• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1 Nightlies for the Google Pixel (marlin/sailfish)

Search This thread

admiralspeedy

Dec 22, 2011
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7
Yes, I was aware of that "fix". And it's already merged.
But it does not work.
Google Camera 30fps video still crashes.
I was just letting him know the fix he was told about does not work.
The fix being to remove FFMPEG from /system/etc/media_codecs.

I even tried deleting the media_FFMPG file and duplicating at /system_root/etc/.

Yah, in the post of yours that I quoted it wasn't obvious that you had already tested it and as far as I know it's not actually merged yet anyways (unless he cherry picked it). But I did test it myself and, you are correct, it doesn't work.

Reactions: jnclocker

Reechings

Jan 22, 2012
Can someone check on this ROM if you are actually getting unlimited Google Photos storage? Someone in RR thread has noticed that even though it says in the app that it recognizes the Pixel, your actual storage is getting used up if you check under Google account settings.

Sent from my Pixel XL using XDA Labs

Jikenda

Jul 20, 2010
San Diego, CA
Can someone check on this ROM if you are actually getting unlimited Google Photos storage? Someone in RR thread has noticed that even though it says in the app that it recognizes the Pixel, your actual storage is getting used up if you check under Google account settings.
I'm on the 05/06 ROM and my Pixel is recognized and showing unlimited storage.

names

Jun 28, 2013
This may have been addressed elsewhere on XDA, but what is the reasoning for LTE not showing up when on Verizon? Is this an issue with custom roms specific to the Pixel?

Reechings

Jan 22, 2012
I just checked the account settings and you're right. Photos are counting towards the storage space allotted. Not cool and thanks for the heads-up on that. Also, sorry for the misinformation.

Thanks for confirming. This is worrisome because I'm not sure how easy it will be to fix. As much as stock Android can be nice, there's no way I could go back to it now.

Sent from my Pixel XL using XDA Labs

Namelesswonder

Thanks for confirming. This is worrisome because I'm not sure how easy it will be to fix.

Could potentially just be a missed app that handles the feature or a configuration that is missing. What concerns me though is that it has been several months with a lot of people testing the feature outside of the stock ROM and it's only been now that we've discovered this. I have a feeling that there was a Photos update and/or a server side change to block out this. I'm going to try installing an old version of Photos to see if this changes. Also a quick note, the storage displays are delayed by a little bit. I noticed on the Google account page that it would take about 3 minutes for it to completely increment after I uploaded a bunch of photos and the listing for storage in the menu in the Drive app is delayed by like 30 minutes.

In other news, I made a couple custom recovery flashables to get the ROM close to stock and more. AptX Enabler will simply drop the Apt-X encoder files from here into /vendor and you should immediately be able to use Apt-X Bluetooth devices. The Pixel Launcher Now Feed Enabler will install the Pixel Launcher into /system/priv-app to enable the Now feed integration and also installs the Pixel icons, however I haven't been able to get them to apply yet but I've included it in case it's a simple change or setting to get it working. Make sure you uninstall the Pixel Launcher first if you have installed it from the Play Store.

I've tested these and they work, but the only thing I haven't tested is whether or not you'll be able to flash them after flashing the ROM without booting the ROM at least once.

The Pixel Launcher will get removed after any subsequent ROM updates as I haven't gotten any addon.d scripts worked out yet, so make sure you still have Trebuchet enabled as a backup. Apt-X encoder should survive though. Also I'm still SafetyNet certified after this.

EDIT: Updated Apt-X Enabler to V2 which now installs the encoder to both vendor_a and vendor_b, allowing you to continue using it when you do an A/B update and the active slot switches. This one is Pixel specific, so if you don't have one then don't flash it.

EDIT 2: Any updates done will be continued in the thread here.
File are attached below.

Attachments

• AptXEnabler_LOS.zip
    22.7 KB · Views: 23
  • PixelLauncherNowFeedEnabler_LOS.zip
    2 MB · Views: 19
  • AptXEnablerV2_PixelOnly_LOS.zip
    22.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

invisiblek

Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2010
Minnesota
www.invisiblek.org
I just checked the account settings and you're right. Photos are counting towards the storage space allotted. Not cool and thanks for the heads-up on that. Also, sorry for the misinformation.
Where is this? I was sure this was working at some point.

This may have been addressed elsewhere on XDA, but what is the reasoning for LTE not showing up when on Verizon? Is this an issue with custom roms specific to the Pixel?
This is fine here...do you have the N2G47O baseband?

I've tested these and they work, but the only thing I haven't tested is whether or not you'll be able to flash them after flashing the ROM without booting the ROM at least once.

The Pixel Launcher will get removed after any subsequent ROM updates as I haven't gotten any addon.d scripts worked out yet, so make sure you still have Trebuchet enabled as a backup. Apt-X encoder should survive though. Also I'm still SafetyNet certified after this.
You can probably switch the slot from the reboot menu in twrp to flash these directly after your rom. Addon.d isn't going to work, at all currently. A/B update zips do not include the necessary scripts/hooks to make it happen. Its in the works though.

Reactions: Namelesswonder

Namelesswonder

You can probably switch the slot from the reboot menu in twrp to flash these directly after your rom. Addon.d isn't going to work, at all currently. A/B update zips do not include the necessary scripts/hooks to make it happen. Its in the works though.
Ah, haven't dealt with A/B updates before. Going to go do some testing then.

