[ROM][UNOFFICIAL]LineageOS-14.1 for N7100 | Android 7.1.2 Nougat [NOVEMBER 2022]

Search This thread

Cassker

Jul 3, 2015
Just wondering how difficult it is to create these? I'd like to get the security patches for n7105 for myself but I don't exactly have the know-how.

M4Master96

Just wondering how difficult it is to create these? I'd like to get the security patches for n7105 for myself but I don't exactly have the know-how.
Its not that hard, but you need basic linux knowledge.

Also, You need good internet collection (initial source code download will be around 20-30GB) and then, good processing power (atleast 8GB RAM [16GB+ recommended], minimum 8 cores and approx 300GB storage space)

There are n-number of tutorials for building Lineage for your devices.
You can follow: https://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-build-lineageos-on-windows-10-using-wsl-2/

you can use the given commands on linux machine (else you can use the same WSL2)

If you face errors, most of solutions can be googled... rest you will need to figure out.

For me, official n7100 repo was not buildable for me (there were way too many errors and I was not keen on fixing them due to time constraint) and so, I started using ComicoX's device tree and after 2-3 changes, it was buildable.

You will need to invest time if you want to build it (as build too takes around 1hr)

gedo0087

Jun 18, 2020
Hello I have big problem I can't install gapps on my N7100 its not support I need link to supported gapps for my old note2 plese Link ????

M4Master96

Wifi Not Work
ineage-14.1-20210811-UNOFFICIAL-n7100

same here wifi not working

Nothing has been changed in the builds, other than security patch. On device side, no changes since 2017 so its odd if the wifi doesnt work for you. Did you try clean flashing ?

I dont have the device with me right now, will test in 15-20 days. But, WiFi was working for me August build (I clean flash everytime)

Try clean flashing the latest build and check if it works.

Mzuber Mulla

Mar 18, 2014
Nothing has been changed in the builds, other than security patch. On device side, no changes since 2017 so its odd if the wifi doesnt work for you. Did you try clean flashing ?

I dont have the device with me right now, will test in 15-20 days. But, WiFi was working for me August build (I clean flash everytime)

Try clean flashing the latest build and check if it works.
Send your modem please.

motymen

Feb 9, 2013
got an old phone and after several tries i managed to install everything
then i rooted the phone and now i have to install it again :p

i wanted to ask what is a clean install? is it clear dalvik \ cache or in advance clearing something aditional
also at what point do i do the clearing?

thanks for your help!!

p.s. managed to test youtube vanced, cameraand both worked
there is a glitch in witch you have to enable usbdebugging to make the usb file transfer work
, didnt got to check gps and other stuff because of the root screwing things... will post aditional results later

M4Master96

i wanted to ask what is a clean install? is it clear dalvik \ cache or in advance clearing something aditional
also at what point do i do the clearing?

Clean install means cleaning all partitions in TWRP (excluding Internal Storage). So, formatting dalvik, cache, system, data partitions before installing new ROM. This is not required if you are updating same ROM i.e. flashing next build over previous one.

esysfound

Oct 21, 2017
Not a glitch-this is the way it is designed to work. But there is a seperate menu that should display allowing you to easily switch between charging and transferring files.
GPS works fine on my phone.

Are there any plans to install recent security patch updates on a newer build? Thanks

ww940

Dec 16, 2021
安装这个版本后,发现我的手机无法连接WiFi。不知道哪个位置有问题

Translated by GT: After installing this version, I found that my phone cannot connect to WiFi. I don't know which location is the problem

Last edited by a moderator:

M4Master96

there is a glitch in witch you have to enable usbdebugging to make the usb file transfer work
I think in Developer setting, you can change the default behavior of usb connection.

GPS works fine on my phone.
Are there any plans to install recent security patch updates on a newer build? Thanks
Thanks for confirming that GPS works (y)
I am willing to add but I am not able to find time for that. Also, there has been some mishap in LOS as some chromium v8 vulnerability commits were not introduced in the August security patch and now, LOS team is not merging any security patches since October :(

Repo picking topics are easy but they need to be done in sequence and changes on top of that is way more time consuming. Will update (if not in Dec, then in Jan 22 if security patches are added in gerrit)

安装这个版本后,发现我的手机无法连接WiFi。不知道哪个位置有问题

Translated by GT: After installing this version, I found that my phone cannot connect to WiFi. I don't know which location is the problem
WiFi works for everyone. Please check signal strength and other parameters. Try standing in front of router.

Reactions: esysfound

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    November 2022 Security Patch

Updated link in first post

Note: Uploaded to Sourceforge as I waited for 1 week after opening Issue/Ticket with AFH regarding Upload issues but didn't got any reply/resolution.

TEST Builds

I have also built 2 additional builds, one which use Boeffla Kernel but with Enforcing status and another with stock LOS kernel.

When I tested LOS build, Proximity, Barometer and Gyro were not working. Do give boeffla_enforcing build a try as everything worked for me just like permissive build... so if everything looks good, I will start building with enforcing set to true.

