[ROM] [UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1 | Lenovo TB-X103F | 7.1.2

Search This thread

307pavlos

Aug 14, 2012
1 thing that seems to not be working is the adb drivers. None of the nougat rom releases support usb debugging. Any idea?

othewise rom is ok! it works and i think the consumption is around 5-10% imporved

SunsetWolf

Jul 8, 2020
Fundão
Sound Problem

When i installed the last version (2019 one) works fine but the sound as distortion and high volume but if i install the first version all works but camera and radio fm doesn't work and doesn't have som much performance pls anyone help me with this bug or whatever but i need the sound "working" btw the last bersion of RR for this tablet as the same problem.
Cheers

Gwadakraft

Sep 7, 2020
Black Screen.

Hi Guys !
I ve been installing the past Build of Lineage with TWRP.
At the reboot, I have a black screen lighted but nothing. I have a sound when i push the On/Off button.
But nothing.
SomeOne have an idea , plz ?

jcavv

Nov 4, 2020
thanks for the ROM, much speedier than stock! I have an issue connecting to the internet via wifi, it seems my MAC address has disappeared. radio seems to work fine as I can connect to my router, just not the internet (NAT needs a MAC address). I can also connect to the internet via bluetooth tethering using my phone. Settings say MAC address unavailable. Is there a quick fix for this?

Thanks!

dajpereira

Dec 28, 2014
Just did the flash of the ROM and Gapps and my camera still doesn't work. I need it to work so my kid get synchronous classes. What can I do?

Last edited:

Mendozayt

Jan 23, 2021
[QUOTE = "deadman96385, publicación: 78576496, miembro: 4222965"]
Hola, he pedido una de estas tabletas, mientras tanto, descargué el último firmware qpst flashable para él desde un sitio pago al que pertenezco también. Incluye la manguera de incendios para el dispositivo. Aquí está por si aún no lo tenías.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410963190603888971
[/CITA]
[QUOTE = "deadman96385, publicación: 78576496, miembro: 4222965"]
Hola, he pedido una de estas tabletas, mientras tanto, descargué el último firmware qpst flashable para él desde un sitio pago al que pertenezco también. Incluye la manguera de incendios para el dispositivo. Aquí está por si aún no lo tenías.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410963190603888971
[/CITA]
Ha podido probar cómo funciona con este firmware qpts flashable?

Mendozayt

Jan 23, 2021
[QUOTE = "superdragonpt, publicación: 78534216, miembro: 5238428"]
Ok, la próxima versión tendrá algunos cambios en lo que respecta a la asignación de memoria / zram
El actual (también en stock) 512 mb de intercambio es demasiado para este dispositivo, sacando demasiada RAM preciosa (real), hasta + 100 MB de RAM real utilizada por el intercambio virtual de 512 mb ...

Ram es el único recurso que necesita más atención en este dispositivo.

Salud
[/CITA]

Mendozayt

Jan 23, 2021
[QUOTE = "Mendozayt, publicación: 84606317, miembro: 11409257"]
[QUOTE = "superdragonpt, publicación: 78534216, miembro: 5238428"]
Ok, la próxima versión tendrá algunos cambios en lo que respeta a la asignación de memoria / zram
El actual (también en stock) 512 mb de intercambio es demasiado para este dispositivo, sacando demasiada RAM preciosa (real), hasta + 100 MB de RAM real usada por el intercambio virtual de 512 mb ...

Ram es el único recurso que necesita más atención en este dispositivo.

Salud
[/ CITA]
[/CITA]
Saludos, he buscado sin éxito, hay alguna actualización oficial o nueva versión de Lineage 14.1 OS, para esta tablet?

Mar 2, 2021
Samsung Galaxy M20
Front Camera Not working on the latest version of Lineage OS 14.1 for TB-X103F

Hi all!
Just a few days back, I managed to install Lineage OS 14.1 (2019/11/5 Patch) ROM on my Lenovo TB-X103F with the 1GB RAM variant. Along with that, I installed Gapps Micro for ARM [32-bit], add-on for SU and SuperSu v2.82. [ I have root access and TWRP 3.0.2.0 Beta up and running; no problems with that.]

