• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1 for Wileyfox Swift 2/Plus/X

Search This thread

image45

Nov 16, 2014
York
Where would I find that script? There's nothing in the lineage zip that looks like an updater script that includes the bootloader ID.

I haven't tried installing 317G yet. I think I'll try installing the full 249H zip, then try lineage again. I can do that right? I've only flashed system/boot/recovery images through "fastboot flash" for now.

Unzip the Los 14.1 rom.zip file and edit the updater file to reflect your bootloader version! Save it and then install via TWRP.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180713-190438.png
    Screenshot_20180713-190438.png
    246 KB · Views: 153
  • Screenshot_20180713-190721.png
    Screenshot_20180713-190721.png
    185.4 KB · Views: 159
Reactions: Idontwantanaccount
Feb 7, 2017
Unzip the Los 14.1 rom.zip file and edit the updater file to reflect your bootloader version! Save it and then install via TWRP.

Thanks for the file names. I didn't know they were four folders deep in the zip. I unzipped, took the entire assert statement (line 2) out of updater-script, saved and rezipped. I'll flash everything to TOS249H and start fresh with this new zip.

JavaVOBIS

Jan 30, 2017
It didn't affect my bootloader version. I tried flashing the bootloader zip I mentioned earlier and it gave me a lot of "is up to date" messages and didn't change anything. How do I make the lineage zip compatible with my bootloader?
0. Download and install notepad++
1. Unpack LineageOS to desktop.
2. Open updater-script in META-INF/com/google/android/
3. Delete the line (getprop("ro.product.device") == "marmite" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "marmite") || abort("This package is for "marmite" devices
this is a "" + getprop("ro.product.device") + "".");
3.5. Save file.
4. Create zip file and try to flash. :D

Feb 7, 2017
3. Delete the line (getprop("ro.product.device") == "marmite" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "marmite") || abort("This package is for "marmite" devices
this is a "" + getprop("ro.product.device") + "".");

Probably best if I don't delete that line, that seems like a pretty important assert.:silly: I deleted the line below it.

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

1. I got everything back to stock
2. made sure it booted
3. flashed TWRP
4. flashed the zip I made with the removed bootloader check
5. flashed Magisk v16.6
6. tried to flash gapps but it turned out I had the wrong package, so I'll do that later
7. booted
I got to the home screen, looks like everything works. Time to settle in.

image45

Nov 16, 2014
York
Thanks for the file names. I didn't know they were four folders deep in the zip. I unzipped, took the entire assert statement (line 2) out of updater-script, saved and rezipped. I'll flash everything to TOS249H and start fresh with this new zip.

Yes of course, you can remove the rule too and that also circumvents the error, as its only been added by the author as a rule for TWRP to follow before running the main installation script.

Glad your now in a position to install Los 14.1 now.

For reference this is the most stable build I have run on my swift 2 plus, lineage-14.1-20180507-UNOFFICIAL-marmite

https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=674106145207485738

image45

Nov 16, 2014
York
Still trying to find a twrp for 8.1 can't even sign up for the twrp on 4PDA as the sign up is all in Russian (Google translate doesn't help) so installing ROMs etc will be awhile yet.

It will actually install on the latest official build of TWRP with no issues on the 7.1.2 bootloader version.

If you just want a working Oreo 8.1 ROM then give it a go, I did ( Well I had a look) on Magisk and integrated system root.

Attachments

• Screenshot_crDroid_Home_20180714-153221.jpg
    Screenshot_crDroid_Home_20180714-153221.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 140
  • Screenshot_Settings_20180714-152434.png
    Screenshot_Settings_20180714-152434.png
    66.1 KB · Views: 149
  • Screenshot_crDroid_Home_20180714-152004.jpg
    Screenshot_crDroid_Home_20180714-152004.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 152

sam tyler

Jul 28, 2011
As I said I'm on stock 8.1 now.if you install 3.2.2.0 twrp,there is mount data issues and twrp does not see internal storage.and with issues trying to get the Oreo twrp from(sign up issues)4PDA, is that CR ROM for 7.1 and tweeted to look like 8.1 or built for 8.1? but if it is,I still have the same problem of installing it.no twrp,no install.might be easier to roll back to 7.1 lineage as didn't have any problems with twrp etc.

image45

Nov 16, 2014
York
Is that CR ROM for 7.1 and tweeted to look like 8.1 or built for 8.1? but if it is,I still have the same problem of installing it.no twrp,no install.might be easier to roll back to 7.1 lineage as didn't have any problems with twrp etc.

