Still trying to find a twrp for 8.1 can't even sign up for the twrp on 4PDA as the sign up is all in Russian (Google translate doesn't help) so installing ROMs etc will be awhile yet.
Where would I find that script? There's nothing in the lineage zip that looks like an updater script that includes the bootloader ID.
I haven't tried installing 317G yet. I think I'll try installing the full 249H zip, then try lineage again. I can do that right? I've only flashed system/boot/recovery images through "fastboot flash" for now.
It seems all roads lead to 4PDA. if the developer of that recovery puts it on the twrp site or makes it freely available,we will be just be going around in circles.
0. Download and install notepad++
* Your warranty is... still valid?
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.