Despite the devs assuring that both of the cameras work with the latest ROM. I still find the front camera to not work at all. The back camera works well with the default Camera App with video support also; something that wasn't available when I installed the very first version of the ROM.

The Camera app won't budge and would never open if I attempted to change camera to the front one. It would show the "Can't open Camera" error and then I can't open the app again (unless I clear app-data). I installed 'Open Camera' from PlayStore and that works for me to take pics & vids on the back camera. Still front camera doesn't work.
Another annoying issue is that some apps like Adobe Scan won't work on the tablet despite using only back camera [possibly because it captures footage from the camera app ].
Also Zoom can't detect the front camera and continuously says that the ' camera is used by another app '

Due to mistakes (possibly) while rooting the stock ROM to flash TWRP, I got the stock ROM files corrupted and the tablet won't boot.
... hence I deleted everything, flashed TWRP in the way I was supposed to do so, and installed the first version of the ROM.

This means that I can't go back to the stock ROM to check whether the actual hardware failed or not.
(is it possible to install Stock ROM using TWRP? pls tell me how)

.... then faced the camera problem, browsed the net for solutions, learned that updating ROM to the latest one may fix the prob { but it didn't } and now I am here.

Is there an easy fix to this?? It seems that some of you have no camera problems whatsoever, so I think its fixable. Please tell me what to do.

The ROM is amazing! I am getting features and control over my device that I couldn't even think of, due to the duopoly of Google and Lenovo on me and my device, with the stock ROM.
However, I have noticed that the newer version of the ROM is a tad bit slower than the older version [2017.]
Thanks devs! Maybe one day, I might join you guys.
Will appreciate any help or suggestion :)

Last edited:

ingelectronico

Sep 22, 2008
Front Camera Not working on the latest version of Lineage OS 14.1 for TB-X103F

Hi all!
Just a few days back, I managed to install Lineage OS 14.1 (2019/11/5 Patch) ROM on my Lenovo TB-X103F with the 1GB RAM variant. Along with that, I installed Gapps Micro for ARM [32-bit], add-on for SU and SuperSu v2.82. [ I have root access and TWRP 3.0.2.0 Beta up and running; no problems with that.]

Despite the devs assuring that both of the cameras work with the latest ROM. I still find the front camera to not work at all. The back camera works well with the default Camera App with video support also; something that wasn't available when I installed the very first version of the ROM.

The Camera app won't budge and would never open if I attempted to change camera to the front one. It would show the "Can't open Camera" error and then I can't open the app again (unless I clear app-data). I installed 'Open Camera' from PlayStore and that works for me to take pics & vids on the back camera. Still front camera doesn't work.
Another annoying issue is that some apps like Adobe Scan won't work on the tablet despite using only back camera [possibly because it captures footage from the camera app ].
Also Zoom can't detect the front camera and continuously says that the ' camera is used by another app '

Due to mistakes (possibly) while rooting the stock ROM to flash TWRP, I got the stock ROM files corrupted and the tablet won't boot.
... hence I deleted everything, flashed TWRP in the way I was supposed to do so, and installed the first version of the ROM.

This means that I can't go back to the stock ROM to check whether the actual hardware failed or not.
(is it possible to install Stock ROM using TWRP? pls tell me how)

.... then faced the camera problem, browsed the net for solutions, learned that updating ROM to the latest one may fix the prob { but it didn't } and now I am here.

Is there an easy fix to this?? It seems that some of you have no camera problems whatsoever, so I think its fixable. Please tell me what to do.

