB3-850M, but a thread says TB3-850F.
Then I can not set up as a new or copy a data from any other device or cloud, because a setup wizzard has stopped.
What can I do now?
I tried to reisntall with a twrp-3.3.1-1-TB-850F.img. First time I tried with an older version, but nothing changes.

Last edited:

pndwal

I just installed the image and a boot screen says Welcome to your Lenovo TB3-850M, but a thread says TB3-850F.
Then I can not set up as a new or copy a data from any other device or cloud, because a setup wizzard has stopped.
What can I do now?
See this from OP:
Also, on first boot, select your language then choose SKIP on the Insert SIM Card screen. You will then be prompted to set up your device as new or copy data from another device as part of setup. At this stage, if the Setup Wizard force closes, swipe down from the top of the screen to access Quick Settings and go ahead and connect to a WLAN/WiFi network. Now, go back to the previous screen and Setup Wizard should function normally and allow you to proceed with setup of your device. I am presently working on removing SIM/Mobile Network settings on this device...
PW

MightyFalcon

Jul 11, 2010
I kind of feel bad for bringing this old thread back, but wanted to ask if any further work has been done with this project? I am kind of curious if the SIM settings were ever removed but the version was never uploaded, also would thoroughly enjoy a release with no gApps so I can use MicroG instead. This old tablet still gets plenty of mileage and this project was truly a work of art in terms of keeping me from handing this tablet down.

Thanks for the great work guys!

Cyphos84

Apr 3, 2021
Thank you so much! Now i need to TRWP my tablet :)

PD: Would be great a release with no gApps, to use MicroG instead too.

BlindMan2020

Jul 27, 2020
Sorry to bump the thread as I am wondering is there any sort of custom rom available for lenovo yoga tab 3 8 yt3-850m as I know I'm in the wrong thread as I already searched all over the internet and there's nothing available only root/unroot/twrp options that is found

Crisdax

Jun 15, 2021
LineageOS 14.1 Port ROM
Lenovo Tab 3 8"/TB3-850F

•WARNING:
You are installing this custom Android ROM at your own discretion and risk. If you are unclear on anything, please stop and do some research before proceeding further. This is not a Q & A thread, so please post comments on topic with subject matter relating directly to this ROM. I will not be held responsible for devices which become bricked or damaged as a result of installing this ROM. You are encouraged to read and re-read the OP prior to installing this ROM on your device. Please visit this thread for now to make general inquiries about this ROM or about any other questions or issues you may have regarding the 850F. Either myself or XDA Senior Member @pndwal, who is very knowledgeable about this device and Android in general, will try to address your questions. https://xdaforums.com/android/general/guide-lenovo-tab3-8-tb3-850f-t3559786 User input and feedback are essential in making improvements, fixing bugs, and in helping development for this device to continue to evolve.
Any skilled devs interested in contributing in any way to development for the 860F, please use the above thread to contact @pndwal and coordinate with him in that area.

I am not a developer, nor did I contribute to the porting of this LineageOS 14.1 custom ROM for the TB3-850F. I merely packaged up the files, added GApps Pico, made a few minor tweaks, and created a TWRP flashable zip installer for this ROM. Please do not request updates or make ETA type inquiries on this thread. Whether or not this ROM will be maintained is still up in the air. Please give any and all credit to the individuals I have listed below under Mentions & Credits.

LineageOS 14.1 is a free, aftermarket distribution of Android 7.1.2 Nougat, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many individuals within the Android community. Although this particular LineageOS build does have GApps Pico preinstalled, it can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. LineageOS does still include various hardware specific code, which is nonetheless slowly being open-sourced anyway.

