[ROM][UNOFFICIAL]LineageOS-14.1 for N7100 | Android 7.1.2 Nougat [FEB 2024]

Search This thread

linesma

Jan 17, 2011
Phitsanulok, Thailand
Thank you for this ROM. It allowed me to "restore to service" my old NOTE 2 that my wife uses to play "Hay Day" on. The latest update of the game broke it on Kit Kat. Everything installed perfectly.

M4Master96

is it just me or .. any apps that have videos in it cant show let say like youtube app or the browsers like firefox or any app with videos the videos cant show or work
and i tried everything give permissions . nothing work

Strange, I too installed Vanced Youtube and the video was only running in the background but after reboot, the video started working without any issues. The development of Lineage 14.1 too stopped around Feb 2019 and so, it will be difficult (and logically, waste of time) to maintain such old code.

A friend who installed it mentioned that this ROM has several bugs. Sensors aren't working. No GPS, No Proximity, No light sensors. The only working sensor is acceleration. As others have reported, videos don't play in apps like youtube. Works only on chrome. Quite a buggy ROM even for a backup phone. Hopefully the dev looks into it in the next release (if any).

Ask your 'friend' that I am not forcing to install and use this. He/She is free to revert back to other ROM. I already said that I built it using official sources and have made no changes whatsoever. Also, GPS, Proximity, and light sensors work without any issues and videos do play on Browsers and on youtube app (I use Vanced) after reboot. Ask your 'friend' to get the device checked and ask him/her whether the sensors worked in previous ROMs so as to confirm hardware fault.

The only thing which is essential to me for a backup phone is calls, browser, messaging and GPS which works for me.

Now I have the video working. I did a clean flash instead of a dirty one and restored some apps from backup (oandbackup/titanium backup).

GPS works for me fine with the old and the new security patches.

Thanks for sharing the ROM with use M4Master96 and that you put the work into it just for a backup phone.

Same, Thanks for the confirmation. I clean flash everytime as I don't have much to install.

sid2109

Sep 7, 2018
Ask your 'friend' that I am not forcing to install and use this. He/She is free to revert back to other ROM. I already said that I built it using official sources and have made no changes whatsoever. Also said:
No need to get offended man,. It was a feedback, "if" you wanted to develop the ROM further. The friend whom I quoted is a very senior guy on this forum and tested several ROMs for Note 2 (if not every ROM out there). We have a telegram group of around 100 note 2 users where we discuss this phone actively. This forum as you know is almost dead and you brought it to life by posting a new RPM :) When I posted this link in the telegram group, that friend was the first one to test your ROM and this was his feedback. I too have a note 2 but don't have time to test your ROM right now. I will do it eventually.

If you wish you join the telegram group, let me know and I will PM you the link.

buyukbang

Sep 17, 2008
Thanks for the ROM! Wiped everything before installing and made a clean install. My plan was to revive my old friend Note 2 and use it as a back up phone when I need. But Unfortunately there is a huge problem with the main phone functionality.

When I make a phone call, after call is setup screen is turned off completely and you cannot turn it on with on/off button. After call completion the screen is turned on again magically. I also tried Google Phone app but same behaviour occured. I think this is a bug related with sensors, it might think it is on your face and never let you open screen. So you cant dial numbers when respoding IVR commands or you cant turn on/off speaker, microphone etc.

Another problem is the light sensor. I think screen brightness is not automatically adjusted.

Btw, I had no problem with videos as reported by previous messages.

Last edited:

M4Master96

No need to get offended man,. It was a feedback, "if" you wanted to develop the ROM further. The friend whom I quoted is a very senior guy on this forum and tested several ROMs for Note 2 (if not every ROM out there). We have a telegram group of around 100 note 2 users where we discuss this phone actively. This forum as you know is almost dead and you brought it to life by posting a new RPM :) When I posted this link in the telegram group, that friend was the first one to test your ROM and this was his feedback. I too have a note 2 but don't have time to test your ROM right now. I will do it eventually.

If you wish you join the telegram group, let me know and I will PM you the link.

I didn't get offended mate. I don't even have much experience with ROM management to get offended by users giving feedback :laugh:
I had dialed someone for testing call operation and the screen went black which is why I assumed that proximity is working. Checked with sensor testing app, the lux value wasn't changing. Tried resetting proximity sensor with Proximity Sensor Reset/Fix (+Overrider service) but that too didn't work.

Also, great to know that you guys have telegram group for Note2. My father handed me this device after 3 years to take a look at it and so I though of Installing latest ROM but all Oreo ROMs didn't had working GPS and so, I though of building Nougat by myself. Device tree from official lineage source was not up-to-date and had multiple errors while building and so, I used ComicoX's Nougat device tree.

If your telegram contacts have experience in ROM management and can help in fixing this issue, That will be a win-win situation for everyone :)

https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_packages_apps_Dialer/+/168827/ -> This has already been merged
https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_frameworks_base/+/237124 -> I think this should be backported to cm-14.1 branch but requires testing.

Thanks for the ROM! Wiped everything before installing and made a clean install. My plan was to revive my old friend Note 2 and use it as a back up phone when I need. But Unfortunately there is a huge problem with the main phone functionality.

When I make a phone call, after call is setup screen is turned off completely and you cannot turn it on with on/off button. After call completion the screen is turned on again magically. I also tried Google Phone app but same behaviour occured. I think this is a bug related with sensors, it might think it is on your face and never let you open screen. So you cant dial numbers when respoding IVR commands or you cant turn on/off speaker, microphone etc.

Another problem is the light sensor. I think screen brightness is not automatically adjusted.

Btw, I had no problem with videos as reported by previous messages.

As mentioned above, there is sensor issue.

M4Master96

@sid2109 / @buyukbang is it possible to test this build with clean flash method ?

lineage-14.1-20201130-UNOFFICIAL-n7100.zip

I have cherry-picked changes from 237124 and now, sensor test app is showing light sensor data (but CPU-Z is still not showing sensor names and proximity value still shows 0cm :( )

But I was able to test a call to 911 and the screen was not turned off. Atleast this will help with the call issue until someone can help us with the sensors.

sid2109

Sep 7, 2018
I didn't get offended mate. I don't even have much experience with ROM management to get offended by users giving feedback :laugh:
I had dialed someone for testing call operation and the screen went black which is why I assumed that proximity is working. Checked with sensor testing app, the lux value wasn't changing. Tried resetting proximity sensor with Proximity Sensor Reset/Fix (+Overrider service) but that too didn't work.

Also, great to know that you guys have telegram group for Note2. My father handed me this device after 3 years to take a look at it and so I though of Installing latest ROM but all Oreo ROMs didn't had working GPS and so, I though of building Nougat by myself. Device tree from official lineage source was not up-to-date and had multiple errors while building and so, I used ComicoX's Nougat device tree.

If your telegram contacts have experience in ROM management and can help in fixing this issue, That will be a win-win situation for everyone :)

https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_packages_apps_Dialer/+/168827/ -> This has already been merged
https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_frameworks_base/+/237124 -> I think this should be backported to cm-14.1 branch but requires testing.

As mentioned above, there is sensor issue.

Sorry for the late reply but then I've not been active on XDA for a long time. I see the messages only once in a whiel.

Well, you know what, you're in luck as Comico is one of the admins in that TG group and active as well :) We do have other devs in there too who have worked on Note 2 development before and so you may just get the help you need. DM me your telegram ID and I will have an invite sent to you.

sid2109

Sep 7, 2018
@sid2109 / @buyukbang is it possible to test this build with clean flash method ?

lineage-14.1-20201130-UNOFFICIAL-n7100.zip

I have cherry-picked changes from 237124 and now, sensor test app is showing light sensor data (but CPU-Z is still not showing sensor names and proximity value still shows 0cm :( )

But I was able to test a call to 911 and the screen was not turned off. Atleast this will help with the call issue until someone can help us with the sensors.

I will try this build over the weekend for sure. I will let you know how it works.

Reactions: M4Master96

M4Master96

f2fs support ?

The camera does not record video.

The compass does not work.

GPS does not work.

GPS and compass work (atleast for me and some other people). Try installing latest modem files or go back to latest stock ROM and then flash this again.
Never checked camera. Can you try with some other camera apps ?
Also, regarding f2fs, there is f2fs entry for userdata and cache partition but I am not sure if LOS base and kernel support it. you might need to use custom kernel (Retro or some other) but I wont be able to help you that.
Also, if there are some fixes which are handy or readily available, then I am okay with that but I am not going to invest time in fixing anything for such old android release.
Sorry

Can we possibly expect an update soon?
Updated thread with January 2021 security patches.

No bugfixes, only security updates.
The development of LOS 14.1 had stopped in Feb 2019. Now, only Security patches are being pushed to the tree.

Last edited:

M4Master96

Unfortunately I can't understand that.

Nevertheless,
thank you very much indeed for trying to build LineageOS 14.1 (best Android version for N7100).

I meant that I did not check the camera app while testing the build :p

I would request you to check in this build.. if it doesn't work with default camera, then kindly try installing 3rd party camera apps and try from the same.

xsola50

Jan 22, 2016
This rom is fullywork ? And rom comes with root ? If comes how can i delete root because some apps detecting root ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OShAoVv.png

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

What's working :

Everything that worked in last OFFICIAL build.

Instructions :
    • Download build and copy it to Internal Memory
    • Reboot to TWRP recovery
    • Create TWRP Backup (Recommended)
    • Flash the latest build (Clean Flash if coming from any other build)
    • Flash Magisk/LineageSU zip (Optional)
    • Flash GApps/MicroG (Optional)
    • Reboot

Downloads :

Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Device Tree: ComicoTeam/android_device_samsung_n7100 (Thanks @ComicoX for maintaining separate device tree)
    Proprietary Files: TheMuppets
    Kernel Source: Here

ROM OS Version: 7.1.2 Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.101
    Security Patch: Feb 2024

Created 2020-11-08
    Last Updated 2024-02-10
    November 2022 Security Patch

Updated link in first post

Note: Uploaded to Sourceforge as I waited for 1 week after opening Issue/Ticket with AFH regarding Upload issues but didn't got any reply/resolution.

TEST Builds

I have also built 2 additional builds, one which use Boeffla Kernel but with Enforcing status and another with stock LOS kernel.

When I tested LOS build, Proximity, Barometer and Gyro were not working. Do give boeffla_enforcing build a try as everything worked for me just like permissive build... so if everything looks good, I will start building with enforcing set to true.

Suggest which build works the most for you so that I can start building that either (can't build 3 versions everytime)
    July 2022 Security Patches

Link updated in first post.
    March 2022 Security Patches

Link updated in first post.

Guys, Updated Build with March Security Patches.

NOTE: I have changed device trees so clean install is recommended!

Also, SELinux Status is Permissive for this build due to Boeffla Kernel.

I got my device to boot and so, I tested these things personally:
    - 3G Network
    - Wifi
    - Bluetooth
    - Adaptive Brightness
    - Camera (Photo and video both, Video recording has audio when I played it via default gallery app)
    - GPS (Checked with Google Maps and GPS Test App)
    - Video in browser and App (Tested YT on Brave browser and PureTuber App)
    - Sensors work (Tested with "Sensor Box for Android" app) - Acceleration Sensor, Light Sensor, Orientation Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Gyroscope Sensor, Sound Sensor, Magnetic Sensor, Pressure Sensor)

Replying to most (if not all) people who had mentioned bugs which I tested in this build:

@AbdAbd10 , @konzi , @iokullu , @test.hazi : I have tested Video playback on Browser and PureTuber app and it worked on both. Please try again with Latest build if you still have the device with you.

@buyukbang : Can you please check the call issue again with latest build if you still have the device with you ?

@ibrahimefsane17 , @cBirdR I have tested GPS via Google Map and GPS Test app and it worked on both. Please try again with Latest build if you still have the device with you.

@sid2109 Can you test the newest build in general if you still have the device ?

@Fix3dll , @afroll can you try 3g with this build ? I just checked whether the device was receiving signal or not. Didn't had any data plan and so was not able to test.

@gedo0087 Kindly use Bitgapps arm with latest LOS 14.1 build

@Winshy , @siegfred101 I have tested and Wifi works. Can you please install latest Modem and then clean install the latest build and check ?

@esysfound new build added with Security Patches upto March 2022

@ntvampire , @Scorpionea : Sorry for the trouble but Please clean flash new Build from 16th March 2022.
    Updated build in #86