[ROM][UNOFFICIAL]LineageOS-14.1 for N7100 | Android 7.1.2 Nougat [FEB 2024]

Search This thread

test.hazi

Dec 22, 2021
This is a fine ROM however on this ROM when using my camera it can take picture but when recording video, it records but doesn't save the video record. I tried with other apps downloaded like FlipCam. Still same problem. I restore it to stock rom it can take pictures and record videos. I also tested GPS. GPS on stock is ok and working like normal but GPS on lineage is weak and sometimes not accurate. Sometimes GPS not showing up at all.

Last edited:

porcino

Feb 18, 2011
This is a fine ROM however on this ROM when using my camera it can take picture but when recording video, it records but doesn't save the video record. I tried with other apps downloaded like FlipCam. Still same problem. I restore it to stock rom it can take pictures and record videos. I also tested GPS. GPS on stock is ok and working like normal but GPS on lineage is weak and sometimes not accurate. Sometimes GPS not showing up at all.
True, but the stock ROM is full of applications with trackers and loggers.

M4Master96

March 2022 Security Patches

Link updated in first post.

Guys, Updated Build with March Security Patches.

NOTE: I have changed device trees so clean install is recommended!

Also, SELinux Status is Permissive for this build due to Boeffla Kernel.

I got my device to boot and so, I tested these things personally:
- 3G Network
- Wifi
- Bluetooth
- Adaptive Brightness
- Camera (Photo and video both, Video recording has audio when I played it via default gallery app)
- GPS (Checked with Google Maps and GPS Test App)
- Video in browser and App (Tested YT on Brave browser and PureTuber App)
- Sensors work (Tested with "Sensor Box for Android" app) - Acceleration Sensor, Light Sensor, Orientation Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Gyroscope Sensor, Sound Sensor, Magnetic Sensor, Pressure Sensor)

Replying to most (if not all) people who had mentioned bugs which I tested in this build:

@AbdAbd10 , @konzi , @iokullu , @test.hazi : I have tested Video playback on Browser and PureTuber app and it worked on both. Please try again with Latest build if you still have the device with you.

@buyukbang : Can you please check the call issue again with latest build if you still have the device with you ?

@ibrahimefsane17 , @cBirdR I have tested GPS via Google Map and GPS Test app and it worked on both. Please try again with Latest build if you still have the device with you.

@sid2109 Can you test the newest build in general if you still have the device ?

@Fix3dll , @afroll can you try 3g with this build ? I just checked whether the device was receiving signal or not. Didn't had any data plan and so was not able to test.

@gedo0087 Kindly use Bitgapps arm with latest LOS 14.1 build

@Winshy , @siegfred101 I have tested and Wifi works. Can you please install latest Modem and then clean install the latest build and check ?

@esysfound new build added with Security Patches upto March 2022

@ntvampire , @Scorpionea : Sorry for the trouble but Please clean flash new Build from 16th March 2022.

Last edited:

tarantadakayey

Apr 18, 2022
Hello! Im very new to this kind of stuff and really don't have a clue yet. I was wondering if i could use this rom on my Note 2 (Model Number: SAMSUNG-SGH-I317)

M4Master96

Kaptan101

Jun 5, 2020

UbuntuKnight

Apr 16, 2022
Installed this ROM. WiFi not working. WiFi Hotspot is. Will recheck.

No WiFi for me. What is the MD5 file for?

Last edited:

M4Master96

Installed this ROM. WiFi not working. WiFi Hotspot is. Will recheck.

No WiFi for me. What is the MD5 file for?

The distance of your device from the WiFi might be the issue... you cant compare signal strength of Note2 with newer devices..

MD5 is nothing but a checksum which people can generate to check if they have downloaded correct (and complete) file or not

Reactions: UbuntuKnight
I installed the lineage-14.1-20220512-UNOFFICIAL-n7100.zip firmware, but after installation, video recording stopped working for me, and video playback in the newpipe application, in the latest firmware release, worked.
p.s. lineage-14.1-20220515-UNOFFICIAL-n7100.zip video recording and video playback in newpipe app works

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220515-100702.png
    Screenshot_20220515-100702.png
    180.5 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20220515-100512.png
    Screenshot_20220515-100512.png
    668.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

M4Master96

I installed the lineage-14.1-20220512-UNOFFICIAL-n7100.zip firmware, but after installation, video recording stopped working for me, and video playback in the newpipe application, in the latest firmware release, worked.
p.s. lineage-14.1-20220515-UNOFFICIAL-n7100.zip video recording and video playback in newpipe app works

You are clever enough to pick latest builds from AFH :p

I was trying to build newer device trees with LOS kernel (as I wanted SELinux Enforcing) which was the 20220512 build but sadly, Sensors and camera weren't working.