No its a 8.1 Oreo build, I have restored my 7.1.2 Los 14.1 ROM after check the CR ROM out with no issues at all?

Dggrr

Jan 12, 2007
Dumb question but please bear with me!

Can someone help me build this from source so that I can get the latest security patches?

I have a Nexus 7 build for an unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 working fine, and have created a separate directory for the Swift2. So I think my Ubuntu system is OK.

In ~/Swift2 I have done a repo init, git clone and repo sync -c of the LineageOS cm-14.1 tree and then a "git pull" of the Device, Kernel and Vendor repositories in the first post but these populate android_device_wileyfox_marmite, android_kernel_wileyfox_msm8937 and proprietary_vendor_wileyfox within my Swift2 directory.

What should be my next step? my tree does not seem to recognise "marmite"

nikith290

Mar 9, 2016
Novosibirsk
Is it possible that twrp is conflicting with data encryption? I had this issue on my Wileyfox Swift (the 1st one) and using adb to either push or flash zips seemed to work.

Official TWRP dont work normally with 8.1 .

vm03 made a custom TWRP build with f2fs support: http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=894518&view=findpost&p=78315992 (posted by me, but vm03 made it)
This build uses newer blobs and kernel, so it works fine with /data encryption.

reggiexp

Dec 2, 2010
{^_*}
question, lineageos 14 seems more stable then the 15 from comment i read of the threads.
what is best to install?
i got 2 wileyfox swift 2. updated on to the latested official rom and hate it lol pure android almost dont like it. so i kept the other one on android 6 with cyangenmod. and for some reason ever since i updated the other one the screen has a yellow tint.. for some reason. that it didnt have on cyangenmod...

Reactions: bartiest

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo-2.png

/*
    * Your warranty is... still valid?
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

"LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1.2 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo (without device tree/kernel/vendor repos). And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit."

What's working:
    • Boots
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Fingerprint
    • NFC
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Camcorder
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • LED
    • GPS
    • SELinux

Installation:
    • Download the zip(s)
    • Install a compatible Recovery (TWRP recovery recommended)
    • Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    • Wipe data/factory reset
    • Flash LineageOS
    • Optional: Install the Google Apps addon http://opengapps.org/
    • Reboot

Download:
    Source code:

Credits:
    • LineageOS Team & Contributors
    • Code Aurora Forum
    • BeYkeRYkt

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 14.1 UNOFFICIAL, ROM for the Wileyfox Swift 2

Contributors
    VBCerobil, BeYkeRYkt, vm03, image45
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TOS319I
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-09-17
    Last Updated 2018-02-27
    Allright, so I ordered a Samsung 1Tb SSD today (evil laugh) should arrive here in 2 weeks, will update the OTA as soon as ready... :) I'll have to use different webspace which is free, so the next update will need to be downloaded again and installed manually. Sorry for the disturbance, won't happen again... :)
    Status update: I formated my 250Gb SSD instead of waiting for the 1TB one, byebye windows, installed ubuntu, prepared it, syncing worktree right now... Compiling starts today... Goal is first to create a workable rom again with the OTA server modified which I can release here and create a second rom to test if the OTA works... After this, it's releasing time again.
    For those who dare: -> Already offline...
    http://35.188.116.236/LineageOTA/builds/full/lineage-14.1-20180403-UNOFFICIAL-marmite.zip

I moved completely to google cloud to build and host as it's for now the fastest and cheapest (140 days left) this is just a lineage update with the march security patches that points to the new location for OTA, nothing else has changed yet...

EDIT: Be aware, lineage made a security notification that you can only get rid of after rooting your phone, so be aware... Be very aware...