/* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project and CyanogenMod with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS please visit Gerrit Code Review.
- BackUp EFS partition before installing. .If you lose IMEI , use this backup to retrieve it in future.
First time LineageOS installation on your Moto Z2 Play:
- Unlock your bootloader if you haven't done so already
- Flash a custom recovery via Fastboot (64 bit TWRP is needed)
- Copy Gapps (64 bit) and Lineage OS flash files to sdcard
- Boot into Recovery
- Format Internal Memory . I repeat Format.. (Not Wipe) (after format reboot to recovery)
- Flash the LineageOS zip from SD card
- Flash GApps from SD card
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS :
- Push the new LineageOS zip to your SD card
- Boot into Recovery (64 bit TWRP)
- Flash the LineageOS zip from SD card
- Flash the most recent GApps (64 bit) for 8.x
- LineageOS : Builds
- Google Apps (arm64) : GApps
- You tell me
- DO NOT report bugs if you're running a custom kernel
- DO NOT report bugs if you've modifies system files
- DO NOT report bugs if you've installed xposed and/or other mods
- Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
adb logcat > logcat.txt
adb shell dmesg > dmesg.txt
- If it is a random reboot, grab kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
adb shell cat /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops
- If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues or bugs reported in the lastest 5 pages of this thread. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.
Phone Informations * LineageOS version * Gapps version What you did: * Wipe data: y/n * Upgrade from previous official cm build: y/n * Restore with titanium backup: y/n You're using (if yes write which one) : * Task killer * Phone cleaner / Battery enhancer apps * Non-stock kernel * Modified kernel settings * Other mods Bug info: * Last version it worked on * Repro steps
- ROOT! ROOT! Give me root or i'll die!!! Where root is???
- First of all DO NOT flash any SuperSu/SuperUser/SuperMan zip package to get root. Go to Settings>Developement Settings>Root access and select "Apps Only"
- Why no nightly today?
- Build failed. Check again tomorrow
- When do I have to wipe data?
- You must wipe data only when you're switching from another rom or migrating to Snapshot branch from Nightly and vice versa. You don't need to wipe data when you update in the same release channe (this applies to 13.0 -> 14.1 upgrades too)
- Will you add <insert awesome feature here>?
- I won't. If you write it, submit a commit to gerrit, where it will be reviewed.
The LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
Kernel Source : Here
Device Tree: Here
LineageOS, ROM for the Moto Z2 Play
HeltonMax, rahulsnair, vache, brunorochaa00
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
ROM Firmware Required: TWRP
Based On: LineageOS
Current Stable Version: 2019-03-17
Stable Release Date: 2020-02-11
Current Beta Version: 2018-01-13
Last Updated 2020-01-03