• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][unOFFICIAL] LineageOS 15.1 for Nexus 6P (angler)

Search This thread

abdullahk6809

Nov 12, 2017
Looking for advice to see if this would this be a good choice to switch to for a daily driver? I'm currently using ABC Rom so am out of date on security updates. It looks like this is still being updated for security patches. Are there currently any bugs or anything that doesn't work as well as a stock ROM?
I my Self Came From Abc Rom,,Andi love that Rom One of my Favorite and best in performance,,,And I couldn't believe when i Experienced same Amazing Performance,,,But Abc Rom wil Always Be Remained in My Heart,,,,
I have tried lineage before like months ago which wasn't as Amazing Experience As i currently got similar to Abc,,,,So i will definitely Recommend it..

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
Oh, i remember now, i used it once but it messed my phone up so bad lol

Based off the posts you put out, I'd assume its because you didn't do research on how it works, you just jumped right in and started installing overlays.

If things don't work you go back to square one and try again, or you can just give up on it lol. I've been using it for years and have had very little issues. If you're not using it, you have been missing out. This and ad block are the only reason I use root.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191130-131824_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20191130-131824_Settings.png
    197.5 KB · Views: 108
Reactions: abdullahk6809

abdullahk6809

Nov 12, 2017
Based off the posts you put out, I'd assume its because you didn't do research on how it works, you just jumped right in and started installing overlays.

If things don't work you go back to square one and try again, or you can just give up on it lol. I've been using it for years and have had very little issues. If you're not using it, you have been missing out. This and ad block are the only reason I use root.
Right,,,,i have used subatratum on Many Roms and didn't get into trouble like bootloop etc,,,And if something Goes Wrong ,,,you can revert the settings which causes trouble by going into Twrp and flashing the substratum recovery zip it will remove all the overlays,,,,But you know this Guy Very Well he never ever do research by himself just relying on other people experiences which can be different from person to person,,,its not that hard or rocket science it roughly takes 2mins to Google,,,,
And One More thing which substratum theme are u using it also changed your status bar icon right?

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
Right,,,,i have used subatratum on Many Roms and didn't get into trouble like bootloop etc,,,And if somwthing Goes Wrong ,,,you can revert the settings which causes trouble by going into Twrp and flashing the substratum recovery zip it will remove all the overlays,,,,But you know this Guy Very Well he never ever do research by himself just relying on other people experiences which can be different from person to person,,,its not that hard or rocket science it roughly takes 2mins to Google,,,,
And One More thing which substratum theme are u using it also changed your status bar icon right?

The theme is gravija for my system, and notification shade. Its not supposed be gradient with that pink, just be the solid blue, so I gotta redo it and find out why its messed up lol.

They have quite a few status bar icon types with it. And yeah, flashing the rescue zip to disable all of them has saved me quite a few times. But if people don't take the time to see what fail safes there are etc, they end up with a non booting OS because of non stop system up crashes.

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

Lol, i did install it correctly and followed the instructions but still

Why couldn't you flash the rescue zip to disable all the overlays ?

Reactions: abdullahk6809

abdullahk6809

Nov 12, 2017
The theme is gravija for my system, and notification shade. Its not supposed be gradient with that pink, just be the solid blue, so I gotta redo it and find out why its messed up lol.

They have quite a few status bar icon types with it. And yeah, flashing the rescue zip to disable all of them has saved me quite a few times. But if people don't take the time to see what fail safes there are etc, they end up with a non booting OS because of non stop system up crashes.
Thank u,,,
And yeah you're right it also happened to me on if i remembered correctly On Aicp and yeah that rescue zip did the job,,,

sufy1000

Oct 22, 2011
So,.I've just installed the pixel theme and it says no errors when it installed and says it's installed successfully (the pixel theme) but the notification bar is still the same and nothing has changed. Any ideas what has happened?

Thanks

abdullahk6809

Nov 12, 2017
Lol, i did install it correctly and followed the instructions but still
No one said you didn't installed it correctly the thing is if system crashes after installing overlay all you have to do is to go to twrp and find the rescue zip which will probably in substratum folder just flash it as a zip and Kaboom all your overlay will be removed and no more crashing,,,you might have known it if you have tried to search your problem on something called "Google"

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------
Is that Material Notification Shade on Playstore that you have said by Treydev inc?

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
So,.I've just installed the pixel theme and it says no errors when it installed and says it's installed successfully (the pixel theme) but the notification bar is still the same and nothing has changed. Any ideas what has happened?

Thanks

Literally the only hand feeding I'm doing before I tell you to GO READ ABOUT IT like I already told you to do.

Check the manager tab and see of the over lays are listed if they are orange that means they are installed and not enabled. To select them all and hit enable. If they are not listed reboot your device and enable them.

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

Is that Material Notification Shade on Playstore that you have said by Treydev inc?

It's all gravija by pierx

abdullahk6809

Nov 12, 2017

Thanks
If you have read substratum app description or even app itself says that you have to reboot your phone after installing overlays to enable overlays,,,it has something to do with google which after android oreo you have to reboot everytime you install the overlay,,,

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
If you have read substratum app description or even app itself says that you have to reboot your phone after installing overlays to enable overlays,,,it has something to do with google which after android oreo you have to reboot everytime you install the overlay,,,

This is Oreo, but I feel like some app devs have there themes set up to require this, not just it being something that changed in the substratum app. So it still ends up being required in Oreo.

abdullahk6809

Nov 12, 2017
This is Oreo, but I feel like some app devs have there themes set up to require this, not just it being something that changed in the substratum app. So it still ends up being required in Oreo.
I don't know about that i think its Rom related On Abc Rom same themes or substratum modules/tweaks don't requires reboot you can install and enable or even can directly enable it,,

sufy1000

Oct 22, 2011
I've downloaded google messages from the playstore and every now and then i'm geting an error message saying 'messages has stopped'

why is this hapening?

ballsies

Nov 21, 2019
No harm, no foul.

you can also look at logcat to see why it's crashing. share your findings if you still think it's the rom's fault
Some findings and a postive outcome:
After the lineage update 19th November, Coursera wouldn't open and on further use I found that Gmail would not download attachments. Chrome had some issues with downloading documents to view directly, such as PDFs.
Some clumsy investigation of logcat output (I've never had to look or interpret it before) seemed to indicate a shared problem with sqlite. There had been some sqlite changes made to that version of lineage.
I was going to try to find the time to collate all this -- but the most recent lineage update (3rd Dec) has corrected all the problems (I skipped the 26th Nov update).

tl;dr: no harm, no foul.

Is it possible these little bugs happen if the update/install didn't go perfectly?
I was also considering flashing the previous lineage update (4th Nov) to see if everything got better again -- would that ordinarily go smoothly or does this create other problems?

Thanks to all involved. Lineage is excellent.

Top Liked Posts