SOURCES:
LineageOS Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

Kernel Source Code: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds112711

LineageOS Gerrit Code Review: https://review.lineageos.org/q/status:open

FEATURES & SPECS:
•LineageOS Version: 14.1
•Android Base Version: 7.1.2_r8 Nougat
•Build ID: N2G470
•SDK Version: 25
•Build Date: May 15, 2017
•Security Patch Level: May 5, 2017
•Kernel Version: 3.18.19 (mods by @wezroot2k)
•LineageOS API Level: Guava (7)
•GApps Pico Pre-installed
•Insecure Boot Image Support
•Force Encryption Disabled (Opt-Encrypt)
•AVB/dm-verity Disabled
•Fully Deodexed
•Fully Zip-aligned
•User Opt Root or Non-Root

WORKING:
•Booting
•WiFi
•Bluetooth
•Graphics/Video Playback
•Audio
•GPS/Location Services
•GApps
•Magisk Universal Systemless Interface

BUGS:
I am presently working on Settings UI to omit the mobile networks/telephony entries. These are present because this ROM was originally a smartphone port. Otherwise, please feel free to submit a proper bug report or, at a minimum, a clear description of the bug or instability, including screenshots if possible.
A bug has been reported for apps that require superuser permissions (Greenify, root file managers, etc), and I have determined that installing the latest Magisk systemless root will alleviate that bug.
Upon initial boot, during setup, you may experience an issue with Setup Wizard force closing. I have posted a quick workaround for this below under the Installation Instructions heading.

REQUIREMENTS:
You need an unlocked bootloader and TWRP custom recovery installed. If you need help with either of these topics, please visit this thread for guidance: https://xdaforums.com/android/general/guide-lenovo-tab3-8-tb3-850f-t3559786

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Download the ROM zip from the below download link and save it to your device storage...
2. Boot your device into TWRP recovery mode...
3. Limpiar datos, caché y Dalvik / ART (mi instalador formatea automáticamente la partición / system) ...
4. Seleccione Instalar, navegue hasta la ubicación guardada del zip ROM, selecciónelo y deslice la barra de acción para comenzar la instalación ...
5. Reinicie el sistema (la instalación tardará unos tres minutos).

* Debido a que esta ROM está completamente desodexada, el primer arranque puede tardar varios minutos en completarse mientras se escriben los directorios Dalvik / ART por primera vez. El segundo y los siguientes tiempos de arranque serán mucho más rápidos. Además, en el primer arranque, seleccione su idioma y luego elija SALTAR en la pantalla Insertar tarjeta SIM. A continuación, se le pedirá que configure su dispositivo como nuevo o copie los datos de otro dispositivo como parte de la configuración. En esta etapa, si el Asistente de configuración se cierra a la fuerza, deslice el dedo hacia abajo desde la parte superior de la pantalla para acceder a la Configuración rápida y continúe y conéctese a una red WLAN / WiFi. Ahora, regrese a la pantalla anterior y el Asistente de configuración debería funcionar normalmente y le permitirá continuar con la configuración de su dispositivo. Actualmente estoy trabajando para eliminar la configuración de la red SIM / móvil en este dispositivo, así que espero que esto se solucione pronto,

** Como se mencionó anteriormente, esta ROM está empaquetada con GApps Pico, que proporciona lo mínimo para la funcionalidad de Google Play. Si desea un paquete GApps que no sea el preinstalado, visite https://opengapps.org/, elija ARM64, Android 7.1 y seleccione su paquete preferido. Simplemente instale el paquete GApps después del paso 4 anterior. Si desea root, visite el hilo oficial de lanzamiento y anuncio de Magisk aquí https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445, y descargue la última aplicación de Magisk Manager. Instale el apk, vaya a Opciones de desarrollador y habilite Aplicaciones y ADB en el menú de opciones de raíz. Abra Magisk Manager, seleccione Instalar, elija la opción de instalación directa y la raíz sin sistema se instalará a través de la imagen de arranque parcheada. El reinicio y la raíz sin sistema deben estar correctamente instalados y ser estables. Asegúrate de presionar el botón Gracias en el hilo de [MENTION = 4470081] topjohnwu [/ MENTION] si usas Magisk.

