• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 16.0 for Razer Forge TV (pearlyn)

Search This thread

gabrielgagz

Jul 10, 2011
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

INSTRUCTIONS :

******* FULL WIPE IS REQUIRED, if you are coming from stock or Lineage 14.1 *****
******* You have to use adb commands in recovery (ex. adb push / adb shell twrp install) ******

Download the latest build and gapps
Boot to twrp ("fastboot boot recovery.img" - you can't flash twrp yet image is to big for partition)
Flash the latest build
To flash opengapps you need to put this txt file (https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=6006931924117891960) in the same directory (or you will get an error related to partition size)
this discard some apps from installation, but you can always install later from play store....
(Fixed with custom tvmini gapps)

Reboot

* If you are coming from stock rom you need to unlock your bootloader before flash twrp
** In Lineage Setup Wizard you can pair you Razer Serval or any other remote/gamepad device putting in discovery mode (autopair) or you can use an HDMI-CEC enabled TV.

BUGS:
- Secure L1 playback is broken (No Netflix, etc...)
- Remote App Voice search is broken (Fixed on 6/10 build + custom gapps)
- Some times the screen goes off and won't wake up with CEC, you can turn on the screen with your BT device or the ATV app.
- You tell me

TWRP: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=6006931924117891945
Latest Build (October 6): https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=178900
Google Apps : https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=300260

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM] [UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 16.0 for Razer Forge TV (pearlyn), ROM for the Android Stick & Console Computers

Contributors
gabrielgagz, fgl27
Source Code: https://github.com/gabrielgagz/

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2019-06-10
Last Updated 2019-06-11

Last edited:

DHD

Jan 8, 2008
In the step "Boot to twrp ("fastboot boot recovery.img" - you can't flash twrp yet image is to big for partition)", my device stuck in boot screen or it'll boot into normal mode.
Could you give me more detailed instruction?
Thank you!

gabrielgagz

Jul 10, 2011
In the step "Boot to twrp ("fastboot boot recovery.img" - you can't flash twrp yet image is to big for partition)", my device stuck in boot screen or it'll boot into normal mode.
Could you give me more detailed instruction?
Thank you!

First of all you need to boot into fastboot mode (adb reboot fastbot), downoad the recovery file provided here: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=6006931924117891945
While on fastboot, you have to execute the command "fastboot boot /path/to/recovery.img"

Last edited:

razorNoob

Oct 31, 2019
Hi gabrielgagz, thanks for the great work.
I try to compile it but get errors.
Code:
hardware/qcom/display-caf/apq8084/libhwcomposer/hwc_utils.cpp:2275:32: error: unused parameter 'ctx' [-Werror,-Wunused-parameter]
void setGPUHint(hwc_context_t* ctx, hwc_display_contents_1_t* list) {
                               ^
hardware/qcom/display-caf/apq8084/libhwcomposer/hwc_utils.cpp:2275:63: error: unused parameter 'list' [-Werror,-Wunused-parameter]
                                                              ^
hardware/qcom/display-caf/apq8084/libhwcomposer/hwc_utils.cpp:2591:32: error: unused parameter 'ctx' [-Werror,-Wunused-parameter]
bool loadEglLib(hwc_context_t* ctx) {
                               ^

What am I doing wrong ?

LOGICH4CK

Nov 11, 2019
Think my forge is a brick now

I just installed the rom and it seemed to have skipped the initial setup so i couldn't sync my serval remote, but whatever i can use a usb mouse right? nope i cant use the android tv remote app either cant seem to adb into it but it seems to be in "device" mode my pc picks it up as android adb device but cant do anything any suggestions? i dont even have gapps installed yet.

Last edited:

finebf20

Nov 29, 2019
stuck on boot logo

I followed the instructions use wipe in twrp first then install lineage zip and gapps zip both successfully in twrp. Cleared cache/dvlac. rebooted but stuck on boot logo, unplugged box several times and also let it run for over 60 minutes. I redownloaded and tried 2 times more. what could I have missed that would prevent Lineage from loading? do i have to do anything additional to the bootloader after reboot? Im using the 20191009 version any tips would be super swell :D

gabrielgagz

Jul 10, 2011
Hi gabrielgagz, thanks for the great work.
I try to compile it but get errors.
Code:
hardware/qcom/display-caf/apq8084/libhwcomposer/hwc_utils.cpp:2275:32: error: unused parameter 'ctx' [-Werror,-Wunused-parameter]
                               ^
hardware/qcom/display-caf/apq8084/libhwcomposer/hwc_utils.cpp:2275:63: error: unused parameter 'list' [-Werror,-Wunused-parameter]
                                                              ^
hardware/qcom/display-caf/apq8084/libhwcomposer/hwc_utils.cpp:2591:32: error: unused parameter 'ctx' [-Werror,-Wunused-parameter]
bool loadEglLib(hwc_context_t* ctx) {
                               ^

What am I doing wrong ?

