[ROM] [UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 14 for Meizu M5C [MT6737m]

Search This thread

XRed_CubeX

Sep 6, 2018
Meizu M2 / M2 Mini
Xiaomi Mi A2
LineageOS (Lineage Android Distribution) members or anyone else on this website is not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.

How to Install:

1- Make a backup of your important files
2 - Unlock bootloader with this guide
3 - Flash the TWRP, link here
4 - Move Rom & Gapps (optional) into device storage
5 - Full Wipes
6- Flash Rom & Gapps (gapps are OPTIONAL)

for GAPPS:

Choose Gapps Package ARM64 > 7.1 > Micro and below: visit OpenGAPPS
If during the gapps flash it gives you an error then in the TWRP terminal or on the adb shell you have to execute this command: "mkdir /tmp/bin"

Download:

Working:

• Boots
  • Storages
  • Bluetooth
  • Wifi
  • GPS - GNSS
  • Audio

NOT Working:
  • Camera
  • Hotspot
  • Offline Charging

Special Thanks
  • LineageOS
  • Moyster for device trees

Device Tree:https://github.com/XRedCubeX/android_device_meizu_m5c

Vendor Tree: https://github.com/XRedCubeX/android_vendor_meizu_m5c

Mar 2, 2019
Hi Red. I was taking a look at the ROM repository on GitHub, and saw that the default branch is now named cm-13.1. So, are you now working on an Android 6.0 ROM for the M5c?

XRed_CubeX

Sep 6, 2018
Meizu M2 / M2 Mini
Xiaomi Mi A2
Hi Red. I was taking a look at the ROM repository on GitHub, and saw that the default branch is now named cm-13.1. So, are you now working on an Android 6.0 ROM for the M5c?
I have a slight indecision, now I can not carry on the Custom ROM because I do not have the right PC but when I am able to compile it, I will evaluate which one can work better

Reactions: thiagosousa777
Mar 2, 2019
I have a slight indecision, now I can not carry on the Custom ROM because I do not have the right PC but when I am able to compile it, I will evaluate which one can work better
I see. I would say that in the long run Lineage 14 would be more worthwhile, since Android 6.0 is becoming outdated, with no support for some apps. But really, I just wanted a ROM to replace Flyme, and its bugs. Also, many of the apps I use don't work, or don't work right on Flyme...

These days I was taking a look at /e/ OS. I've been thinking about venturing into porting this ROM to the M5c. For me it would be a challenge, since I've never done this before. But unfortunately at the moment I also don't have a PC that meets the requirements to compile the ROM :(

XRed_CubeX

Sep 6, 2018
Meizu M2 / M2 Mini
Xiaomi Mi A2
I see. I would say that in the long run Lineage 14 would be more worthwhile, since Android 6.0 is becoming outdated, with no support for some apps. But really, I just wanted a ROM to replace Flyme, and its bugs. Also, many of the apps I use don't work, or don't work right on Flyme...

These days I was taking a look at /e/ OS. I've been thinking about venturing into porting this ROM to the M5c. For me it would be a challenge, since I've never done this before. But unfortunately at the moment I also don't have a PC that meets the requirements to compile the ROM :(
I find it useless, just use lineage without gapps and it will be better than /e/, then anyway I don't know where to find the manifest

Mar 2, 2019
I find it useless, just use lineage without gapps and it will be better than /e/, then anyway I don't know where to find the manifest
You are right. However, /e/ has some nice features like e account synchronization, an app store, microG, and some of their apps... Of course we could get that with LineageOS, but it is interesting how /e/ already brings that well integrated and ready.

By the way, I am also looking at other non-Android systems, like Ubuntu Touch...

XRed_CubeX

Sep 6, 2018
Meizu M2 / M2 Mini
Xiaomi Mi A2
You are right. However, /e/ has some nice features like e account synchronization, an app store, microG, and some of their apps... Of course we could get that with LineageOS, but it is interesting how /e/ already brings that well integrated and ready.

