[ROM] [UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.X for Lenovo TB-X103F | Android 7.1.2 Nougat

Would you rather see weeklies or nightlies for this ROM?

• Total voters
Search This thread

GartimusPrime

Sep 2, 2012
1200px-Lineage_OS_Logo.png

Disclaimer:
LineageOS (Lineage Android Distribution) members or anyone else on this website is not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.​

I would like it to be known that I am only the OP. None of this would be possible if it were not for @bbelos! A HUGE thank you and shout out to him!​

Download Links:

ROM
OpenGApps
TWRP
Root Add-on
Official LineageOS Changelog

Installation:

1 - Unlock bootloader via fastboot
2 - Flash TWRP
2.5 - Backup your device!
3 - Download Rom
4 - Place Rom and Gapps on internal or external storage
5 - Flash Rom via TWRP

Original Development Discussion Thread

Bugs:
Time reverts to 1970 when wifi is off during reboot - Fixed!
You tell us

Source Code
LineageOS
Device Tree
Vendor
Kernel

XDA: DevDB Information
LineageOS, ROM for Lenovo TB-X103F

Contributors:
bbelos
LineageOS Team

Version Information:
Beta

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170923-185108.jpg
    Screenshot_20170923-185108.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 5,079
  • Screenshot_20170923-185119.png
    Screenshot_20170923-185119.png
    40 KB · Views: 5,140
  • Screenshot_20170923-185123.png
    Screenshot_20170923-185123.png
    38.8 KB · Views: 4,949
  • Screenshot_20170923-185128.png
    Screenshot_20170923-185128.png
    43.1 KB · Views: 4,605
  • Screenshot_20170923-185132.png
    Screenshot_20170923-185132.png
    47.8 KB · Views: 4,481
  • Screenshot_20170923-185138.png
    Screenshot_20170923-185138.png
    216.4 KB · Views: 4,601
Last edited:

GartimusPrime

Sep 2, 2012
Bootloader Unlock

Instructions for unlocking bootloader can be found here
Thank you @20tibby_gt06 for these instructions

TWRP Installation

1 - Download TWRP
2 - Reboot into boootloader mode
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
3 - Check to see if fastboot mode is working
Code:
adb fastboot devices
4 - Change working directory in terminal to your Downloads folder (or whatever folder TWRP is located)
Code:
cd Downloads
5 - Then type:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Replace "recovery.img" with the name of your file (I always change mine to recovery.img for less typing in the terminal) :p

For reasons unknown to me, some people have reported a successful flash with this method but TWRP ends out being non-existent when rebooting to recovery. If this is the case for you try this:
1 - Follow steps 1-4 above
2 - Enter this command instead for step 5:
Code:
fastboot boot recovery.img
This will temporarily boot TWRP onto your device allowing you to flash the needed files to boot LineageOS

Last edited:

ownjoouk

Apr 23, 2009
Blackpool
ownjoouk.blogspot.com
This is awesome. Thanks guys!

Quick question. I know own I shouldn't dirty flash but if I do will it keep the encryption in my external SD?

I use it as internal so I don't want to have to go through setting it all up again!

Will back it up anyway just in case :D

Reactions: garrett69

GartimusPrime

Sep 2, 2012
This is awesome. Thanks guys!

Quick question. I know own I shouldn't dirty flash but if I do will it keep the encryption in my external SD?

I use it as internal so I don't want to have to go through setting it all up again!

Will back it up anyway just in case :D

I am unfortunately unfamiliar with encrypted storage, so you will have to tell us! :)

ownjoouk

Apr 23, 2009
Blackpool
ownjoouk.blogspot.com
I am unfortunately unfamiliar with encrypted storage, so you will have to tell us! :)

Will give it a go later when I get home from work. Baptism of fire!!!!!

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

Also another random question. I find the WiFi in the other lineage rom to be slow.

This to me isn't a deal breaker as the performance difference overall is so much better but it would be interesting to know other people thoughts and if you think it is quicker in this new ROM.

For example I tried remote play and it's a laggy mess and downloading from the play store seems to take much longer than all my other devices.

Reactions: GartimusPrime

EsRgood4u

Mar 5, 2011
fastboot twrp install wont work

as stated i cant for the life of me get TWRP to install! CMD fastboot install says its complete but when i boot into recovery i get the standard recovery menu! A step by step guide would be helpfull! Thanks!