MENCIONES Y CRÉDITOS:
Este puerto fue posible gracias a varias personas tanto aquí en XDA como en el extranjero:
- El crédito va al miembro de 4PDA (sitio de desarrollo ruso) chipa76 por el puerto TB3-850M original, y al miembro de 4PDA al_rus por sus contribuciones y por publicar ese puerto.
- El crédito y las gracias por el gran avance para los usuarios de TB3-850F deben dirigirse al miembro de XDA [MENTION = 8548258] wezroot2k [/ MENTION] quien, después de que otros lo intentaron durante muchos meses, finalmente pudo estabilizar esta ROM para nuestro dispositivo al volver a compilar la imagen de arranque portado con el kernel estándar TB3-850F. Además, ha trabajado en ajustes para optimizar la ROM para TB3-850F.
- El OP, [MENCIÓN = 9720847] AeonFlux1603 [/ MENCIÓN] ha realizado el paquete TWRP de ROM flash, así como algunos ajustes para optimizar la ROM para TB3-850F, que continuará trabajando en algunas mejoras adicionales, como de repuesto el tiempo lo permitirá
- Gracias al miembro senior de XDA [MENTION = 7550078] pndwal [/ MENTION] por su dedicación a este dispositivo y por transmitir las sugerencias de los desarrolladores de 4PDA con respecto al método adoptado para estabilizar la ROM para TB3-850F.
- Por último, pero no menos importante, gracias y el crédito es para todo el equipo de desarrollo de LineageOS por hacer posible esta distribución personalizada de Android en el mercado secundario para dispositivos insignia, de grado medio y de grado bajo por igual.

ENLACE DE DESCARGA:
LineageOS 14.1 para TB3-850F: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bbpwyvP_S4k1PJaLa6RN3dFDF8UYEcNj/view
NO WORK THIS ROM MY TWRP say : THIS THIS ZIP FILE IS CORRUPT

Viva La Android R.I.P.

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 31, 2019
Northeastern Tennessee
LG G Pad 8.3
Moto G
I have been searching extensively and I wanted to ask here, would any of you all happen to have a link or source to the LineageOS 16.0 (Android 9 Go Edition) ROM for the TB3-850F? I originally found the ROM on a Telegram group and it worked flawlessly. Very lightweight yet snappy. After flashing back to stock, my micro SD later ended up becoming corrupt; I lost both this ROM (LOS 14.1) and the LOS 16.0 ROM. I was able to find a link for this ROM but not the latter. Does anybody have any input on this? Thanks.

Viva La Android R.I.P.

Jul 31, 2019
Northeastern Tennessee
LG G Pad 8.3
Moto G
I kind of feel bad for bringing this old thread back, but wanted to ask if any further work has been done with this project? I am kind of curious if the SIM settings were ever removed but the version was never uploaded, also would thoroughly enjoy a release with no gApps so I can use MicroG instead. This old tablet still gets plenty of mileage and this project was truly a work of art in terms of keeping me from handing this tablet down.

Thanks for the great work guys!
Not sure if you are still interested, but I am currently in the process of continuing this project. I have been unable to make contact with the OP despite many efforts. Accordingly, I am taking it upon myself to pick up and maintain this ROM to a limited degree. I do want to hash out the WiFi-only settings and dispense with telephony and SIM- related device settings. I will also strip the ROM of all GApps and bring the security patch level more up to date. The libs need updating as well as some of the system-level services. I will post updates to my progress here, but I am considering a new thread. I am also trying to locate an Android 9 Go Edition ROM (LOS 16.0 Go Ed.)for this device that I once had but have since lost. I would love to maintain that ROM as well.

