Search This thread

33bca

Recognized Developer
Jun 5, 2013
Basel
OnePlus 8 Pro
OPPO Find X5 Pro
http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
Broken:
  • WIFI MAC address gets randomly generated (only once, you will keep the same as long as you are on LOS)
  • Sepolicy is still permissive
  • Nothing else? Otherwise please report it!

Working:
  • Camera (and flashlight)
  • WiFi
  • Bluetooth
  • Telephony (Calls and Data)
  • Audio (Record and Playback)
  • Video Playback
  • Sensors
  • GPS
  • VoLTE

Screenshot_Trebuchet_20180416-104814.png
Screenshot_Einstellungen_20180416-104828.png
Screenshot_Einstellungen_20180416-104853.png

Compatibility:
Compatible with all Xiaomi Redmi 4A and Redmi 5A variants (16GB / 32GB), other Redmi devices are not supported.
Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 7.1 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI 8.3.29 dev package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
  • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
  • Reboot to recovery (Custom TWRP recovery for Redmi 4A - Direct link)
  • Format /system, /data and /cache
  • Install LineageOS zip package
  • Install [optional] the LineageOS su addon to get root (there are obviously other root methods, but this is the recommended one as it survives to OTA updates)
  • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
Important notes:
  • Current minimal * required * firmware version is MIUI 8.3.29 Global dev, otherwise installation could have issues. Download the latest dev fastboot package directly from Xiaomi and flash it prior to installing LineageOS or, alternatively, download and install one of the latest custom packages containing firmware only (at your own risk).
  • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
  • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
This work is due to efforts from RedmiDevs founding members that did the full device bring-up. Huge thanks to @xboxfanj for all the help during that bring-up.
Finally, all RedmiDevs & LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:

Changelog:

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 15.1, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi 4A & 5A

Contributors:
33bca
ROM OS Version: 8.1 Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18.71
ROM Firmware Required: MIUI 8.4.12 dev

Version Information

Created 2018-04-16
Last Updated 2018-05-24

Last edited:

hyperterminal

May 26, 2016
@33bca Awesome ROM, waiting for camera fix. Thanks a lot! Charges VERY fast. Battery backup also very good. I've posted the sot (screen on time) in the screenshot. Actually, whole sot was on 4g, But just before a minute, I connected to WiFi.

Attachments

• IMG_20180417_122217_272.jpg
    IMG_20180417_122217_272.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 3,820

Smirnoff_G

Apr 17, 2018
trouble

Hi guys, i have a problem with instalation 15.1. I say all step that i do, may be anyone will notice a mistake:
1) install Miui 9 (last from official site)
2)install TWRP version twrp-3.2.1-0-rolex (it work correctly)
3)going to TWRP-mode and wipe /system, /data, /cache (internal storage don't wipe because haven't encryption on phone, thinking that may be i should do the format... )
4) install LineageOS 15.1, Gapps and root
5) reload system and over, i can only restore my phone with support fastboot and MIUI ROM Flashing Tool.....
something like this....

DodoGTA

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 18, 2015
Hi guys, i have a problem with instalation 15.1. I say all step that i do, may be anyone will notice a mistake:
1) install Miui 9 (last from official site)
2)install TWRP version twrp-3.2.1-0-rolex (it work correctly)
3)going to TWRP-mode and wipe /system, /data, /cache (internal storage don't wipe because haven't encryption on phone, thinking that may be i should do the format... )
4) install LineageOS 15.1, Gapps and root
5) reload system and over, i can only restore my phone with support fastboot and MIUI ROM Flashing Tool.....
something like this....
Did you unlock the bootloader?

Sent from my Redmi 4A using XDA Labs

Smirnoff_G

Apr 17, 2018
i can't give a link on screenshots...
i have unlock phone, MIUI global 9.5 stable, android version 7.1.2

after install lineage 15.1, gapps and root i reload my phone ang it get in bootloop with label of "mi"
i'm sure that i haven't so serious problem orspecial, but may be i miss one detail which is important...

for example, i should format a internal storage, but i don't...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    Broken:
    • WIFI MAC address gets randomly generated (only once, you will keep the same as long as you are on LOS)
    • Sepolicy is still permissive
    • Nothing else? Otherwise please report it!

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • VoLTE

Screenshot_Trebuchet_20180416-104814.png
    Screenshot_Einstellungen_20180416-104828.png
    Screenshot_Einstellungen_20180416-104853.png

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Xiaomi Redmi 4A and Redmi 5A variants (16GB / 32GB), other Redmi devices are not supported.
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 7.1 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI 8.3.29 dev package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery (Custom TWRP recovery for Redmi 4A - Direct link)
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] the LineageOS su addon to get root (there are obviously other root methods, but this is the recommended one as it survives to OTA updates)
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
    Important notes:
    • Current minimal * required * firmware version is MIUI 8.3.29 Global dev, otherwise installation could have issues. Download the latest dev fastboot package directly from Xiaomi and flash it prior to installing LineageOS or, alternatively, download and install one of the latest custom packages containing firmware only (at your own risk).
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
    This work is due to efforts from RedmiDevs founding members that did the full device bring-up. Huge thanks to @xboxfanj for all the help during that bring-up.
    Finally, all RedmiDevs & LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:

Changelog:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 15.1, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi 4A & 5A

Contributors:
    33bca
    ROM OS Version: 8.1 Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18.71
    ROM Firmware Required: MIUI 8.4.12 dev

Version Information

Created 2018-04-16
    Last Updated 2018-05-24
    I've seen there are many users which mean I'm faking, kanging from Murali and such stuff.
    I don't know why you guys cant give direct feedback to me and have to hate about me in some private groups...

The work I'm doing here is for free and I didn't ever request any donations for anything I did! So respect that, and if you can't do that just leave my stuff and don't rant about me, thanks!
    Quick & small Update:
    • Fixed LED (just white for now, but it works as it should)
    • Fixed dark video recordings
    • Prepared many things for Project Treble (If you dont believe me, check this out #SOON)
    • Upstreamed LineageOS sources

You can find the remaining bugs in the OP.
    Due to my broken Redmi 4A I can't deliver that many and bigger updates. I should receive the replacement parts in about a month. (I didn't find any faster delivery at a reasonable price..)

Grab the update here!

BTW: You will need a TWRP with custom vendor support like this one.
    Update:
    • Fixed camera
    • Fixed vendor mismatch
    • Fixed baseband in settings
    • Fixed keylayouts (recent works now as it should)
    • MOAR ZRAM (reduces lags in some situations a little bit)
    • Updated blobs to latest global dev (please update your firmware too)

Grab the update here!
    Update:
    • Fixed DT2W
    • Fixed Notification LED

Grab the update here!

VoLTE is buggy in this build, but I'm already working on it.

BTW: You will need a TWRP with cutom vendor support like this one.