• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL]LineageOS-14.1 for N7100 | Android 7.1.2 Nougat [OCTOBER 2021]

Search This thread

Cassker

Jul 3, 2015
Just wondering how difficult it is to create these? I'd like to get the security patches for n7105 for myself but I don't exactly have the know-how.

Just wondering how difficult it is to create these? I'd like to get the security patches for n7105 for myself but I don't exactly have the know-how.
Its not that hard, but you need basic linux knowledge.

Also, You need good internet collection (initial source code download will be around 20-30GB) and then, good processing power (atleast 8GB RAM [16GB+ recommended], minimum 8 cores and approx 300GB storage space)

There are n-number of tutorials for building Lineage for your devices.
You can follow: https://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-build-lineageos-on-windows-10-using-wsl-2/

you can use the given commands on linux machine (else you can use the same WSL2)

If you face errors, most of solutions can be googled... rest you will need to figure out.

For me, official n7100 repo was not buildable for me (there were way too many errors and I was not keen on fixing them due to time constraint) and so, I started using ComicoX's device tree and after 2-3 changes, it was buildable.

You will need to invest time if you want to build it (as build too takes around 1hr)

gedo0087

Jun 18, 2020
Hello I have big problem I can't install gapps on my N7100 its not support I need link to supported gapps for my old note2 plese Link ????

Wifi Not Work
ineage-14.1-20210811-UNOFFICIAL-n7100

same here wifi not working

Nothing has been changed in the builds, other than security patch. On device side, no changes since 2017 so its odd if the wifi doesnt work for you. Did you try clean flashing ?

I dont have the device with me right now, will test in 15-20 days. But, WiFi was working for me August build (I clean flash everytime)

Try clean flashing the latest build and check if it works.

Mzuber Mulla

Mar 18, 2014
Nothing has been changed in the builds, other than security patch. On device side, no changes since 2017 so its odd if the wifi doesnt work for you. Did you try clean flashing ?

I dont have the device with me right now, will test in 15-20 days. But, WiFi was working for me August build (I clean flash everytime)

Try clean flashing the latest build and check if it works.
Send your modem please.

motymen

Feb 9, 2013
got an old phone and after several tries i managed to install everything
then i rooted the phone and now i have to install it again :p

i wanted to ask what is a clean install? is it clear dalvik \ cache or in advance clearing something aditional
also at what point do i do the clearing?

thanks for your help!!

p.s. managed to test youtube vanced, cameraand both worked
there is a glitch in witch you have to enable usbdebugging to make the usb file transfer work
, didnt got to check gps and other stuff because of the root screwing things... will post aditional results later

i wanted to ask what is a clean install? is it clear dalvik \ cache or in advance clearing something aditional
also at what point do i do the clearing?

Clean install means cleaning all partitions in TWRP (excluding Internal Storage). So, formatting dalvik, cache, system, data partitions before installing new ROM. This is not required if you are updating same ROM i.e. flashing next build over previous one.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OShAoVv.png

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

What's working :

Everything that worked in last OFFICIAL build.

Instructions :
    • Download build and copy it to Internal Memory
    • Reboot to TWRP recovery
    • Create TWRP Backup (Recommended)
    • Flash the latest build (Clean Flash if coming from any other build)
    • Flash Magisk (Optional)
    • Flash GApps/MicroG (Optional)
    • Reboot

Downloads :

Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Device Tree: ComicoTeam/android_device_samsung_n7100 (Thanks @ComicoX for maintaining separate device tree)
    Proprietary Files: TheMuppets
    Kernel Source: Here

ROM OS Version: 7.1.2 Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.101
    Security Patch: October 2021

Created 2020-11-08
    Last Updated 2021-10-13
    February 2021 Security Patches

Link updated in first post.
    October 2021 Security Patches

August 2021 Security Patches

GOOD!
    BUT why 14.1 in this time?
    14.1 is good enough than other version?

Why not ?
    May I ask why do you need latest Android as Nougat is still receiving latest security patches?

It depends from person to person. I am using it as a backup device. I don't want latest android, just wanted latest security patch so that in case my daily driver fails, I still have this.

You are free not to use this :)