[ROM] [UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 16.0 for Shield Tablet

Search This thread

jaeskeels14

Apr 19, 2021
If you did all the steps i mentioned earlier in this Thread and it still does stuck on the LineageOS Logo you should redownload the Rom from Npjohnson's Site

Here again the Steps to do a clean installation :

Maybe a little general guide for everyone here who want to try this build in this early state and help tracking bugs :)

For an clean Installation its important to wipe the device first with TWRP like shown on the first Screenshot.

After this go to Advanced and choose everything choosen on the second Screenshot.

Now you shutdown the Tablet and insert the SD Card or plug in the cable for sideloading.

After turning on the Tablet and choose Recovery Mode again, first install the Rom of course then choose Wipe cache/dalvik.

Now you have to install Gapps if you want to use it. Its recommend to use only the Pico Package.

Wipe cache/dalvik again and restart the device.
ahh okay isee tnx.
is shield accessories working here so i can still use my orginal nvidia shield controller? tnx

ogremalfeitor

Jan 26, 2018
Well, tried the new release (clean flash), but it's just like any of the others above Nougat... YouTube videos work sometimes, other times they just show some greenish thing. Settings app crashes 100% of the times I try to use its search. As for stability, it's still not usable on my device because every 5 to 10 minutes there is an app crashing (frequently it's the home launcher), browser just shows black bars randomly, apps won't install and so on, until the device ends up rebooting itself or simply hangs :(

(In LOS 14.1 I get no crashes or video corruption so it's not hardware fault, but every ROM above Nougat misbehaves badly on my device and this one is no exception)

I gave up on this device some time ago so I'm gonna put it back in a drawer (you won Nvidia... I will never buy tegra devices again), however thanks anyway to everyone still trying to make something of it.

airtower

Sep 9, 2010
Denver, CO
The April build is great! Governor seemed to stick on max after first boot (device got very hot, would not maintain 100% batter on a charger), but fine after reboot. Quick youtube test worked fine.

I could not playback YouTube TV, presumably due to DRM. liboemcrypto module in magisk cleaned that right up.

Reactions: dennisthemenace85

Mikesraxx

Feb 2, 2021
The April build is great! Governor seemed to stick on max after first boot (device got very hot, would not maintain 100% batter on a charger), but fine after reboot. Quick youtube test worked fine.

I could not playback YouTube TV, presumably due to DRM. liboemcrypto module in magisk cleaned that right up.
Wondering how’s the battery life???

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Are the hardware video acceleration issues on YouTube solved on this one?
    Also, do you have many apps crashing on it?
    From what i saw they improved it very much so far at least with the youtube app i didnt had any issues so far.

Its also nice to see how this Rom improves in stabilty and speed on every release a big thanks for the work and effort to @Steel01 and @npjohnson and all the other devs that working right now on this Rom :)

And i know its a lot of work because i learn at the moment how to build my own Rom for this device which is based on LineageOS 15.1 for the reason its easier to learn because of the structure of the propetiary folders. But when i imagine how much knowledge is needed to write the code i just playing around at the moment and when we take in account there is none official release for the K1 Chip (T124) above Nougat its even more impressive.

Please keep up the good work ;)

Wondering how’s the battery life???
    Can't really comment, it hasn't left my desk on the charger
    2okPze5.png

Disclaimer:
    Not responsible for any injuries you do to yourself or your device being damaged caused by this ROM.
    Big thanks goes to @Steel01 for all the hard work and the Sources.

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:
    • Download the latest build and gapps (9.0 / arm / pico)
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads:
    Known Issues:
    • Your tablet will melt 5 seconds after the installation of this ROM ;-)
    • Hardware video decoding does not work everytime
    • Application crash (sometimes)

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS for the Shield Tablet, ROM for the Nvidia Shield Tablet

Source Code:
    https://github.com/LineageOS
    Device: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Vendor: https://gitlab.incom.co/CM-Shield/proprietary_vendor_nvidia/-/tree/lineage-16.0

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information:
    userdebug
    SELinux: Permissive
    Fwiw, there's a bunch of framework patches needed for the wifi direct controller to work. I've yet to get them all straight. Haven't had that working since cm-12.1. See the incomplete set for 16.0 here:

That's on top of:

And there's no nvidia pairing app that works with a touch interface. It's a mess atm. I did get blake to pair to foster on 15.1, but only while the pairing wizard was open. As soon as I hit back to close it, the autonomous group goes down and the connection is lost. And now, it's close to impossible since nvidia didn't release the nvwifi prebuilt jar to link against. And the one from O doesn't work on P.
    New build has been uploaded
    Hello,
    A new build has been uploaded (20210208).
    Nothing more than the zRAM that have been pushed to 1GB and memory management use the new LMKD rules.
    First boot should be sluggish but after tablet will be fine.

Need some testers for this.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone