[ROM][UNOFFICIAL]LineageOS-14.1 for N7100 | Android 7.1.2 Nougat [NOVEMBER 2022]

Search This thread

M4Master96

OShAoVv.png

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Code:
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

What's working :

Everything that worked in last OFFICIAL build.

Instructions :
  • Download build and copy it to Internal Memory
  • Reboot to TWRP recovery
  • Create TWRP Backup (Recommended)
  • Flash the latest build (Clean Flash if coming from any other build)
  • Flash Magisk/LineageSU zip (Optional)
  • Flash GApps/MicroG (Optional)
  • Reboot

Downloads :

Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
Device Tree: ComicoTeam/android_device_samsung_n7100 (Thanks @ComicoX for maintaining separate device tree)
Proprietary Files: TheMuppets
Kernel Source: Here

ROM OS Version: 7.1.2 Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.101
Security Patch: November 2022

Created 2020-11-08
Last Updated 2022-11-19

Last edited:

M4Master96

GOOD!
BUT why 14.1 in this time?
14.1 is good enough than other version?

Why not ?
May I ask why do you need latest Android as Nougat is still receiving latest security patches?

It depends from person to person. I am using it as a backup device. I don't want latest android, just wanted latest security patch so that in case my daily driver fails, I still have this.

You are free not to use this :)

Reactions: ze7zez and i5510

higger

Feb 28, 2018
You are right~ You are right~ So far Android 7 seems to be the most suitable system for note2~ Maybe I never know the meaning of Android security~ This is my problem

AbdAbd10

Apr 23, 2012
thank you for the rom .
is their away for the option kill app by holding the back button in this rom
because i couldn't find it in he buttons or the developers sections

patria o muerte

Sep 23, 2013
hello, I have a n7100 with the stock rom. I tried to install this rom via twrp 3.4.0.0 t03g but when flashing it gives me error 7. What did I do wrong?
Thanks.

hasekev99

Dec 12, 2013
Nexus 7 (2013)
HTC One (M8)
Clean or dirty flash ?

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

Yesterday I installed the version from November 6th, 2020 with TWRP 4.0. Worked without errors. Today I wanted the version from November 19th. install dirty. Aborted with error code 7. Any idea ...

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

Last edited:

M4Master96

thank you for the rom .
is their away for the option kill app by holding the back button in this rom
because i couldn't find it in he buttons or the developers sections

Scroll down to the end of Developer Options. You will find the option there.

Option Enabled in Developer Options
eVndoag.png

App Killed
7o9ThzB.png

Clean or dirty flash ?

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

Yesterday I installed the version from November 6th, 2020 with TWRP 4.0. Worked without errors. Today I wanted the version from November 19th. install dirty. Aborted with error code 7. Any idea ...

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

I clean flashed without any issues (Check Attached Screenshot in first post)

AbdAbd10

Apr 23, 2012
hello, I have a n7100 with the stock rom. I tried to install this rom via twrp 3.4.0.0 t03g but when flashing it gives me error 7. What did I do wrong?
Thanks.

in v 3.4.0.0 after wiping your phone u have to reboot the phone again to the recovery than install the rom or you will get this error

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

Scroll down to the end of Developer Options. You will find the option there.

Option Enabled in Developer Options
eVndoag.png

App Killed
7o9ThzB.png

I clean flashed without any issues (Check Attached Screenshot in first post)

thank you
i reinstall the rom but i guess now i couldn't find the Developer Options but i google it than i fond that i have to click 7 times on the build number for it to appear than i fond the option
thank you again and sorry if i bothered you with my question

Last edited:

hasekev99

Dec 12, 2013
Nexus 7 (2013)
HTC One (M8)
Today I flashed the version from 19.11 dirty over the version from 06.11 and it worked. First booted into recovery then cache and dalvik cache deleted then rebooted into recovery and then flashed .... works...

AbdAbd10

Apr 23, 2012
is it just me or .. any apps that have videos in it cant show let say like youtube app or the browsers like firefox or any app with videos the videos cant show or work
and i tried everything give permissions . nothing work

konzi

Feb 10, 2017
is it just me or .. any apps that have videos in it cant show let say like youtube app or the browsers like firefox or any app with videos the videos cant show or work
and i tried everything give permissions . nothing work

I have the same issue with video ... I also couldn't figure out why :( Sorry to here I'm not the only one with this issue. If somebody has an idea how to solve it, i would appreciate it.

sid2109

Sep 7, 2018
A friend who installed it mentioned that this ROM has several bugs. Sensors aren't working. No GPS, No Proximity, No light sensors. The only working sensor is acceleration. As others have reported, videos don't play in apps like youtube. Works only on chrome. Quite a buggy ROM even for a backup phone. Hopefully the dev looks into it in the next release (if any).

konzi

Feb 10, 2017
I have the same issue with video ... I also couldn't figure out why :( Sorry to here I'm not the only one with this issue. If somebody has an idea how to solve it, i would appreciate it.