This come from Lineage sources, not from device/vendor tree. Are you trying to compile 16.0?

gabrielgagz

Jul 10, 2011
I just installed the rom and it seemed to have skipped the initial setup so i couldn't sync my serval remote, but whatever i can use a usb mouse right? nope i cant use the android tv remote app either cant seem to adb into it but it seems to be in "device" mode my pc picks it up as android adb device but cant do anything any suggestions? i dont even have gapps installed yet.

Maybe a soft brick. Please provide a logcat "adb shell logcat"

Last edited:

gabrielgagz

Jul 10, 2011
I followed the instructions use wipe in twrp first then install lineage zip and gapps zip both successfully in twrp. Cleared cache/dvlac. rebooted but stuck on boot logo, unplugged box several times and also let it run for over 60 minutes. I redownloaded and tried 2 times more. what could I have missed that would prevent Lineage from loading? do i have to do anything additional to the bootloader after reboot? Im using the 20191009 version any tips would be super swell :D

Is your bootloader unlocked? If so, please provide a "adb shell logcat"

finebf20

Nov 29, 2019
Success

Thanks for your response. Sorry for delay i was on vacation. I figured it out. The zip got corrupted durning download. Redownloaded and flashed, rebooted and loaded into Lineage. So far im very impressed with your build! I will post general steps i dit to get working since i got bits from several sites and pieced together what worked for me.

LOGICH4CK

Nov 11, 2019
Thanks for the reply

Is your bootloader unlocked? If so, please provide a "adb shell logcat"

Hi sorry been busy I've tried the command but all it says in the terminal is no adb devices, my bootloader is unlocked. I've tried a different USB device in hopes of some control but so far nothing
Edit:
it seems I can use internet Via Ethernet

Last edited:

gabrielgagz

Jul 10, 2011
Hi sorry been busy I've tried the command but all it says in the terminal is no adb devices, my bootloader is unlocked. I've tried a different USB device in hopes of some control but so far nothing
Edit:
it seems I can use internet Via Ethernet

You can always wipe your data/cache. Plug your Forge into fastboot mode (no hdmi cable, and usb cable connected to your pc) type "fastboot boot recovery.img" boot into twrp and do the wipe:

adb shell twrp wipe data/cache

Try to boot again, if that doesn't work, re-flash rom and opengapps

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

INSTRUCTIONS :

******* FULL WIPE IS REQUIRED, if you are coming from stock or Lineage 14.1 *****
    ******* You have to use adb commands in recovery (ex. adb push / adb shell twrp install) ******

Download the latest build and gapps
    Boot to twrp ("fastboot boot recovery.img" - you can't flash twrp yet image is to big for partition)
    Flash the latest build
    To flash opengapps you need to put this txt file (https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=6006931924117891960) in the same directory (or you will get an error related to partition size)
    this discard some apps from installation, but you can always install later from play store....
    (Fixed with custom tvmini gapps)

Reboot

* If you are coming from stock rom you need to unlock your bootloader before flash twrp
    ** In Lineage Setup Wizard you can pair you Razer Serval or any other remote/gamepad device putting in discovery mode (autopair) or you can use an HDMI-CEC enabled TV.

BUGS:
    - Secure L1 playback is broken (No Netflix, etc...)
    - Remote App Voice search is broken (Fixed on 6/10 build + custom gapps)
    - Some times the screen goes off and won't wake up with CEC, you can turn on the screen with your BT device or the ATV app.
    - You tell me

TWRP: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=6006931924117891945
    Latest Build (October 6): https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=178900
    Google Apps : https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=300260

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] [UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 16.0 for Razer Forge TV (pearlyn), ROM for the Android Stick & Console Computers

Contributors
    gabrielgagz, fgl27
    Source Code: https://github.com/gabrielgagz/

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2019-06-10
    Last Updated 2019-06-11
    didnt know about that fastboot mode my pc detects the fastboot and seems to work
    < waiting for device >
    downloading 'boot.img'...
    OKAY [ 0.418s]
    booting...
    OKAY [ 0.049s]
    finished. total time: 0.468s
    but adb still isnt found i think when i flashed it before i used the network adb

Edit: i just tried the erase fastboot commands erase cache and userdata
    its been trying to boot lineage for about 3 min now hoping its doing a setup
    Edit: No luck now its in a boot loop about to try reseting it to stock if all else fails its gonna be Trashed :(

You should have adb with twrp booted. Are you using the recovery provided in first page?
    I've never experinced this issue on my devices.....
    BTW, you don't need to trash your Forge, you can always reflash stock firmware trough fastboot and start over :)
    I've been sitting on one of these for over a year but never did anything with it, does the custom OS support storage expansion? If so, what is the maximum threshold it can withstand?

Yes, rom supports external and adoptable storage.