[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS-16.0 [zl1] (Personal builds)

Search This thread

voron00

Mar 8, 2011
Google Nexus 4
LeEco Le Pro3
first of all, I'm amazed of your work. I'm very pleased to see older LineageOS is still in develop somehow.
second, is it possible to dirty flash from official LineageOS 16.0? my build is the last nightly zl1 for LEX720 (2020-04-18). I'd strongly stick with my /Data, so avoiding to wipe /Data partition is a must.

considering Flash Instruction, would it work just wiping /System and Cache+Dalvik before installing this build using TWRP?
Unfortunately not, you need to do a clean flash in this case. You can only dirty flash if you previously had my unofficial build installed.

Sun.ji

Apr 2, 2022
Unfortunately not, you need to do a clean flash in this case. You can only dirty flash if you previously had my unofficial build installed.
so... any other way to keep my Data and new release? clean install THEN restoring Data partition maybe? or upgrade to official 17.1 first, since your buld is backported from 17.1?

just wonder why - I am certain I did update from 15.1 and even 14.1 before without fail - while keeping my Data partition

Last edited:

voron00

Mar 8, 2011
Google Nexus 4
LeEco Le Pro3
just wonder why - I am certain I did update from 15.1 and even 14.1 before without fail - while keeping my Data partition
Because of signing keys. It's possible to upgrade if signing keys are the same, which was the case for you when upgraded from 15.1, but i (obviously) have no access to official lineageos signing keys so i have to use my own release-keys to sign builds. You can try migration zip from here: https://wiki.lineageos.org/signing_builds BUT im not sure if it will work because they only mention migration from test-keys (aka unsigned builds).

Reactions: paco666 and Sun.ji

Sun.ji

Apr 2, 2022
thank you for the fast and professional explanation.
seems the only way is to root official build first, do the trick with titanium backup, then clean installation and restore using titanium. while crossing fingers it'd work :ROFLMAO:

vic974

Mar 31, 2018
Thanks for still updating this rom. I was trying to install it but after the initial loading screen it would just restart to the recovery (twrp). I tried re-downloading the rom, and installing with/without gapps. Any idea what could it be?

voron00

Mar 8, 2011
Google Nexus 4
LeEco Le Pro3
Thanks for still updating this rom. I was trying to install it but after the initial loading screen it would just restart to the recovery (twrp). I tried re-downloading the rom, and installing with/without gapps. Any idea what could it be?
Format system,data,cache, install rom and install older gapps from 20220215 (latest version of opengapps will bootloop).

Reactions: vic974

Sun.ji

Apr 2, 2022
lineage-16.0-20220501-UNOFFICIAL-zl1-signed.zip

Proably final build (i am finally getting a new phone)
It matches March 2022 security patches (P_asb_2022-03)
But added a few kernel security patches from QuIC (check kernel source)
thank you. I must say, delaying your build 'couse I'd like to keep my /Data. 3 questions for you:
1. If titanium backup will fail is it possible to revese it back from TWRP backup? Maybe stupid question, still asking.
2. Should I update TWRP first before installing your build? Now have ver 3.4.0.0
3. Are both IRDA and NFC working on your build?

voron00

Mar 8, 2011
Google Nexus 4
LeEco Le Pro3
thank you. I must say, delaying your build 'couse I'd like to keep my /Data. 3 questions for you:
1. If titanium backup will fail is it possible to revese it back from TWRP backup? Maybe stupid question, still asking.
2. Should I update TWRP first before installing your build? Now have ver 3.4.0.0
3. Are both IRDA and NFC working on your build?
1. Yes.
2. Proably no. 3.4.0.0 should be fine for android 9.
3. YES.

Reactions: paco666

Top Liked Posts