Now I have the video working. I did a clean flash instead of a dirty one and restored some apps from backup (oandbackup/titanium backup).

GPS works for me fine with the old and the new security patches.

Thanks for sharing the ROM with use M4Master96 and that you put the work into it just for a backup phone.

Reactions: M4Master96

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    November 2022 Security Patch

Updated link in first post

Note: Uploaded to Sourceforge as I waited for 1 week after opening Issue/Ticket with AFH regarding Upload issues but didn't got any reply/resolution.

TEST Builds

I have also built 2 additional builds, one which use Boeffla Kernel but with Enforcing status and another with stock LOS kernel.

When I tested LOS build, Proximity, Barometer and Gyro were not working. Do give boeffla_enforcing build a try as everything worked for me just like permissive build... so if everything looks good, I will start building with enforcing set to true.

Suggest which build works the most for you so that I can start building that either (can't build 3 versions everytime)

Note: Uploaded to Sourceforge as I waited for 1 week after opening Issue/Ticket with AFH regarding Upload issues but didn't got any reply/resolution.

TEST Builds

I have also built 2 additional builds, one which use Boeffla Kernel but with Enforcing status and another with stock LOS kernel.

When I tested LOS build, Proximity, Barometer and Gyro were not working. Do give boeffla_enforcing build a try as everything worked for me just like permissive build... so if everything looks good, I will start building with enforcing set to true.

Suggest which build works the most for you so that I can start building that either (can't build 3 versions everytime)
    Thank you for all the work!

I clean flashed Boeffla lineage-14.1-20221115-UNOFFICIAL-n7100_enforcing.zip and everything is working well!

I came from Los 19.1 that had occasional crashes/reboots. It was a bit laggy also probably due to higher requirements on hardware.

This rom is alot quicker and no crashes or reboots. The only little thing i noticed was network restriction for apps dont work. It was solved by installing Netguard from F-droid (i dont use Google whatsoever on my devices).

My phones Sd card reader is probably broken, because the card was not detected in Los 19.1 either despite formatting in Fat32 or Exfat.

Battery life seems good!
    OShAoVv.png

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

What's working :

Everything that worked in last OFFICIAL build.

Instructions :
    • Download build and copy it to Internal Memory
    • Reboot to TWRP recovery
    • Create TWRP Backup (Recommended)
    • Flash the latest build (Clean Flash if coming from any other build)
    • Flash Magisk/LineageSU zip (Optional)
    • Flash GApps/MicroG (Optional)
    • Reboot

Downloads :

Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Device Tree: ComicoTeam/android_device_samsung_n7100 (Thanks @ComicoX for maintaining separate device tree)
    Proprietary Files: TheMuppets
    Kernel Source: Here

ROM OS Version: 7.1.2 Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.101
    Security Patch: November 2022

Created 2020-11-08
    Last Updated 2022-11-19
    July 2022 Security Patches

Link updated in first post.
    March 2022 Security Patches

Link updated in first post.

Guys, Updated Build with March Security Patches.

NOTE: I have changed device trees so clean install is recommended!

Also, SELinux Status is Permissive for this build due to Boeffla Kernel.

I got my device to boot and so, I tested these things personally:
    - 3G Network
    - Wifi
    - Bluetooth
    - Adaptive Brightness
    - Camera (Photo and video both, Video recording has audio when I played it via default gallery app)
    - GPS (Checked with Google Maps and GPS Test App)
    - Video in browser and App (Tested YT on Brave browser and PureTuber App)
    - Sensors work (Tested with "Sensor Box for Android" app) - Acceleration Sensor, Light Sensor, Orientation Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Gyroscope Sensor, Sound Sensor, Magnetic Sensor, Pressure Sensor)

Replying to most (if not all) people who had mentioned bugs which I tested in this build:

@AbdAbd10 , @konzi , @iokullu , @test.hazi : I have tested Video playback on Browser and PureTuber app and it worked on both. Please try again with Latest build if you still have the device with you.

@buyukbang : Can you please check the call issue again with latest build if you still have the device with you ?

@ibrahimefsane17 , @cBirdR I have tested GPS via Google Map and GPS Test app and it worked on both. Please try again with Latest build if you still have the device with you.

@sid2109 Can you test the newest build in general if you still have the device ?

@Fix3dll , @afroll can you try 3g with this build ? I just checked whether the device was receiving signal or not. Didn't had any data plan and so was not able to test.

@gedo0087 Kindly use Bitgapps arm with latest LOS 14.1 build

@Winshy , @siegfred101 I have tested and Wifi works. Can you please install latest Modem and then clean install the latest build and check ?

@esysfound new build added with Security Patches upto March 2022

@ntvampire , @Scorpionea : Sorry for the trouble but Please clean flash new Build from 16th March 2022.
    Updated build in #86

TEST Builds