By the way, I am also looking at other non-Android systems, like Ubuntu Touch...
Ah beautiful those non-android systems yes, unfortunately we have to forget them because of the prebuilt kernel and unavailable sources

Mar 2, 2019
Ah beautiful those non-android systems yes, unfortunately we have to forget them because of the prebuilt kernel and unavailable sources
Well, from what I've been reading the process is similar to porting LineageOS. You just need the kernel sources and the device specific binary blobs. I'm guessing you know how to get them, don't you?

And the interesting thing is that there is a layer, called Halium, that interacts directly with the hardware. And that is actually what you should port to the desired device. Then you can install any Linux system on top of this layer, like Ubuntu Touch, Plasma Mobile, etc, and these are distributed pre-compiled.

Last edited:

XRed_CubeX

Sep 6, 2018
Meizu M2 / M2 Mini
Xiaomi Mi A2
Well, from what I've been reading the process is similar to porting LineageOS. You just need the kernel sources and the device specific binary blobs. I'm guessing you know how to get them.

And the interesting thing is that there is a layer, called Halium, that interacts directly with the hardware. And that is actually what you should port to the desired device. Then you can install any Linux system on top of this layer, like Ubuntu Touch, Plasma Mobile, etc, and these are distributed pre-compiled.
Mhh ... good, you are informed, however the vendor blobs are bullshit to take, the problem is the kernel sources but Meizu has not released them. However, some time ago I booted a Custom kernel based on ALPS (A custom AOSP from Mediatek to be clear) but the touchscreen doesn't work and I'm looking for a solution around but that I can't find
P.S: Fixing that kernel has great potential, forget android 7, you could also boot android 9 with sources, but as long as they are still working

Reactions: thiagosousa777
Mar 2, 2019
Mhh ... good, you are informed, however the vendor blobs are bullshit to take, the problem is the kernel sources but Meizu has not released them. However, some time ago I booted a Custom kernel based on ALPS (A custom AOSP from Mediatek to be clear) but the touchscreen doesn't work and I'm looking for a solution around but that I can't find
P.S: Fixing that kernel has great potential, forget android 7, you could also boot android 9 with sources, but as long as they are still working
I confess I didn't quite understand one thing: so how did you port LineageOS to this device? You didn't need the kernel sources?

Mar 2, 2019
At the time I was doing this lineage, I was with the prebuilt kernel, week ago I had done this kernel port to a twrp and the touch was not working so I left the device alone
Thanks for the clarification! It is a shame that Meizu does this (I wonder if they are not violating the terms of the Linux GPL license by distributing the kernel without publishing the modifications made to the source code).

Anyway, if a solution to this kernel problem related to the touch screen comes up, please let me know. In the meantime I'll keep reading Halium's documentation until a solution comes along, or until I get a compatible phone.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Assim que possível, irei testar!
    Well, from what I've been reading the process is similar to porting LineageOS. You just need the kernel sources and the device specific binary blobs. I'm guessing you know how to get them.

LineageOS (Lineage Android Distribution) members or anyone else on this website is not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.

How to Install:

1- Make a backup of your important files
    2 - Unlock bootloader with this guide
    3 - Flash the TWRP, link here
    4 - Move Rom & Gapps (optional) into device storage
    5 - Full Wipes
    6- Flash Rom & Gapps (gapps are OPTIONAL)

for GAPPS:

Choose Gapps Package ARM64 > 7.1 > Micro and below: visit OpenGAPPS
    If during the gapps flash it gives you an error then in the TWRP terminal or on the adb shell you have to execute this command: "mkdir /tmp/bin"

Download:

Working:

• Boots
    • Storages
    • Bluetooth
    • Wifi
    • GPS - GNSS
    • Audio

NOT Working:
    • Camera
    • Hotspot
    • Offline Charging

Special Thanks
    • LineageOS
    • Moyster for device trees

Device Tree:https://github.com/XRedCubeX/android_device_meizu_m5c

Vendor Tree: https://github.com/XRedCubeX/android_vendor_meizu_m5c
    Assim que possível, irei testar!

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone