• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1 for Wileyfox Swift 2/Plus/X

Search This thread

image45

Nov 16, 2014
York

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180520-144753.png
    Screenshot_20180520-144753.png
    90.1 KB · Views: 511

sam tyler

Jul 28, 2011
I don't use xposed as it clashes with the safety net via magisk.and in turn screws up my banking app,even if I am using magisk hide in its settings,pity as I miss using gravity box and other xposed modules.but I'm glad someone is still working on this ROM.

image45

Nov 16, 2014
York
I don't use xposed as it clashes with the safety net via magisk.and in turn screws up my banking app,even if I am using magisk hide in its settings,pity as I miss using gravity box and other xposed modules.but I'm glad someone is still working on this ROM.

What banking app you on? Currently my two don't have root issues.

Yes safety net is a fail with xposed.

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

My two banking apps are Yorkshire bank and Monza.

I can send you a golden ticket to que jump and join Monza instantly if you wish, as app has no root issues!

sam tyler

Jul 28, 2011
@image45 I use Barclays,and they check if your phone is rooted/have a unlocked bootloader.and magisk helps with that. but as I said,xposed trips the safety net.even the version used with magisk.and I have tried it, but the Barclays app refused to work, again because the safety net is tripped.really it's a balance if you want a working phone or a phone full of apps that crash or just fail to work.but then again,it's up to the user to root their phone and go through the hassle of hiding root.

image45

Nov 16, 2014
York
@image45 I use Barclays,and they check if your phone is rooted/have a unlocked bootloader.and magisk helps with that. but as I said,xposed trips the safety net.even the version used with magisk.and I have tried it, but the Barclays app refused to work, again because the safety net is tripped.really it's a balance if you want a working phone or a phone full of apps that crash or just fail to work.but then again,it's up to the user to root their phone and go through the hassle of hiding root.

Indeed its a juggling act, between having root extended functions and been lock against other apps and features because you have unlocked boot loader, root and xposed.

Like I said if you want to open a Monza bank account just send me a PM with a Mobile number and I will send you a golden ticket link to que jump and create accound straight away.

https://monzo.com

Regards Robert

bujok

Jun 17, 2011
Sosnowiec
Has anybody tried RROS 5.8.5, DotOS or ViperOS? I've found builds for Swift 2 on Androidfilehost. Currently I'm using Viper and everything is working well.
@TTP (Wileyfox Swift 2 X)

sam tyler

Jul 28, 2011
In settings it says may (unless the delvoper has put the wrong date.)I will put up a screenshot

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180606-190027.png
    Screenshot_20180606-190027.png
    64.1 KB · Views: 103
  • Screenshot_20180606-190101.png
    Screenshot_20180606-190101.png
    96.9 KB · Views: 103

image45

Nov 16, 2014
York
Hi,

What is the most stable and best download version?

Chris

The latest, seems fine. All his last few have been 100% fine with no bugs.

However I have had some force closes on apps on latest build with xposed framework running. This was not the case for the previous May build.

Last edited:

sam tyler

Jul 28, 2011
New update from BeYkeRYkt
2018-06-14 no major issues so far but magisk manager stated that it was not installed but after a reboot it was ok but if I tap on safety net check,it says not possible to check safety net due to changes to Google play services and security patch is 5th June here are some screenshots

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180615-132554.png
    Screenshot_20180615-132554.png
    68.5 KB · Views: 109
  • Screenshot_20180615-132707.png
    Screenshot_20180615-132707.png
    64.1 KB · Views: 109
  • Screenshot_20180615-132718.png
    Screenshot_20180615-132718.png
    94.5 KB · Views: 107
  • Screenshot_20180615-132726.png
    Screenshot_20180615-132726.png
    92.4 KB · Views: 109

sam tyler

Jul 28, 2011
Update on the safety net issue doing some research I came across this site https://www.didgeridoohan.com/magisk/HomePage (saw it via a magisk thread) followed what it said,and i now know my phone did pass the safety net test.also there is an app on Google play called safety net playground, I also used this and it came back with a pass.

Last edited:

image45

Nov 16, 2014
York
Update on the safety net issue doing some research I came across this site https://www.didgeridoohan.com/magisk/HomePage (saw it via a magisk thread) followed what it said,and i now know my phone did pass the safety net test.also there is an app on Google play called safety net playground, I also used this and it came back with a pass.

