• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][LineageOS 16.0][Android 9.0][SM-T350]

Search This thread

Youngei

Jul 7, 2020
Ooh, wait, sorry, read that wrong. Ummmm, maybe? Look at the last post on the previous page. But data/s pen or whatever it has probably won't work.

I might try using a different ROM, cause I need the tab to be functioning, it's for work purpose, mainly need a ROM that is debloated and smoother compare to stock ROM, I already magisk rooted the tab and with trwp installed, any custom ROM suggestions?

lividhen99

Jun 19, 2018
I might try using a different ROM, cause I need the tab to be functioning, it's for work purpose, mainly need a ROM that is debloated and smoother compare to stock ROM, I already magisk rooted the tab and with trwp installed, any custom ROM suggestions?
I don't think the source for that device was released, so we can't build a rom specifically for it. What you can do is get either a root explorer like mixplorer, or an app, and debloat it yourself.

Youngei

Jul 7, 2020

@heshan

Sep 25, 2021
Hello is this still working. I am just a beginner on custom roms. I haven’t flashed any. I want a stable Rom for my tablet Sm T350 Wifi only samsung tab. Please help me find a good ROM wihout big issues. Is this Rom good , are their any big bugs like sound not working?? Or is there any other better rom??? My tablet is on Android 7.1.1 & samsung experience version 8.5. Please help me

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9.0 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    /* 
    / * Your warranty is now void. Knox 0x1. 
    /* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, lost data due to failed backups, etc, etc. flash at your own risk 
    */

How to flash this ROM:

1. Download the zip file.
    2. Make sure this zip file is saved to your device (I prefer transferring to sd card to allow for full wipe of data on tablet).
    3. If you want Google Play functionality, download OpenGApps (link below). (optional)
    4. Reboot into TWRP (Volume Up + Home + Power or Advanced Restart).
    5. Make a backup (optional).
    6. Wipe System, Data, Cache, and Dalvik Cache partitions with Advanced Wipe. (I like wiping internal data too, do NOT wipe SD Card!)
    7. Flash the ROM you just downloaded.
    8. Flash OpenGApps ARM for Android 9.0 if you want Google services (optional).
    9. If you want root, flash Magisk.
    10. Reboot and proceed normally with installation.
    11. ????
    12. Profit!

Download links:

SM-T350

OpenGApps ARM 9.0 (I use pico)

Source code:
    LineageOS
    iesous-kurios (forked from LineageOS, and rest of the developers mentioned in the following Credits) on Github
    Galaxy MSM-8916

Credits:

The LineageOS Team (and specifically haggertk )
    elginsk8r
    VirsysElectron
    Nubianprince

And awesome tester : retiredtab (saved me sooo much time and has been huge asset in getting bugs fixed)

And of course the Galaxy MSM-8916 team for all of their hard work on our device specific code.

Version Information:

ROM OS Version: Android 9.0 Pie

Known Bugs:
    Static while playing mp3s with stock music player (download vlc player to play mp3 files)
    Overwhelming sense to brag that your old tablet has newer version of Android on it than a lot of people's expensive phones.

All other functions seem to be working fine. Please report bugs with logcat. I am just starting out on being able to troubleshoot bugs and make edits to code to fix problems, so a majority of bugs will be fixed by the official devs and maintainers of Lineage but I'm trying to learn how to help out too and you have to start somewhere, right?
    You should've said this in the op. Also I couldn't get adb to function with root because this isn't working. I have advanced knowledge here. I grabbed the one I thought was with least bugs. You need to explain this all in the op. I don't have time to read every thread. I wanted a rom.... Not that complicated. I do not wish to test. I wanted something working. And in the op says it does. I won't waste time in the future. I gain zero from using this versus 7.1.1 that's fully functional. I'll pass until you post that it's totally working without bugs. I'm sorry but I wasted a lot of time for nothing when posting things in op would've saved me the efforts. Nowhere did it tell me I'd need to register custom rom.... That's for developer not me

Well maybe you should just stick to Official software from Samsung. XDA is a developer forum, get used to there being issues, bugs, non working features.
    Results for April 27 build.

I did a dalvik, cache, system and data wipe. I also did a factory reset and format data to ensure T350 is completely fresh.

The following are working: sleep cover, google play store (Clash royale, clash of clans, chrome show up), external sound, mp3, camera, deep sleep and bluetooth.

April 5th security patches incorporated.

I will be using this build for the next week to check for stability and reliability now that all the functionality seems to work properly.

We have come a long way in the last 2 months. Good work everyone. :good:
    On my SM-T350, I get the following message when trying to install the 16.0 ROM

updater process ended with error: 7
    error installing zip file /sdcard/Download/lineage-16.0-20190221-UNOFFICIAL-gt58wifi.zip

Okay the above error was due to TWRP version 3.1.0. I upgraded to 3.2.1 and now the updater-script installs 16.0 onto my SM-T350.

I found TWRP 3.2.1 at

https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=962339331458992706

TWRP-3.2.1-lineage-15.1_j1_20180418_gt58wifi.tar

for the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0, by Austcool Walker

MD5 = 6455c0cfa01b9f71cf575c553df18733

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

I also noticed a newer build today (dated 20190223).

External audio still doesn't work. Headphone jack works.

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

Here is the SM-T550 thread where virsys got external audio working.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=78972270&postcount=70

I'm looking through the SM-T550 commits, but unsure what might be needed for the SM-T350?

The most obvious difference between

https://github.com/Galaxy-MSM8916/android_device_samsung_gt510wifi/tree/lineage-16.0

and

https://github.com/Galaxy-MSM8916/android_device_samsung_gt58wifi/tree/lineage-16.0

is the entire configs folder in the SM-T350 code.

I also found

https://github.com/Galaxy-MSM8916/android_device_samsung_gt58wifi/tree/lineage-16.0
    So I downloaded the SM-T550 code and looked at the

/system/vendor/etc

directory.

There are 28 files there. In the SM-T350 /system/vendor/etc, there are only 27 files.

The additional file in SM-T550 is called audio_platform_info.xml.

It has definitions for speaker out. I'm not sure of all the definitions or how it's linked yet? I don't know if this file has to be part of the actual rom compilation process or it gets read at boot/runtime.

In addition, there have been additional entries put into the mixer_paths.xml file in the 550 that virsys referred to.

In the SM-T550 /system/etc directory, there 3 additional XML files named
    A05QF_sr544_module_info.xml, B05QF_sr544_module_info.xml and C05QF_sr544_module_info.xml.

Not sure if these files are needed or not?