[ROM][UNOFFICIAL]LineageOS-14.1 for N7100 | Android 7.1.2 Nougat [FEB 2024]

Search This thread

M4Master96

@sid2109 @buyukbang and others who are facing issue with sensor, I prepared a test build with different sensor blobs..

@i5510 you can test camera with this build.

Please check and confirm whether this build has changes (if any) over previous builds (can even compare with lineage-14.1-20210208-UNOFFICIAL-n7100.zip as this had old blobs) ?

Clean flash is recommended: lineage-14.1-20210211-UNOFFICIAL-n7100.zip

I am not able to test it as I don't have the device with me right now.. will be able to flash after 1 week.

Fix3dll

Mar 1, 2021
Phone reads my SIM card but cant connect to my ISP. I check my IMEI and its not null. I try both senser blob version. I am using new senser blob version right now.

sid2109

Sep 7, 2018
@sid2109 @buyukbang and others who are facing issue with sensor, I prepared a test build with different sensor blobs..

@i5510 you can test camera with this build.

Please check and confirm whether this build has changes (if any) over previous builds (can even compare with lineage-14.1-20210208-UNOFFICIAL-n7100.zip as this had old blobs) ?

Clean flash is recommended: lineage-14.1-20210211-UNOFFICIAL-n7100.zip

I am not able to test it as I don't have the device with me right now.. will be able to flash after 1 week.

Great work mate!

Will download today and flash it. I'll let you know how it is.

cBirdR

Feb 4, 2011
Yesterday I installed 21.02.08 and could not get GPS working, so just finished a clean flash of 21.02.11. Everything looks good except GPS still not functioning.
I noticed in Settings the only options are 2G and 3G. Is there a way to add more options...like Lite or Global?

sid2109

Sep 7, 2018
I flashed the 11th feb build, seems quite stable except the fact that many sensors still don't work and also GPS.

M4Master96

Yesterday I installed 21.02.08 and could not get GPS working, so just finished a clean flash of 21.02.11. Everything looks good except GPS still not functioning.
I noticed in Settings the only options are 2G and 3G. Is there a way to add more options...like Lite or Global?

Can you try opening Dialer and trying '*#*#4636#*#*#' code and then selecting one of the option ?
I don't remember what to select exactly.

I flashed the 11th feb build, seems quite stable except the fact that many sensors still don't work and also GPS.
Can't help then.
Tried 3 different vendor blobs... none of them is working :(

cBirdR

Feb 4, 2011
Can you try opening Dialer and trying '*#*#4636#*#*#' code and then selecting one of the option ?
I don't remember what to select exactly.

Internet down. I will try this tomorrow when I'm not so frustrated. Thx for response.

Can't help then.
Tried 3 different vendor blobs... none of them is working :(

M4Master96

No bugfixes, only security updates.
The development of LOS 14.1 had stopped in Feb 2019. Now, only Security patches are being pushed to the tree.

I had already replied to you before. Read to your post replies before making duplicate posts :/
For the last time, only security patches... and that is mentioned in the post !!!

Reactions: i5510

M4Master96

@M4Master96 I can do phone call and SMS but cant use mobile internet. Do you know any fix?

My network and sms do not work either. Аналогично не работает сеть.

If you are on lineage-14.1-20210309-UNOFFICIAL-n7100.zip or lineage-14.1-20210208-UNOFFICIAL-n7100.zip, Can you try clean flashing lineage-14.1-20210211-UNOFFICIAL-n7100.zip and check if it works on that build ?

If yes, then I will revert to old blobs.

cBirdR

Feb 4, 2011
Tried this, resulting in "Testing: phone info, usage statistics, wi-fi info". No help there. Took the phone by my carrier (I live in rural Mexico) and was informed by their technician that due to the phone's age only 2G or 3G capable and since their GPS was 4G Lite GPS was not possible. The next day I had GPS! Go figure.

cBirdR

Feb 4, 2011
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OShAoVv.png

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

What's working :

Everything that worked in last OFFICIAL build.

Instructions :
    • Download build and copy it to Internal Memory
    • Reboot to TWRP recovery
    • Create TWRP Backup (Recommended)
    • Flash the latest build (Clean Flash if coming from any other build)
    • Flash Magisk/LineageSU zip (Optional)
    • Flash GApps/MicroG (Optional)
    • Reboot

Downloads :

Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Device Tree: ComicoTeam/android_device_samsung_n7100 (Thanks @ComicoX for maintaining separate device tree)
    Proprietary Files: TheMuppets
    Kernel Source: Here

ROM OS Version: 7.1.2 Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.101
    Security Patch: Feb 2024

Created 2020-11-08
    Last Updated 2024-02-10
    November 2022 Security Patch

Updated link in first post

Note: Uploaded to Sourceforge as I waited for 1 week after opening Issue/Ticket with AFH regarding Upload issues but didn't got any reply/resolution.

TEST Builds

I have also built 2 additional builds, one which use Boeffla Kernel but with Enforcing status and another with stock LOS kernel.

When I tested LOS build, Proximity, Barometer and Gyro were not working. Do give boeffla_enforcing build a try as everything worked for me just like permissive build... so if everything looks good, I will start building with enforcing set to true.

Suggest which build works the most for you so that I can start building that either (can't build 3 versions everytime)
    July 2022 Security Patches

Link updated in first post.
    March 2022 Security Patches

Link updated in first post.

Guys, Updated Build with March Security Patches.

NOTE: I have changed device trees so clean install is recommended!

Also, SELinux Status is Permissive for this build due to Boeffla Kernel.

I got my device to boot and so, I tested these things personally:
    - 3G Network
    - Wifi
    - Bluetooth
    - Adaptive Brightness
    - Camera (Photo and video both, Video recording has audio when I played it via default gallery app)
    - GPS (Checked with Google Maps and GPS Test App)
    - Video in browser and App (Tested YT on Brave browser and PureTuber App)
    - Sensors work (Tested with "Sensor Box for Android" app) - Acceleration Sensor, Light Sensor, Orientation Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Gyroscope Sensor, Sound Sensor, Magnetic Sensor, Pressure Sensor)

Replying to most (if not all) people who had mentioned bugs which I tested in this build:

@AbdAbd10 , @konzi , @iokullu , @test.hazi : I have tested Video playback on Browser and PureTuber app and it worked on both. Please try again with Latest build if you still have the device with you.

@buyukbang : Can you please check the call issue again with latest build if you still have the device with you ?

@ibrahimefsane17 , @cBirdR I have tested GPS via Google Map and GPS Test app and it worked on both. Please try again with Latest build if you still have the device with you.

@sid2109 Can you test the newest build in general if you still have the device ?

@Fix3dll , @afroll can you try 3g with this build ? I just checked whether the device was receiving signal or not. Didn't had any data plan and so was not able to test.

@gedo0087 Kindly use Bitgapps arm with latest LOS 14.1 build

@Winshy , @siegfred101 I have tested and Wifi works. Can you please install latest Modem and then clean install the latest build and check ?

@esysfound new build added with Security Patches upto March 2022

@ntvampire , @Scorpionea : Sorry for the trouble but Please clean flash new Build from 16th March 2022.
    Updated build in #86