Sorry if this question sounds lazzy, what is the issue? Is it with magisk or the new build please?

sam tyler

Jul 28, 2011
Well magisk (v16.0)worked fine on last build of lineage 2018-06-04 and safety net test worked, but on the latest version of lineage safety net failed (v16.0 magisk) and to quote what the website said about safety net(see last post) this is what it said Cannot check SafetyNet

Don't be alarmed if you get a message when trying to check SafetyNet in the Magisk Manager, stating that it's not possible on a repackaged Manager. It's perfectly normal and is just a side effect of hiding the Magisk Manager. so I'm guessing it's just down to magisk and not the ROM.plus i don't normally do a clean install of this ROM as it's just an update.so really the safety net fail is a known fault within magisk,and nothing to panic about.

Reactions: image45

sam tyler

Jul 28, 2011
On all the time I've used the lineage ROM for this phone, when I update I just select install (in twrp) no wipes.with magisk I update it through the magisk manager(as the instructions tells you).only the first time I installed lineage I wiped data/cache. when updating a ROM you shouldn't have to wipe, only if the delvoper tells you(and only wipe if you get f.c.'s. if the update gives bad problems then you have to do a fresh install)when the OTA version was available,you didn't have to wipe anything.and with all previous versions I never had any force close's (or problems with magisk) and with this version of lineage I don't get any f.c.'s

Last edited:

image45

Nov 16, 2014
York
On all the time I've used the lineage ROM for this phone, when I update I just select install (in twrp) no wipes.with magisk I update it through the magisk manager(as the instructions tells you).only the first time I installed lineage I wiped data/cache. when updating a ROM you shouldn't have to wipe, only if the delvoper tells you(and only wipe if you get f.c.'s. if the update gives bad problems then you have to do a fresh install)when the OTA version was available,you didn't have to wipe anything.and with all previous versions I never had any force close's (or problems with magisk) and with this version of lineage I don't get any f.c.'s

plus i don't normally do a clean install of this ROM as it's just an update.so really the safety net fail is a known fault within magisk,and nothing to panic about.

So from TWRP you just installed the updated ROM zip, then the Magisk.zip and rebooted!

Did you do a cache wipe at any point?

I updated to the Friday 15th June build, using my normally method, TWRP back up, install new update with no wipes, then reflashed magisk.zip and rebooted. Tweaked a few buildprop areas and removed unwanted system apps, then I run a cache wipe and checked safety net and found no issues.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo-2.png

/*
    * Your warranty is... still valid?
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

"LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1.2 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo (without device tree/kernel/vendor repos). And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit."

What's working:
    • Boots
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Fingerprint
    • NFC
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Camcorder
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • LED
    • GPS
    • SELinux

Installation:
    • Download the zip(s)
    • Install a compatible Recovery (TWRP recovery recommended)
    • Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    • Wipe data/factory reset
    • Flash LineageOS
    • Optional: Install the Google Apps addon http://opengapps.org/
    • Reboot

Download:
    Source code:

Credits:
    • LineageOS Team & Contributors
    • Code Aurora Forum
    • BeYkeRYkt

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 14.1 UNOFFICIAL, ROM for the Wileyfox Swift 2

Contributors
    VBCerobil, BeYkeRYkt, vm03, image45
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TOS319I
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-09-17
    Last Updated 2018-02-27
    Allright, so I ordered a Samsung 1Tb SSD today (evil laugh) should arrive here in 2 weeks, will update the OTA as soon as ready... :) I'll have to use different webspace which is free, so the next update will need to be downloaded again and installed manually. Sorry for the disturbance, won't happen again... :)
    Status update: I formated my 250Gb SSD instead of waiting for the 1TB one, byebye windows, installed ubuntu, prepared it, syncing worktree right now... Compiling starts today... Goal is first to create a workable rom again with the OTA server modified which I can release here and create a second rom to test if the OTA works... After this, it's releasing time again.
    For those who dare: -> Already offline...
    http://35.188.116.236/LineageOTA/builds/full/lineage-14.1-20180403-UNOFFICIAL-marmite.zip

I moved completely to google cloud to build and host as it's for now the fastest and cheapest (140 days left) this is just a lineage update with the march security patches that points to the new location for OTA, nothing else has changed yet...

EDIT: Be aware, lineage made a security notification that you can only get rid of after rooting your phone, so be aware... Be very aware...