Where is this? I was sure this was working at some point.
https://www.google.com/settings/storage
Clicking on view details will show a breakdown of how much each service is using, including Photos. You can try uploading a 100MB video through Photos and if you refresh the page about 5 minutes after it's done you'll see the usage has gone up. There has to be some change Google has done server side or via Google Play Services. I installed Google Photos 2.3.0 from after the Pixel was released and uploading items ends up still counting against your storage.

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX
In other news, I made a couple custom recovery flashables to get the ROM close to stock and more. AptX Enabler will simply drop the Apt-X encoder files from here into /vendor and you should immediately be able to use Apt-X Bluetooth devices.

Holy moly it works!
I had spent at least 20 hours over a period of several weeks trying to get a flashable zip to work but never could figure it out.
I could get things to flash outside of system but nothing inside of system.

Could you please post your zips in my AptX thread?
I can then edit the OP to link to your post, with your permission.

Good job, Sir.
So many people haven't bothered with the aptX because there was no flashable zip. :good:

EDIT: Or better yet, start your own aptX thread so you can get some :thanks: :up: :)

Last edited:

names

Jun 28, 2013
Hopefully that fixes it! Let us know
Thanks for you help thus far. I tried flashing the L build but upon boot it's giving an error requesting the O build. After ignoring the error message I see that 3G is still all I can seem to pickup.
All help appreciated, keeping this in the thread in case someone else encounters the same issue.

Namelesswonder

Thanks for you help thus far. I tried flashing the L build but upon boot it's giving an error requesting the O build. After ignoring the error message I see that 3G is still all I can seem to pickup.
All help appreciated, keeping this in the thread in case someone else encounters the same issue.

Flash N2G47O to your device, flash the ROM, and flash radio 20170329 from NHG47L and flash the modem (fastboot flash modem modem.img) from the image zip for NHG47L. If you still get a prompt to install the N2G47O vendor then just flash the vendor.img for N2G47O. I think the fastboot update command doesn't apply the vendor image to both A/B partitions, only one, so you can end up with a different vendor when the ROM switches the active slot.

l0rd_VAd3r

May 12, 2017
This is great that the Pixel is in the process of getting Lineage support. I am currently thinking about getting a Pixel XL but I am currently looking to see if Lineage can be built and flashed on it.
For the people who have install Lineage on the Pixel how usable it. I dont use Gapps so if all the main issues are with Gapps then is Lineage on Pixel pretty stable without them?

Looking forward to following the progress.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Unofficial LineageOS Builds
    Pixel XL (marlin): https://updater.invisiblek.org/marlin
    Pixel (sailfish): https://updater.invisiblek.org/sailfish

Google apps
    Google apps (opengapps nano) are baked in to these builds. This is due to the A/B partition layout and complications backing up/restoring gapps between builds. This is not ideal, and is the major road block to getting this device in to official status with Lineage. I also include the Google camera app rather than Camera2 or Snap since it works much better.

Source
    While I update the official LineageOS trees with completely usable source, these builds include a few more experimental things than what I would include in official Lineage builds, pending that ever happens. The device and kernel repos that these builds are based off are from my github.

Installation
    The easiest way to install LineageOS is to load up twrp (see twrp thread on how to do that) and flash the zip from above for your pixel variant (marlin/sailfish). After that, the built-in updater app should handle future updates via A/B updates within android. Beware this feature is still a work in progress and can be broken at any time as well. If for whatever reason the install fails through the updater app, loading up twrp again and flashing a newer zip is perfectly acceptable.

The LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1 Nightlies for the Google Pixel (marlin/sailfish), ROM for the Google Pixel XL

Contributors
    invisiblek
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat

Version Information

Created 2017-05-05
    Last Updated 2017-05-05
    I just uploaded a marlin build (sailfish on the way shortly) that should address the bluetooth issues that have been going on lately. It's using a completely AOSP-based bluetooth stack rather than the caf one in mainline Lineage which hasn't turned out to be too good on the pixel.

I doubt I'll be uploading any more builds for N for either of these (barring any major bugs being found).

EDIT: sailfish build is up
    I'm seeing some radio issues with my Verizon Google Pixel. What's the proper way to flash-all before flashing this ROM? Use the files from NHG47Q but the vendor.img from NJH47F?

Always use everything from the AOSP version that matches the fingerprint found here: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_google_marlin/blob/cm-14.1/lineage.mk#L22
    Except boot, recovery and system.

On another note: I'll be rolling another build relatively soon. Verity was on for that last build (whoops, I had re-synced and was using the Lineage kernel branch instead of my personal one). I also want to include the patches for BlueBorne, so I'll probably wait until the 7.1.2 Sept security bulletin tags drop. In fact, I'll probably upload a build monthly for the security releases, at least until I make the jump to O.
    Why doesn't the google pixel get an official version of lineage os ?
    The main reason is because invisiblek is a lazy piece of sh!t and hasn't got around to finishing sepolicy for backuptool for A/B. Official lineage cannot ship with gapps like these builds do, so when you install a separate gapps package, we need a way to retain it between rom updates. That's currently not possible on A/B.

Has anyone managed to build LineageOS 15 for the pixel/pixel XL yet?
    My lineage-15.0 repos for device/kernel/vendor should get you a build, but I have no idea if it boots or if anything is broken. Feel free to test it and let me know.
    Just a heads up everyone, my Pixel (Verizon-branded) had its wifi chip go out and I had to warranty it. Naturally they sent me an updated Verizon-branded Pixel (no bootloader unlock for it), so I'm out of the game for the foreseeable future. :(