The ROM is amazing! I am getting features and control over my device that I couldn't even think of, due to the duopoly of Google and Lenovo on me and my device, with the stock ROM.
However, I have noticed that the newer version of the ROM is a tad bit slower than the older version [2017.]
Thanks devs! Maybe one day, I might join you guys.
Will appreciate any help or suggestion :)
Yes, I´m having the same issue. Tried with Lineage, AOSP and Resurrection Remix and all have the same issue. AOSP doesn´t even allow to use the back camera, which for the other roms do work.

rpkruks

Nov 16, 2016
Build: 20191124

• Rom Updated to latest patch level 2019-11-05
  • Kernel: Disable CRC for a bit more performance
  • Device: Merged (most) of @deadman96385 clean up and changes, thanks for the cleaning ;)
    (left out offended commits that where leading to constant reboots, and that broke camera), check my github for more info
  • Recents optimizations
  • Actually Enable KSM
  • zram: decrease it's size (512 > 256mb) for a bit more performance
  • ART: some tuning
  • etc

I would advice doing full wipes on this build ...

cheers
Thank you so much to @superdragonpt for making and @deadman96385 for adding additional tweaks to it.

My tabs which was dead and out now works smoothly.

Thanks again.

Mar 2, 2021
Samsung Galaxy M20
Question: regarding vendor file flash
So far I've learnt that flashing vendor files may fix driver related problems on a custom rom.

So, should I Flash the vendor files [ by @bbelos ] directly to the tablet to fix the front cam problems???

also, please tell me the order to flash. Is it...
Vendor-zip --> Rom+Gapps
-or-
Rom+Gapps --> vendor-zip

superdragonpt

Recognized Developer
Apr 27, 2013
Lisbon / Taiwan / USA
www.caixamagica.pt
Front camera not working?
All I can think of is a newer hardware revision with some new selfie camera image sensor being used.

Did any of the custom ROMs available worked for you ( front camera working)?

As for the volume level, there's no consensus among users:
On the first build it was low, then I increased it ( a lot) , then I decreased it a bit on the last build.
As for the sound quality, ye it isn't that great on this tablet

Either way, I already fetch last lineageos source and I've been around it , just need to fix some errors on my build environment caused by source update and repo

Cheers

D

Deleted member 11893973

Front camera not working?
All I can think of is a newer hardware revision with some new selfie camera image sensor being used.

Did any of the custom ROMs available worked for you ( front camera working)?

As for the volume level, there's no consensus among users:
On the first build it was low, then I increased it ( a lot) , then I decreased it a bit on the last build.
As for the sound quality, ye it isn't that great on this tablet

Either way, I already fetch last lineageos source and I've been around it , just need to fix some errors on my build environment caused by source update and repo

Cheers
In the next build could you please fix the bug that crashes the settings after opening security to change the pin, the cut out in the recent open apps and multi user support buggy (like changing the background to black), even if you don't fix this, hope to see the new update, thanks for maintaining this device alive!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 11893973

Ok I decided to decompile the rom and make my changes, now I'm not that good in Android overall but let's give it a try, I decided to add the landscape boot animation from @deadman96385 and also the system ui to fix the ui glitch in the recent open apps, I also remove most of the system app that in my opinion are not needed (this includes the music player, the camera, weather service, calendar and other stuff) decided to add Greenify pre installed to help the slowness of the tablet by freezing apps, but I still don't know if this is gonna flash I also don't know if anyone wants this rom, until the next update of the dev.
Cheers 👋

D

Deleted member 11893973

Question: regarding vendor file flash
So far I've learnt that flashing vendor files may fix driver related problems on a custom rom.

So, should I Flash the vendor files [ by @bbelos ] directly to the tablet to fix the front cam problems???

also, please tell me the order to flash. Is it...
Vendor-zip --> Rom+Gapps
-or-
Rom+Gapps --> vendor-zip
Tried to flash the zip file however it fails because the zip is not flashable, I copied the vendor from @superdragonpt into the rom, repack it and the camera still doesn't work and after searching for a little bit I discovered that to flash a vendor it needs to be an image and not a zip so only @bbelos or @superdragonpt can make a flashable vendor image to see if it fixes the problem or try to see why the frontal camera doesn't work, also I got my build working today but i'm not sure if it's 100% working, probably post it tomorrow because i don't have an AndroidFileHost account.
Cheers 😁

Regbox80

Dec 2, 2021
Hi, thanks for your work. I am a newbie and tried to follow everything but I get stuck here. Tried internal and external storage. Tried 2 different twrp versions

I try using tb-x103f, and I just find roms for without b: tb-x103f

Attachments

• IMG_20211202_185020.jpg
    IMG_20211202_185020.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 150
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer:
    LineageOS (Lineage Android Distribution) members or anyone else on this website is not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.

How to Install:
    1- BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP
    2 - Unlock bootloader via fastboot
    3 - Flash TWRP
    4 - Move Rom & Gapps into internal storage
    5 - Full Wipes
    6- Flash Rom & Gapps (OPTIONAL)

WORKING:
    -Mostly all

NOT Working:
    -SE Linux is Permissive
    - Video, Camcorder FIXED
    - You tell me

GPL:
    device:
    https://github.com/dragonpt/android_device_lenovo_x103f
    vendor:
    https://github.com/dragonpt/proprietary_vendor_lenovo_x103f
    kernel:
    https://github.com/dragonpt/android_kernel_lenovo_msm8909

Thanks
    @bbelos (all the initial bring up)
    @GartimusPrime
    LineageOS

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] [UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1 | Lenovo TB-X103F | 7.1.2, ROM for the Android General

Contributors
    superdragonpt, bbelos, GartimusPrime
    Source Code: https://github.com/dragonpt

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlock BL, TWRP
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2018-12-14
    Last Updated 2018-12-14
    Changelogs / Downloads

ChangeLogs:

Build: 20181213

• First Release
    • build.id=NJH47F
    • version.release=7.1.2
    • Security_patch=2018-11-05

Device Specifics Changes:

• Custom Kernel (upstream, fixs, etc)
    • Increase Volume Level
    • Fix (mostly) of speakers *pop* issues
    • Memory management improvements
    • Other stuff ...

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410963190603873991

Build: 20181214

• Fix Video Recording & media server issues
    • Update GPU Adreno blobs ( Better UI / UX )
    • Add missing OMX codecs
    • Update and fine tune mediacodec performance values

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410963190603875272

Build: 20181215

Build: 20191124

• Rom Updated to latest patch level 2019-11-05
    • Kernel: Disable CRC for a bit more performance
    • Device: Merged (most) of @deadman96385 clean up and changes, thanks for the cleaning ;)
      (left out offended commits that where leading to constant reboots, and that broke camera), check my github for more info
    • Recents optimizations
    • Actually Enable KSM
    • zram: decrease it's size (512 > 256mb) for a bit more performance
    • ART: some tuning
    • etc

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261644319

FAQ

Small FAQ:

Q: How can i Unlock Bootloader & flash TWRP?
    A:
    Instructions for Unlocking Bootloader & TWRP can be found here

Q: How can i root this rom?
    A: You need to flash LineageOS root addon via TWRP, download from here
    Choose the Version 14.1 "addonsu-14.1-arm-signed.zip"
    --> Then go to Settings > Developer Options > Choose your root access
    New build is up

Build: 20181215

• Add FMRadio support

Cheers :laugh:
    Been working on improving the device tree

Changelog:
    First boot now takes only 3 minutes instead of 6 1/2 minutes!
    Dual band wifi, background scanning, batched scanning is now enabled
    Enabled multiuser support
    Landscape boot animation
    Went to the default statusbar icon layout
    Removed the flash permission so the flashlight tile doesn't show up
    Enabled basic support for sip/voip same as stock
    Enabled lockscreen rotation
    Lowered the speaker volume just a tad
    misc other minor changes

This is on top of a general reformat of the device tree so it is a lot cleaner and easier to manage for future builds.

Device Tree
    Kernel Source
    Vendor Tree

2-5-19 build
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410963190603915420

I have also rebuilt twrp so it is landscape and the tree is clean and small it uses a prebuilt kernel/dt but they are binaries generated from the kernel source linked below

Device Tree
    Kernel Source

twrp-3.2.3-0