So, I went back to Boeffla Kernel and enabled SELinux which is 20220515 build (still un-released as I was testing sensors and camera)

Will be posting about it on XDA if everything works. Thanks for testing 20220515 build though xD

Last edited:
When using the firmware, I noticed a bug while rebooting the phone. Every other time or less often when I reboot the phone it doesn't reboot. And it hangs on the reboot screen. During this, the phone gets very hot and quickly discharges. Helps, only pulling out the battery from the phone. Is it possible to somehow solve this problem, since this lineageos 14.1, as I understand it, is no longer being updated, does this mean that this problem will no longer be solved?

Attachments

• IMG_2394.JPG
    IMG_2394.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 26

lfs6r

Sep 26, 2019
If there is a reboot problem, should we wait for it to be fixed? Kitkat is not enough anymore.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OShAoVv.png

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

What's working :

Everything that worked in last OFFICIAL build.

Instructions :
    • Download build and copy it to Internal Memory
    • Reboot to TWRP recovery
    • Create TWRP Backup (Recommended)
    • Flash the latest build (Clean Flash if coming from any other build)
    • Flash Magisk/LineageSU zip (Optional)
    • Flash GApps/MicroG (Optional)
    • Reboot

Downloads :

Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Device Tree: ComicoTeam/android_device_samsung_n7100 (Thanks @ComicoX for maintaining separate device tree)
    Proprietary Files: TheMuppets
    Kernel Source: Here

ROM OS Version: 7.1.2 Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.101
    Security Patch: Feb 2024

Created 2020-11-08
    Last Updated 2024-02-10
    November 2022 Security Patch

Updated link in first post

Note: Uploaded to Sourceforge as I waited for 1 week after opening Issue/Ticket with AFH regarding Upload issues but didn't got any reply/resolution.

TEST Builds

I have also built 2 additional builds, one which use Boeffla Kernel but with Enforcing status and another with stock LOS kernel.

When I tested LOS build, Proximity, Barometer and Gyro were not working. Do give boeffla_enforcing build a try as everything worked for me just like permissive build... so if everything looks good, I will start building with enforcing set to true.

Suggest which build works the most for you so that I can start building that either (can't build 3 versions everytime)
    July 2022 Security Patches

March 2022 Security Patches

Guys, Updated Build with March Security Patches.

NOTE: I have changed device trees so clean install is recommended!

Also, SELinux Status is Permissive for this build due to Boeffla Kernel.

I got my device to boot and so, I tested these things personally:
    - 3G Network
    - Wifi
    - Bluetooth
    - Adaptive Brightness
    - Camera (Photo and video both, Video recording has audio when I played it via default gallery app)
    - GPS (Checked with Google Maps and GPS Test App)
    - Video in browser and App (Tested YT on Brave browser and PureTuber App)
    - Sensors work (Tested with "Sensor Box for Android" app) - Acceleration Sensor, Light Sensor, Orientation Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Gyroscope Sensor, Sound Sensor, Magnetic Sensor, Pressure Sensor)

Replying to most (if not all) people who had mentioned bugs which I tested in this build:

@AbdAbd10 , @konzi , @iokullu , @test.hazi : I have tested Video playback on Browser and PureTuber app and it worked on both. Please try again with Latest build if you still have the device with you.

@buyukbang : Can you please check the call issue again with latest build if you still have the device with you ?

@ibrahimefsane17 , @cBirdR I have tested GPS via Google Map and GPS Test app and it worked on both. Please try again with Latest build if you still have the device with you.

@sid2109 Can you test the newest build in general if you still have the device ?

@Fix3dll , @afroll can you try 3g with this build ? I just checked whether the device was receiving signal or not. Didn't had any data plan and so was not able to test.

@gedo0087 Kindly use Bitgapps arm with latest LOS 14.1 build

@Winshy , @siegfred101 I have tested and Wifi works. Can you please install latest Modem and then clean install the latest build and check ?

@esysfound new build added with Security Patches upto March 2022

@ntvampire , @Scorpionea : Sorry for the trouble but Please clean flash new Build from 16th March 2022.
    Updated build in #86