[ROM][UNOFFICIAL]LineageOS-14.1 for N7100 | Android 7.1.2 Nougat [NOVEMBER 2022]

Search This thread

lfs6r

Sep 26, 2019
Generally stable rom. but magisk is not installed, it gives Invalid zip file format error.
Battery temp false constant 30 degree.
New edit: While the phone is being used, the processor is constantly running at 1600 mhz, the charge drops quickly.

Last edited:

M4Master96

When using the firmware, I noticed a bug while rebooting the phone. Every other time or less often when I reboot the phone it doesn't reboot. And it hangs on the reboot screen. During this, the phone gets very hot and quickly discharges. Helps, only pulling out the battery from the phone. Is it possible to somehow solve this problem, since this lineageos 14.1, as I understand it, is no longer being updated, does this mean that this problem will no longer be solved?

Never faced this issue, Rebooted 3 times in a row just now to check. May collect logs via adb just after for rebooting next time it happens.

It's safer to give a direct link:
Don't want the developer to report my post for giving direct links to download.

If there is a reboot problem, should we wait for it to be fixed? Kitkat is not enough anymore.
Its up to you, This is the first time I heard this thing.

un-qwerty

Jun 25, 2022
Hi, thank you for developing the ROM! I installed it and it working nice, but battery charge is melt quickly =(

M4Master96

Hi, thank you for developing the ROM! I installed it and it working nice, but battery charge is melt quickly =(

Because when the screen is turned on, the processor is constantly running at 1600 MHz. The rom is therefore not usable. I wrote above, I think the developer did not see it.

Its due to the Boeffla Kernel then, If I move to LOS kernel, none of the sensors will work. So, better to have sensors working than 1-2hr more SOT

you can not expect 8+SOT from this device either which has 0 development since past 4 years. I am not maintaining the branches either, just building on old device tree until LOS is giving updates to 14.1 branch.

Reactions: 0cold

guidol

Feb 8, 2011
Mundanya - Bursa

Thanks M4Master96 for this ROM ;)
My N7100 is coming from Tilaks LOS 14.1 from the 19.10.2017
( lineage-14.1-20171019-tilak-n7100.zip )
The Tilak LOS 14.1 now has problems with Facebook, Twitter and Google-Chrome on my N7100 - so its like freezing and these 3 apps didnt respond and give a message to wait/quit often :(

With your ROM-version of LOS 14.1 these problems are mostly gone and the N7100 did respond much faster in this 3 apps :)

I did try it with BiTGApps-arm-7.1.2-v1.0_signed.zip (ca. 66MB)
and the latest OpenGapps-Pico for Android 7.1.2

On the OpenGApps page actual the last pico is
open_gapps-arm-7.1-pico-20220215.zip (186MB)
but I also fetched at some time the
open_gapps-arm-7.1-pico-20220426.zip (192MB)

Do you recommend Magisk for Root or can I use the "old" SuperSU? ;)

I would try the "Exynos4 Kernel Manager" if you think that could help to throttle the kernel a little bit for more battery-time - but if you didnt recommend that I wouldnt pay for the app to test it.

Many Thnaks for keeping my 9 years old Smartphone in this good working conition :)

Last edited:
Reactions: M4Master96

0cold

Jun 29, 2022
Thanks M4Master96 for this ROM ;)
My N7100 is coming from Tilaks LOS 14.1 from the 19.10.2017
( lineage-14.1-20171019-tilak-n7100.zip )
The Tilak LOS 14.1 now has problems with Facebook, Twitter and Google-Chrome on my N7100 - so its like freezing and these 3 apps didnt respond and give a message to wait/quit often :(

With your ROM-version of LOS 14.1 these problems are mostly gone and the N7100 did respond much faster in this 3 apps :)

On the OpenGApps page actual the last pico is
open_gapps-arm-7.1-pico-20220215.zip (186MB)
but I also fetched at some time the
open_gapps-arm-7.1-pico-20220426.zip (192MB)

I would try the "Exynos4 Kernel Manager" if you think that could help to throttle the kernel a little bit for more battery-time - but if you didnt recommend that I wouldnt pay for the app to test it.

Many Thnaks for keeping my 9 years old Smartphone in this good working conition :)
in first post he wrote root with magisk

0cold

Jun 29, 2022
Thank you for providing such amazing work
so far so good for me
but my use of the phone is kinda simple

#only play a game or two state of survival ( a bit big game) & clash of clans, whatsapp, youtube, discord( problem with showing group titles/names due to missing fonts afaik)

#make/receive calls

#only issue is wifi drops from time to time mostly when screen is off & idle
3G signal too but can't complain

#first call experienced robotic sound after that all good

coming from RR rom
deleted cache/dalvik system vendor data
installed room
installed gapps pico
installed magisk (don't need it often but i do always have it just in case)

M4Master96

Its nice to know that.... also you may try using the "lite" version of these apps to get much better response as these apps are heavy and take up whole lot of CPU and RAM which causes heavy battery drain even in latest devices.

