• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 15.1 [29/08/2018] Be happy, buy another phone

Search This thread

jobayer

Jul 9, 2012
Dhaka
Upstream Lineage changes
Android July security patch!
Sexy pure #000 black theme that is worth upgrading to anyway

Hammerhead specific changes
The rom can now run SELinux enforcing, but there are a few unwanted denials (such as not being able to read temperature sensors), disabled for now.

Own stuff
Playing with the kernel, I enabled the dynamic voltage regulator option that is enabled in other msm8974 platforms. Doesn't appear to cause harm, but I can't tell if there is a measurable long term difference. Trepn is showing 0mW drained by the CPU at times with the patch, so it may be doing something?

Battery life and new theme shown here.

DOWNLOAD
How i can eneble the theme ??

Edit: nevermind, got it ? thanks a lot

Last edited:
Reactions: Harsh_07

eyeconic

Jul 8, 2012
Bluetooth

Briefly, what works and doesn't work with bluetooth?
Thanks

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

I tried to go from HammerheadCAF to ordinary Hammerhead 14.1. No go without first restoring factory image. Would that apply here?

Reactions: OllieW

axelgr

Dec 30, 2010
Pretty nice rom! Well done!

The only thing that doesn't work for me is vibration. I don't get vibration when phone is ringing. Tried both aosp phone and google phone.

In settings Also vibrate for calls is on. Also if I enable Vibrate on tap I don't get any vibration.

Any idea?

samir.gasymov

Apr 27, 2015
Can somebody use audio in bootanimation?
It was possible (on Linageos 14.1) to play audio that bootanimation.zip may contain during bootanimation. File in link below.
Maybe this option not allowed by kernel?
Sorry, can't insert links yet.
File name is Pixel_Bootlogo_+_Bootanimation_+_Bootloader_(Black).zip

axelgr

Dec 30, 2010
A new back (Amazon carries them) will probably fix the issue (IWFM)

Thanks for the help! Actually it was much easier to fix it. I just pressed the back of the phone where I saw in a YouTube video. I can't post links, sorry.

It just happened the vibration to stop working when I installed this rom. That's why I thought there was a bug.

Chin_hebbar

Apr 8, 2017
Would be helpful if you enable signature spoofing pre built in the rom like AEX getting xposed on just for fakegapps is not very useful just for using microg and it also breaks safetynet.

Last edited:

Chin_hebbar

Apr 8, 2017
Aex thread got closed by the moderators and I kinda like this rom over it Aex has too many customisations for our 4 year old beast and this rom has everything I need.

ttocs99

My setup on los 15.1

Attachments

• Screenshot_Nova_Launcher_20180724-190358.jpg
    Screenshot_Nova_Launcher_20180724-190358.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 325

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HTML:
    Your warranty is still valid thanks to proper EU regulations
    This is a pre-release stitched together rom, expect bugs

My personal build of LineageOS 15.1, built straight from the official repos and with the latest additions made by the actual developers @amaces @razorloves

Releasing here so people that want it can have it before it goes official.

Bugs:
    Bluetooth audio calling may not work properly

Details:
    SELinux permissive for now

Downloads:
    Rom Download
    OpenGapps for Android 8.1
    Flash Magisk to root and avoid Google issues

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 15.1, ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
    P4Block, amaces,razorloves
    ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest Bootloader, maybe
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: LineageOS 14.1

Created 2018-01-28
    Last Updated 2018-08-28
    Updatelord

Hammerhead changes:

• New GCC 4.9 built kernel with specific krait optimizations, no placebo this time, actually faster. Programs can now use hardware divide (wow, such an advanced operation!)
    • Re-adds treble OMX, again.

Upstream lineage changes:

• Ultra fast hosts file parsing due to memory caching. Adaway should work much better now.
    • No wallpaper tint anywhere polluting lockscreen, notification shade and others.

Download
    I just bought a Mi A2 and suggest anyone still using the N5 does the same. It's had a good run.

It could've been much more if it wasn't for the sad state of affairs on the open source world. (blame qcom and google) Maybe one day linux-mainline fully supports the device and something can be done, but at that point few N5s will even be alive. Check out postmarketOS wiki and links on the matter.

I will keep posting builds until official 15.1 is released. My N5 is still alive, now living his retirement as a dedicated TOTP device.
    UPDATE

YES

After fighting random issues for a month, it is here.

Updated lineage sources. Very smooth for some reason.

Work is being done upstream for HAL1 cameras. We may have working camcorder soonTM.

It's been too long and I haven't kept up with new features much. So this build is build your own changelog, or changelog as a service.

Anyhow recommended update.

Download

Next build will be on the just released GCC 8.1 and will be posted soon.
    Update

Lineage now has support for snapdragon 800 based phones out of the box. No need to patch it to build anymore, we just need the device tree/kernel/blobs.

Changed buildserver. Updated lineage sources. LineageSDK, styles API and a few other things are in.

Download

Don't use without Magisk >= 16.3. If google is giving trouble, clear play store data.

Also, recommended google camera