Reactions: Crisdax and pndwal

pndwal

Not sure if you are still interested, but I am currently in the process of continuing this project. I have been unable to make contact with the OP despite many efforts. Accordingly, I am taking it upon myself to pick up and maintain this ROM to a limited degree. I do want to hash out the WiFi-only settings and dispense with telephony and SIM- related device settings. I will also strip the ROM of all GApps and bring the security patch level more up to date. The libs need updating as well as some of the system-level services. I will post updates to my progress here, but I am considering a new thread. I am also trying to locate an Android 9 Go Edition ROM (LOS 16.0 Go Ed.)for this device that I once had but have since lost. I would love to maintain that ROM as well.
Many thanks in advance!!!

I never heard about anything later than 14.1 for this, so I'd be very interested in that too... PW

Viva La Android R.I.P.

Jul 31, 2019
Northeastern Tennessee
LG G Pad 8.3
Moto G
Many thanks in advance!!!

I never heard about anything later than 14.1 for this, so I'd be very interested in that too... PW
It's really lightweight and basic (includes the standard Google Go Edition apps), and not many customization features, but what it lacks in luster it makes up for in performance. Really responsive and fluid. I've ran myself crazy trying to find a copy of it. The Telegram group where it originated, hosted by a former Tab3 8 OP here on XDA, is no longer active. I've reached out to some of the guys at Android Central, Telegram, Discord and 4PDA, to see if they might have a copy. Basic as it is, it's something I'd love to expound upon and maintain. It's perfect for the limited hardware capabilities of the Tab3 8. I would have thought for sure somebody here on XDA would have it.

Viva La Android R.I.P.

Jul 31, 2019
Northeastern Tennessee
LG G Pad 8.3
Moto G
Yup... I just checked briefly on 4pda... So far no go. 🙃
It'll come to light. Somebody has it. I specifically recall having trouble installing it on the TB3-850F, because it was originally ported for the 850M model. So some code needed altered in the updater-script file to make the installer work on the 850F. I was wondering also, would any of you guys know how to contact the OP of this ROM thread? I am currently doing some work on the LOS 14.1 ROM and I'm interested in maintaining it on a limited basis. I've sent PMs and emails but nothing.

Reactions: pndwal

pndwal

... I was wondering also, would any of you guys know how to contact the OP of this ROM thread? I am currently doing some work on the LOS 14.1 ROM and I'm interested in maintaining it on a limited basis. I've sent PMs and emails but nothing.
Sorry, no and doesn't look promising:
"Joined Feb 2, 2019
Last seen Sep 10, 2019" PW

Viva La Android R.I.P.

Jul 31, 2019
Northeastern Tennessee
LG G Pad 8.3
Moto G
Sorry, no and doesn't look promising:
"Joined Feb 2, 2019
Last seen Sep 10, 2019" PW
Yeah I had noticed that on his profile. Oh well, it's all open-source work. I'll take the base files and rebuild the ROM. I've actually already started. I think the best avenue might be to begin another thread for a LOS 14.1 ROM. It'll be an entirely different build when I'm done and with no GApps. I'll post a recommended GApps package, but will leave installation at the prerogative of the user. Also, I think a rooted and non-rooted build shouid be listed, with the rooted build having insecure boot image support and adb shell as root (adbd). I'm all ears for input here guys. I got one of these tablets a year or so ago and I love it for tinkering. I am no expert dev but I love to tinker around on custom ROMs, kernels, recoveries and such.

Last edited:
Reactions: pndwal

pndwal

... It'll be an entirely different build when I'm done and with no GApps. I'll post a recommended GApps package, but will leave installation at the prerogative of the user.
I respect such ROM devs who respect Google's directive and concession (that originally saved CM) that proprietary GApps should be loaded separately by end user (with licensed device) and not distributed with any ROM.
Also, I think a rooted and non-rooted build shouid be listed, with the rooted build having insecure boot image support and adb shell as root (adbd).
I'm not sure if there's any benefit from pre-rooted builds. They often cause difficulty / issues updating Magisk / ROM (see Magisk Discussion thread) especially when unpatched boot image is not available, and because John didn't design Magisk to be part of system.

It'll be very happy to see / interested in any development you produce! Many thanks in advance. 👍 PW

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS 14.1 Port ROM
    Lenovo Tab 3 8"/TB3-850F

•WARNING:
    You are installing this custom Android ROM at your own discretion and risk. If you are unclear on anything, please stop and do some research before proceeding further. This is not a Q & A thread, so please post comments on topic with subject matter relating directly to this ROM. I will not be held responsible for devices which become bricked or damaged as a result of installing this ROM. You are encouraged to read and re-read the OP prior to installing this ROM on your device. Please visit this thread for now to make general inquiries about this ROM or about any other questions or issues you may have regarding the 850F. Either myself or XDA Senior Member @pndwal, who is very knowledgeable about this device and Android in general, will try to address your questions. https://xdaforums.com/android/general/guide-lenovo-tab3-8-tb3-850f-t3559786 User input and feedback are essential in making improvements, fixing bugs, and in helping development for this device to continue to evolve.
    Any skilled devs interested in contributing in any way to development for the 860F, please use the above thread to contact @pndwal and coordinate with him in that area.

I am not a developer, nor did I contribute to the porting of this LineageOS 14.1 custom ROM for the TB3-850F. I merely packaged up the files, added GApps Pico, made a few minor tweaks, and created a TWRP flashable zip installer for this ROM. Please do not request updates or make ETA type inquiries on this thread. Whether or not this ROM will be maintained is still up in the air. Please give any and all credit to the individuals I have listed below under Mentions & Credits.

LineageOS 14.1 is a free, aftermarket distribution of Android 7.1.2 Nougat, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many individuals within the Android community. Although this particular LineageOS build does have GApps Pico preinstalled, it can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. LineageOS does still include various hardware specific code, which is nonetheless slowly being open-sourced anyway.

SOURCES:
    LineageOS Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

Kernel Source Code: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds112711

LineageOS Gerrit Code Review: https://review.lineageos.org/q/status:open

FEATURES & SPECS:
    •LineageOS Version: 14.1
    •Android Base Version: 7.1.2_r8 Nougat
    •Build ID: N2G470
    •SDK Version: 25
    •Build Date: May 15, 2017
    •Security Patch Level: May 5, 2017
    •Kernel Version: 3.18.19 (mods by @wezroot2k)
    •LineageOS API Level: Guava (7)
    •GApps Pico Pre-installed
    •Insecure Boot Image Support
    •Force Encryption Disabled (Opt-Encrypt)
    •AVB/dm-verity Disabled
    •Fully Deodexed
    •Fully Zip-aligned
    •User Opt Root or Non-Root

WORKING:
    •Booting
    •WiFi
    •Bluetooth
    •Graphics/Video Playback
    •Audio
    •GPS/Location Services
    •GApps
    •Magisk Universal Systemless Interface

BUGS:
    I am presently working on Settings UI to omit the mobile networks/telephony entries. These are present because this ROM was originally a smartphone port. Otherwise, please feel free to submit a proper bug report or, at a minimum, a clear description of the bug or instability, including screenshots if possible.
    A bug has been reported for apps that require superuser permissions (Greenify, root file managers, etc), and I have determined that installing the latest Magisk systemless root will alleviate that bug.
    Upon initial boot, during setup, you may experience an issue with Setup Wizard force closing. I have posted a quick workaround for this below under the Installation Instructions heading.

REQUIREMENTS:
    You need an unlocked bootloader and TWRP custom recovery installed. If you need help with either of these topics, please visit this thread for guidance: https://xdaforums.com/android/general/guide-lenovo-tab3-8-tb3-850f-t3559786

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
    1. Download the ROM zip from the below download link and save it to your device storage...
    2. Boot your device into TWRP recovery mode...
    3. Wipe Data, Cache & Dalvik/ART (my installer automatically formats the /system partition)...
    4. Select Install, navigate to saved location of the ROM zip, select it and swipe the action bar to begin installation...
    5. Reboot system (installation will take around three minutes).

*Because this ROM is fully deodexed, first boot can take several minutes to complete while the Dalvik/ART directories are being written for the first time. The second and subsequent boot times will be much faster. Also, on first boot, select your language then choose SKIP on the Insert SIM Card screen. You will then be prompted to set up your device as new or copy data from another device as part of setup. At this stage, if the Setup Wizard force closes, swipe down from the top of the screen to access Quick Settings and go ahead and connect to a WLAN/WiFi network. Now, go back to the previous screen and Setup Wizard should function normally and allow you to proceed with setup of your device. I am presently working on removing SIM/Mobile Network settings on this device, so hopefully this will be fixed soon, and a true WiFi-only tablet port will be yielded.

**As mentioned supra, this ROM is packaged with GApps Pico, which provides the bare bones minimum for Google Play functionality. If you want a GApps package other than the one preinstalled, visit https://opengapps.org/, choose ARM64, Android 7.1, and select your preferred package. Simply install the GApps package after Step 4 above. If you want root, visit the official Magisk release & announcement thread here https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445, and download the latest Magisk Manager apk. Install the apk, go to Developer Options and enable Apps & ADB in the root options menu. Open Magisk Manager, select Install, pick the direct install option, and systemless root will be installed via patched boot image. Reboot and systemless root should be properly installed & stable. Be sure and hit the Thanks button on @topjohnwu's thread if you use Magisk.

MENTIONS & CREDITS:
    This port was made possible by a number of individuals both here at XDA and abroad:
    - Credit goes to 4PDA (Russian Development site) member chipa76 for the original TB3-850M port, and to 4PDA member al_rus for his contributions to, and for posting that port.
    - Credit and thanks for the breakthrough moment for TB3-850F users must go to XDA member @wezroot2k who, after others tried for many months, was finally able to stabilise this ROM for our device by recompiling the ported boot image with TB3-850F stock kernel. Also, he has worked on tweaks to streamline the ROM for TB3-850F.
    - TWRP flashable ROM package as well as some tweaks to streamline the ROM for TB3-850F have been made by the OP, @AeonFlux1603, who will continue to work on a few further improvements, insomuch as spare time will allow
    - Thanks to XDA Senior Member @pndwal for his dedication to this device and for passing on suggestions from the 4PDA Devs regarding the adopted method of stabilising ROM for TB3-850F.
    - Last but not least, thanks and credit goes to the entire LineageOS Dev Team for making this custom aftermarket distribution of Android possible for low-grade, mid-grade & flagship devices alike.

DOWNLOAD LINK:
    LineageOS 14.1 for TB3-850F: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bbpwyvP_S4k1PJaLa6RN3dFDF8UYEcNj/view
    Update on the Settings UI. I now realize that my issues were due to my failure to properly encode my edits of the relevant .XML files with UTF-8 encoding prior to repackaging. As I may have mentioned previously, I am interested in bringing this port up to date with the latest upstream sources. So my next build release will hopefully include current LOS sources and have the Settings UI ironed out. While progress is not nearly as quick as I'd like, I am working on it.
    App could've timed out. Similar to chrome. I copy/select all before confirming just incase (with pretty much every hefty message I write)
    I've found even if it times out, or can't connect when sending, things are generally handled properly by Labs app, a message appears that 'send failed', and text is all still there allowing further attempts.

However, the space-substituted-for-*-symbol problem (when copying and pasting) will truncate the post and successful send in one operation. This means a large portion of text is often lost and irretrievable. (Also, the * symbol still shows as a space while editing, so one doesn't realise that the space has been substituted until its too late.)

Great advice to copy all before sending. PW

---------- Post added at 06:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 AM ----------

@wezroot2k, @AeonFlux1603

TB3-850F users are privileged, blessed, ecstatic, proud, happy and very thankful to have two budding (though clearly possessed of valuable experience and practical knowledge) developers on board the Good Ship TB3-850F, and its been a long time coming!