Suggest which build works the most for you so that I can start building that either (can't build 3 versions everytime)

Note: Uploaded to Sourceforge as I waited for 1 week after opening Issue/Ticket with AFH regarding Upload issues but didn't got any reply/resolution.

TEST Builds

I have also built 2 additional builds, one which use Boeffla Kernel but with Enforcing status and another with stock LOS kernel.

When I tested LOS build, Proximity, Barometer and Gyro were not working. Do give boeffla_enforcing build a try as everything worked for me just like permissive build... so if everything looks good, I will start building with enforcing set to true.

Suggest which build works the most for you so that I can start building that either (can't build 3 versions everytime)
    Thank you for all the work!

I clean flashed Boeffla lineage-14.1-20221115-UNOFFICIAL-n7100_enforcing.zip and everything is working well!

I came from Los 19.1 that had occasional crashes/reboots. It was a bit laggy also probably due to higher requirements on hardware.

This rom is alot quicker and no crashes or reboots. The only little thing i noticed was network restriction for apps dont work. It was solved by installing Netguard from F-droid (i dont use Google whatsoever on my devices).

My phones Sd card reader is probably broken, because the card was not detected in Los 19.1 either despite formatting in Fat32 or Exfat.

Battery life seems good!
    @porcino I have built these test builds mentioned in the post as per your suggestion..

Can you try both lineage-14.1-20221115-UNOFFICIAL-n7100_enforcing.zip (Boeffla enforcing kernel) and lineage-14.1-20221115-UNOFFICIAL-n7100_los.zip (stock LineageOS enforcing kernel) builds ?
    OShAoVv.png

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

What's working :

Everything that worked in last OFFICIAL build.

Instructions :
    • Download build and copy it to Internal Memory
    • Reboot to TWRP recovery
    • Create TWRP Backup (Recommended)
    • Flash the latest build (Clean Flash if coming from any other build)
    • Flash Magisk/LineageSU zip (Optional)
    • Flash GApps/MicroG (Optional)
    • Reboot

Downloads :

Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Device Tree: ComicoTeam/android_device_samsung_n7100 (Thanks @ComicoX for maintaining separate device tree)
    Proprietary Files: TheMuppets
    Kernel Source: Here

ROM OS Version: 7.1.2 Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.101
    Security Patch: November 2022

Created 2020-11-08
    Last Updated 2022-11-19
    This development is very welcome after Nougat development for e.foundation stopped in 2021 , I will review and promote this rom today ..thanks for your work !
    OShAoVv.png

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

What's working :

Everything that worked in last OFFICIAL build.

Instructions :
    • Download build and copy it to Internal Memory
    • Reboot to TWRP recovery
    • Create TWRP Backup (Recommended)
    • Flash the latest build (Clean Flash if coming from any other build)
    • Flash Magisk/LineageSU zip (Optional)
    • Flash GApps/MicroG (Optional)
    • Reboot

Downloads :

Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Device Tree: ComicoTeam/android_device_samsung_n7100 (Thanks @ComicoX for maintaining separate device tree)
    Proprietary Files: TheMuppets
    Kernel Source: Here

ROM OS Version: 7.1.2 Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.101
    Security Patch: November 2022

Created 2020-11-08
    Last Updated 2022-11-19
    July 2022 Security Patches

Link updated in first post.
    March 2022 Security Patches

Link updated in first post.

Guys, Updated Build with March Security Patches.

NOTE: I have changed device trees so clean install is recommended!

Also, SELinux Status is Permissive for this build due to Boeffla Kernel.

I got my device to boot and so, I tested these things personally:
    - 3G Network
    - Wifi
    - Bluetooth
    - Adaptive Brightness
    - Camera (Photo and video both, Video recording has audio when I played it via default gallery app)
    - GPS (Checked with Google Maps and GPS Test App)
    - Video in browser and App (Tested YT on Brave browser and PureTuber App)
    - Sensors work (Tested with "Sensor Box for Android" app) - Acceleration Sensor, Light Sensor, Orientation Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Gyroscope Sensor, Sound Sensor, Magnetic Sensor, Pressure Sensor)

Replying to most (if not all) people who had mentioned bugs which I tested in this build:

@AbdAbd10 , @konzi , @iokullu , @test.hazi : I have tested Video playback on Browser and PureTuber app and it worked on both. Please try again with Latest build if you still have the device with you.

@buyukbang : Can you please check the call issue again with latest build if you still have the device with you ?

@ibrahimefsane17 , @cBirdR I have tested GPS via Google Map and GPS Test app and it worked on both. Please try again with Latest build if you still have the device with you.

@sid2109 Can you test the newest build in general if you still have the device ?

@Fix3dll , @afroll can you try 3g with this build ? I just checked whether the device was receiving signal or not. Didn't had any data plan and so was not able to test.

@gedo0087 Kindly use Bitgapps arm with latest LOS 14.1 build

@Winshy , @siegfred101 I have tested and Wifi works. Can you please install latest Modem and then clean install the latest build and check ?

@esysfound new build added with Security Patches upto March 2022

@ntvampire , @Scorpionea : Sorry for the trouble but Please clean flash new Build from 16th March 2022.
    Updated build in #86

TEST Builds