• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][unOFFICIAL] LineageOS 15.1 for Nexus 5X (bullhead)

Search This thread

paradoxiumwind

Jul 23, 2012
Google Nexus 5
Google Pixel 3a
Sorry for the dumb question guys, I got a Pixel 3A and have spent the past few weeks dealing with how to flash things to that etc and now I've completely forgotten how to root this thing.

I installed the latest Magisk app, but it's asking for a boot image to patch, should I use the boot.img from inside the lineage zip, or the stock boot image? what if I've installed a custom kernel already (which I believe mods the boot image?)

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Nevermind, you can just rename the .apk to .zip and flash in TWRP.

Last edited:

ema97

Aug 7, 2017
LG Nexus 5X
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
I tried to dirty flash the build on top of the previuos one, but phone reboot in recovery.
Now I made a clean flash of the march build and phone boot. I don't know if it is related to new build, maybe i will try to reflash it later.

I also took a recovery log from TWRP, but only after the first attempt of boot and after I tried to dirty flash March build on top of April one (to see if phone boot) and failed boot again, so I don't know if it could be useful.

Last edited:

Successfully done a dirty flash on top of last months build on both of my old Nexus 5X phones. They both booted up without issues. and function normally. Good job :)

Reactions: razorloves

fLDmPajNNJ5qCd

Apr 23, 2021
It seems that you also need to flash back to the factory vendor image (along with the boot and radio as instructed in the first post), at least in my case, if you're downgrading from an Android 10 ROM, because for me it would crash once it loaded into the OS shortly after spamming a bunch of "Google Play Services has crashed" and such and bootloop.

I am not entirely sure, but, after flashing the vendor back to its factory state and loading into the OS, it worked flawlessly. The only issue was installing openGapps, as it would spam the same message about Google Play services stopping, which was mitigated by clearing the regular cache and dalvik cache - no errors or issues after that.

berom

Sep 21, 2007
LG Nexus 5X
I had Pe10 and came back to this ROM. I just wiped all except for the infernal.

Works really well. Thanks @razorloves for maintaining this.

Any recommendations for launcher, gallery, Calendar, email, weather widget that doesn't use a lot of ram?

I'm trying this:
Launcher: nova: I'm missing grouping in lineage launcher
Gallery: Google photo go
Weather: OnePlus weather
Calendar: default lineage calendar is OK. I still prefer google calendar
Email: fairmail

Last edited:
Reactions: razorloves

Top Liked Posts