GartimusPrime

Sep 2, 2012
as stated i cant for the life of me get TWRP to install! CMD fastboot install says its complete but when i boot into recovery i get the standard recovery menu! A step by step guide would be helpfull! Thanks!
I will work on a tutorial this evening for everyone for unlocking bootloader and installing twrp. It will be in post 2
One thing for now for you to try is instead of doing fastboot flash recovery recovery.img try fastboot boot recovery.img. that will temporarily boot it allowing you to flash the ROM, Gapps and root if you choose.

Last edited:

EsRgood4u

Mar 5, 2011
I will work on a tutorial this evening for everyone for unlocking bootloader and installing twrp. It will be in post 2
One thing for now for you to try is instead of doing fastboot flash recovery recovery.img try fastboot boot recovery.img. that will temporarily boot it allowing you to flash the ROM, Gapps and root if you choose.

Thank you GartimusPrime! Ill give it a go and report back if i succeed!

ownjoouk

Apr 23, 2009
Blackpool
ownjoouk.blogspot.com
Something is wrong. Magisk won't write to sd.

Log collector can't get access to collect the log.

Not sure what's going on!!

EDIT: Sorted it. It was because I had used external sd as internal. For some reason even after a full wipe it was looking for it. I had to tell it to forget it and now all is well.

Last edited:

ownjoouk

Apr 23, 2009
Blackpool
ownjoouk.blogspot.com
Hmm I am unfamiliar with Magisk so this may be a tough one

It's ok. I edited my post. All is well now.

Magisk is systemless root.

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

A lot of my daughters games fail to load on this rom. For now I will be returning to linage mm.

Getting a few tantrums!!

EsRgood4u

Mar 5, 2011
Installed tom using the 2nd method

I managed to install your ROM using the temp twrp install method! Enabled root within rom settings! Installed flashify and gave it root permission then I was able to flash twrp.img permanently via flashify! Rom is lightning fast compared to the stock ROM! WiFi not as fast but I can live with that! Screencast doesn't find my Philips TV but other casting apps find it fine! Excellent ROM! Congratulations to the developer

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1200px-Lineage_OS_Logo.png

Disclaimer:
    LineageOS (Lineage Android Distribution) members or anyone else on this website is not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.​

I would like it to be known that I am only the OP. None of this would be possible if it were not for @bbelos! A HUGE thank you and shout out to him!​

Download Links:

ROM
    OpenGApps
    TWRP
    Root Add-on
    Official LineageOS Changelog

Installation:

1 - Unlock bootloader via fastboot
    2 - Flash TWRP
    2.5 - Backup your device!
    3 - Download Rom
    4 - Place Rom and Gapps on internal or external storage
    5 - Flash Rom via TWRP

Original Development Discussion Thread

Bugs:
    Time reverts to 1970 when wifi is off during reboot - Fixed!
    You tell us

Source Code
    LineageOS
    Device Tree
    Vendor
    Kernel

XDA: DevDB Information
    LineageOS, ROM for Lenovo TB-X103F

Contributors:
    bbelos
    LineageOS Team

Version Information:
    Beta
    Build is up in the OP. Just upstream changes and newest security patches.
    All right folks! It took FOREVER on my home WiFi but I have a new build in the OP. No fixes. Newest security patch and 7.1.2_r24.
    Bootloader Unlock

Instructions for unlocking bootloader can be found here
    Thank you @20tibby_gt06 for these instructions

TWRP Installation

1 - Download TWRP
    2 - Reboot into boootloader mode
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    3 - Check to see if fastboot mode is working
    Code:
    adb fastboot devices
    4 - Change working directory in terminal to your Downloads folder (or whatever folder TWRP is located)
    Code:
    cd Downloads
    5 - Then type:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    Replace "recovery.img" with the name of your file (I always change mine to recovery.img for less typing in the terminal) :p

For reasons unknown to me, some people have reported a successful flash with this method but TWRP ends out being non-existent when rebooting to recovery. If this is the case for you try this:
    1 - Follow steps 1-4 above
    2 - Enter this command instead for step 5:
    Code:
    fastboot boot recovery.img
    This will temporarily boot TWRP onto your device allowing you to flash the needed files to boot LineageOS
    New build up if there is interest