- Feb 6, 2016
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9.0 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.
- Camera (including video recording)
- Telephony (Calls, MMS/SMS and Mobile data)
- Audio (Record and Playback)
- Video Playback
This build is compatible with all Mi 5X
- Reboot to recovery[/URL]
- Wipe /system, /data and /cache
- Install LineageOS zip package
- Install [optional] the LineageOS su addon to get root (there are obviously other root methods, but this is the recommended one as it survives to OTA updates)
- Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
Credits & collaborations
This work is due to efforts from everyone involved in Mi5X development. The LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the Mi 5X
ROM OS Version: 9.0 Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9.167
ROM Firmware Required: Android O firmware
Last Updated 2019-04-05