Thank you both especially for Stable and Virtually Bug Free Port to LOS14.1 for TB3-850F, as well as for other valuable resources we are gaining - including this new thread for our brand new Lineage Operating System!

Your sincere expressions of thanks / praise for helpful posts are also much appreciated.

Just a small heads-up (and sorry to spell it out) - Please don't neglect the 'thanks' (thumb up) button when a post is useful, or a sincere attempt to help is made. This is kind of the expected / default expression of thanks around here, and is possibly the most sincere form of flattery as it also elevates a members XDA profile. It's a simple and immediate way to say 'thanks', and often makes further comment unnecessary. (Incidentally, thanked posts are indexed, and are often perused for helpful information.)

Many thanks, and loving your work! PW :good::good::good::good::good:
    I still saw some mention about bugs, but I'm not understand what they are because of Google translate. Besides, Can I flash this on 850M? I don't have intention of using any SIM-related service.
    Yes, I read about LOS14.1 TB3-850M bugs on 4pda too, but I think most are gone in ver. 3. I was just wondering what bugs you have found remaining with latest build on 850M.

Not a good idea to flash on 850M as kernel is different, which is why we had bootloops and instability before we got boot.img for 850F, so I think you will have similar problems using ROM with 850F boot.img on 850M.

However, if you really want to try this ROM, you could extract boot.img from TB3-850M LOS14.1 ROM, then flash TB3-850F ROM immediately followed by boot.img from 850M.
    About the Zirene, I also see that on the thread and looks like the app cannot work reliably on android version bigger than 6, the dev also said that Zirene is too old.
    I see. That may be the problem then. PW
    Hey there.
    Thanks a lot to @AeonFlux1603 for this LOS ROM.
    I would like to try it out but would like to know if there are any known bugs/annoyances that might detract me from installing it.
    Also, this tablet is my daughter's tablet. Her being 'minor aged' I would like to have a kid's mode for her where she can only use the apps/games that I approve and prevent her from browsing the web, etc. Is there such a kids mode in LOS 14.1?
    Hope @pndwal or anybody using the rom can clarify these two issues.
    And, by the way @AeonFlux1603, are you planning on releasing security updates for this ROM? Is a LOS 15 in the works? LOS 14.1 should now stop receiving security updates, right?
    Thanks in advance.
    Cheers

In terms of annoyances, I would have to say that reduced battery life is my #1 pet peeve. I have been trying to track it with GSam Battery Monitor, and it seems to arise because the OS is constantly trying to power the phone radio for an LTE connection that doesn't exist on the TB3-850F tablet. The "phone radio" category of the battery monitor shows a significant power draw, even after I switch to Airplane Mode. This must be a legacy from the origin of this ROM in the TB3-850M hardware.

I tried using the dialer to enter *#*#4636#*#* and then bring up "Phone Information", which does give an option to switch off "Cellular Radio Power". But that is only temporary, and the slider switch goes back to "On" immediately as soon as you leave the testing app.

Early in this thread (post #16), @AeonFlux1603 mentioned that he was updating the rom to remove all the LTE vestiges of the TB3-850M that exist, but I'm not sure that he actually got to that point. It's possible that he did, and that I'm accidentally running an obsolete version of this ROM that still contains all the LTE phone radio stuff. But I don't see any reference to that issue in this thread after post #16.

Could someone please clarify the most current version of this ROM? Mine shows security patch dated May 5, 2017, and LOS version 14.1-20170515-UNOFFICIAL-TB3-850M.

As for "Kids' Mode", that is no longer a category that you set up through the settings app on the tablet. You can add new users with their own apps & content, or set up a restricted profile, or download an app for this purpose from the Playstore. But the stock "Kids' Mode" from the stock rom is gone.