[ROM][unOFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1 for Nexus 5 (hammerhead)

Search This thread

mobilityguy

Aug 18, 2010
Boston, MA
OnePlus 7 Pro
Thanks much for the builds! I stopped using my Nexus 5 for much after it came off the supported list. I tried a Pie ROM and the phone was a bit flaky, so it spent a few months in a drawer. I found your builds last month and just updated from the November to December build. Everything is smooth and working. It's great to know there are still people keeping the light on and keeping security current for this excellent phone.

LOS 14 seems to be the sweet spot for many older phones. I hope you are seeing enough interest in your builds to keep going for a long time to come.

JohnMay70

Dec 30, 2019
Same here, greets from UK, the Nov build is working for me with open_gapps-arm-7.1-nano-20191029 (I heard Gapps after that was causing a boot loop)

Mr.FREE_Bird

Nov 5, 2013
Relax Junior, there's no need to create a new account, just to rage around.
To be fair, official builds actually wereteased a while ago, so the questions aren't completely without substance.

But to be fair too, I do understand why GuiltyByRace gets tired of it. M Asad has asked about official support multiple times in this thread, it's getting annoying. He and others already got the response explaining that they should be patient and wait till razorloves gets back to them. And if he doesn't... Well that's an answer too. Then it won't happen, the only thing they could and should do is just keep enjoying unofficial builds.

GuiltyByRace

Jan 29, 2020
But to be fair too, I do understand why GuiltyByRace gets tired of it. M Asad has asked about official support multiple times in this thread, it's getting annoying. He and others already got the response explaining that they should be patient and wait till razorloves gets back to them. And if he doesn't... Well that's an answer too. Then it won't happen, the only thing they could and should do is just keep enjoying unofficial builds.
Busted:silly:...Thank you@Mr.FREE_Bird you told the whole truth and nothing but the truth ..

mobilityguy

Aug 18, 2010
Boston, MA
OnePlus 7 Pro

Fully agree with @Mr.FREE_Bird. GuiltyByRace is doing all of us a favor by making his builds available. He has also answered the question about later versions of LOS several times. It's not only repetitive but also off-topic in a thread called "LineageOS 14.1 for Nexus 5".

unknowndrop

Sep 9, 2012
Hello, I get bootloop (Staying on Google Logo, not lineage boot animation) after flashing magisk. Got the latest twrp/magisk. Even flashed the bootloader/radio to isolate. I flashed the unistaller magisk zip and the phone boots fine.

Any help?

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

Hello, I get bootloop (Staying on Google Logo, not lineage boot animation) after flashing magisk. Got the latest twrp/magisk. Even flashed the bootloader/radio to isolate. I flashed the unistaller magisk zip and the phone boots fine.

Any help?

ridvanb

Apr 20, 2017
Hi, I'm on Nexus 5 Lineageos 14.1 with kinscreen app. I see negative orientation values, and because of this, screen goes off unexpectedly. İs there anybody facing this problem?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200216-005009.png
    Screenshot_20200216-005009.png
    143 KB · Views: 651

tcat007

Jul 3, 2011
Austin, TX
I'm going to flash this on my wife's Hammerhead. It currently has Chroma (5.1), rooted. I'm on 5t Q ROM with magisk 20.3.

What twrp and magisk should I use to upgrade to this rom? She only uses her phone for calling, so minimal gapps is all she needs. I just want to upgrade it for security patches.

Sent from my OnePlus 5T using XDA Labs

sant514

Jun 1, 2014
I'm going to flash this on my wife's Hammerhead. It currently has Chroma (5.1), rooted. I'm on 5t Q ROM with magisk 20.3.

What twrp and magisk should I use to upgrade to this rom? She only uses her phone for calling, so minimal gapps is all she needs. I just want to upgrade it for security patches.

About the Magisk, the version 20.3 is ok.
About TWRP, you has 2 choices:
TWRP 3.3.1-0
TWRP 3.3.1-HH.S.4
The both of them are the same. The difference is this,
the 3.3.1-0 has support in USB-OTG for NTFS only as read, FAT32 (read/write), EXFAT (read/write)
Οn the other hand, the 3.3.1-HH-S.4 has support in USB-OTG for NTFS (read/write) FAT32 (read/write), EXFAT (read/write) .

Reactions: kkjb and tcat007

tcat007

Jul 3, 2011
Austin, TX
No need to increase system partition, right?

1. Flash twrp 3.3.1
2 Wipe everything (except internal)
3. Flash updated radio
4. Flash rom + nano gapps
5. Reboot, setup
6. Flash magisk 20.3

Sound about right?

sant514

Jun 1, 2014
Yes it is right. No need for repartition , only from Android 9 and up it needs repartition but in this choice you will needs TWRP 3.3.1-HH.R.4

Top Liked Posts