Try using Facebook lite, Twitter lite and Via Browser/Opera mini as an alternative and try to compare if they work better (you will loose animations though)

I suggest using BitGapps as they are lightest and so, use less resources than opengapps

If you worry about safetynet, then use Magisk or else, Lineage SU will work just fine for providing root access...

But if you want to use banking apps, then only magisk will work as SU will trigger root detection which will fail banking apps (or any app which detect root) from starting. Choice is yours

I dont use Kernel Manager as I dont use this phone that much (keep it as secondary device in case my daily driver goes down)

You may try to use free alternatives such as SmartPack Kernel Manager or EX/Franco Kernel Manager to see if they work for you or not. I havent tried any so can not comment.

#only issue is wifi drops from time to time mostly when screen is off & idle
3G signal too but can't complain
Have you checked battery options like battery saver isnt on and things like that ?

I tried to download 500MB file just for testing and locked the phone, but after 10 mins, then file was downloaded and the WiFi was still on for me.

Can try to test idle wifi drop but not sure how.... do you mean connect to wifi and then keep phone aside for 10-15 mins and then unlock to check whether its still connected to wifi ?

Reactions: ze7zez and i5510

guidol

Feb 8, 2011
Mundanya - Bursa
Try using Facebook lite, Twitter lite and Via Browser/Opera mini as an alternative and try to compare if they work better (you will loose animations though)

I suggest using BitGapps as they are lightest and so, use less resources than opengapps

But if you want to use banking apps, then only magisk will work as SU will trigger root detection which will fail banking apps

I did try Facebook lite in the past but I like the view/options of the "real" app more.
I dont use the real Twitter App - because I like the view via the browser (Chrome).
Testes today for a short time Twiter via Opera mini, but it was slower than on Chrome.

SuperSU seems to be Ok for me (because it feels for me personally faster) and I do not use any Banking App on the Phone or a App which strictly test for root-access.

I do use root mostly for my File-Explorer or using some special rights on my phone.

I have tested to get more performance with a dedicated Google Webview (not the Chrome included).
But I got the feeling the best was to check in the LOS-Ram-Sections for Bootup-Apps and letting them run in the Background.

I disabled some Apps on Bootup, which I only use from time to time and dont let them run in the Background.

And I found out there , that Chrome will access somtimes the camera - dont know why...but when changing Bootup-Options you could take a look at the App-Rights (and its interesting how often the App had used them).

Now I have a RAM usage of 700-930MB out of 1700MB System/Smartphone RAM.

Also did some test with rendering 2D with the GPU, because on some Apps I had some "jittering" while scrolling and it seem to be better with the 2D rendering via the GPU.

The Kernel-Manager didnt help with the setting conservative for changing the full 1600Mz while the screen is on.
So SOT isnt the best, but the N7100 is running better.

Reactions: i5510

i5510

Apr 9, 2011
I did try Facebook lite in the past but I like the view/options of the "real" app more.
I dont use the real Twitter App - because I like the view via the browser (Chrome).
Testes today for a short time Twiter via Opera mini, but it was slower than on Chrome.

Have you tried SlimSocial for (Facebook & Twitter), NewPipe (YouTube), Via Browser as well? :)

And I found out there , that Chrome will access somtimes the camera - dont know why...but when changing Bootup-Options you could take a look at the App-Rights (and its interesting how often the App had used them).

Perhaps websites (see WebRTC) you have visited have asked for Camera permissions...
How you can use your camera and microphone for sites in Chrome.

BTW, does NFC work for you?

Last edited:

guidol

Feb 8, 2011
Mundanya - Bursa

Attachments

• RFID_Tag.jpg
    RFID_Tag.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: i5510

M4Master96

Excellent ROM, thank you! Is there any chance of getting SELinux enabled?
I already tried SELinux Enforcing with stock LOS kernel, only gyro sensor work, non of the other seem to register anything.

When SELinux is enabled in Boeffla kernel, only 2/3 sensors work (others are not reported in test apps)

Also, as the old 'cm-14.1' branch is not being maintained anymore (other than security patches), I don't think anything is going to change.

Reactions: porcino and ze7zez

porcino

Feb 18, 2011
Great, very nice! Would it be possible to release the ROM with SELinux enforcing and without sensors?

There are ROMs having a developer option to disable the sensors. I tried it - the prone remains pretty much usable without them. The only difficulty was a missing option to rotate the screen. It would be helpful to replace the switch auto-portrait with landscape-portrait... There might be an app for this out there.

Top Liked Posts