• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 16.X | 17.X for LG G4 | Android 9.X | 10.X

Search This thread

kessaras

Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Athens
www.audioshow.gr
images

Lin·e·age

/LineageOS/

1. lineal descent from an ancestor; ancestry or pedigree.
2. a sequence of species each of which is considered to have evolved from its predecessor.

Download from my unofficial LineageOS Download Folder:
Mega: Lineage 16.0
Mega: Lineage 17.0

Open Gapps:
http://opengapps.org/#
-LG G4 needs Platform "ARM64"-
-*You don't have to use Gapps if you don't want to-

Wiki:
https://github.com/Suicide-Squirrel/android_device_lge_g4/blob/lineage-17.0/README.md
https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/h815
https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/h811
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LG_G4

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

Contributors
kessaras
steadfasterX

Additional information and details here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/g4/development/rom-lineageos-16-0-t3929082

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM] [UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 16.X | 17.X for LG G4 | Android 9.X | 10.X, ROM for the LG G4

Contributors
kessaras
Source Code: https://github.com/Suicide-Squirrel

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: !!>>>>> Nougat v29A <<<<<!!
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 16
Current Beta Version: 17

Created 2019-09-05
Last Updated 2019-09-05

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
OnePlus 7T Pro
Yea LOS 17 isn't even out and you made it :)
You have done an awesome job here again!

I didn't know that you plan to build and offer LOS 16(!) as well... maybe you describe the difference to my builds so I and everyone else understand why you are doing this?

Sent from my OnePlus 6T using XDA Labs

Last edited:

kessaras

Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Athens
www.audioshow.gr
Wow I didn't know that you plan to build and offer LOS 16 as well... maybe you describe the difference to my builds so I and everyone else understand why you are doing this?
No I'm not building 16.
I just made the thread for lineage 17 because that's the only one I'm going to build for this specific device.
I could also share nothing and build for myself.
Is there some problem ? Your post looks like you are attacking me for some reason. Is it about glory ?

Very kind of you.
We r alone here in a legacy device full of problems and we keep this device alive when most of developers quit on it, and even LG quit on it and the first thing I see below lineage 17 op is you attacking me. But I won't delete it. I will keep this post there to remind me of this day.
And to think that I also actually linked to your thread out of respect of it...

Last edited:
May 19, 2019
Awesome man can't wait to try this out! Kessaras Just curious is the LOS 16 your build of it or just SFX one? Just wondering cause i want to try it out.

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
OnePlus 7T Pro
No I'm not building 16.
I just made the thread for lineage 17 because that's the only one I'm going to build for this specific device.
Is there some problem ? Your post looks like you are attacking me for some reason. Is it about glory ?

Very kind of you.
We r alone here in a legacy device full of problems and we keep this device alive when most of developers quit on it, and even LG quit on it and the first thing I see below lineage 17 op is you attacking me. But I won't delete it. I will keep this post there to remind me of this day.
calm down I was just curious and that's why I'm asking why LOS 16. There was no offense in my request sorry if I made you felt like that. I have changed my post a bit in the hope it's better understandable now.

Glory? Lmao.. I always refer to the suicide team in my changelogs as our ROMs like aoscp and LOS is done by teamwork not by a single person. Exactly that was the reason why I said you should explain why you build an own version of LOS 16(!) so ppl understand the differences and there are some. That's all.

Last edited:

kessaras

Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Athens
www.audioshow.gr
Awesome man can't wait to try this out! Kessaras Just curious is the LOS 16 your build of it or just SFX one? Just wondering cause i want to try it out.
calm down I was just curious and that's why I'm asking why LOS 16. There was no offense in my request sorry if I made you felt like that. I have changed my post a bit in the hope it's better understandable now.
Glory? Lmao.. I always refer to the suicide team in my changelogs as our ROMs like aoscp and LOS is done by teamwork not by a single person. Exactly that was the reason why I said you should explain why you build an own version of LOS 16(!) so ppl understand the differences and there are some. That's all.
Ok.
First of all,
i'm not the type of guy who will maintain something old.
When N was released that was when i started developing for first time and i made custom roms here have same camera quality with stock, because i wanted it for myself. I wanted to take good photos, not some bad pixels with noise.
When O was released i abandoned my sleep and i spent 3 weeks x24 hours to make this uncompatible kernel work perfectly to bring up O. And i did. I imported the code from bullhead line by line so that i won't break anything.
When P was released i did it in 1 day (i had more experience + all this hard work in O was not for nothing). I didn't release it because i let it go to bring up AOSCP for p20 pro. Few months later I came back and we made this thing stable together.
Now i did Q in just few hours. I didn't release it because i want to do a "clean" work. I forced it to build by hacking the "build" repo. So i can't push those commits, so i wait a bit.

But what history showed ? Upon every new Android release i never maintained the old one and i never built all variants. I do not have a server and i need my PC to also entertain myself, i can't have it building for hours.
So , even if i did one Lineage 16 build what does it really matter ? And even if i bring up Q in a few days what does it really matter ? It's your server who will be building and will be doing the most work.

One Lineage 16 build means nothing. I will never build Pie again just like i never built Oreo again.

Differences:
1. https://github.com/Suicide-Squirrel...mmit/c6fc9746ec75bc76e8b0247b007ef1ad89af0ac3
2. https://github.com/CypherOS/hardware_qcom_power/commits/poundcake-release
3. kernel. Instead of fixing some useless functions , i chose to remove them, in order to have less jobs for CPU to do.
4. Policies. I have added more policies when on the other hand you added less policies and have some functions blocked.

Nothing else. 3 and 4 are just details.
And it's just personal. I simply shared one build, the one im using at my phone.
XDA is about sharing. It's not our job. I'm simply sharing the rom i flash to my device.
In my point of view , i do not have to answer to questions like whats different. They do not even pay me. I'm not selling anything. I do this for fun.

I'm not doing Pie. The link is there until i release Q and it will stay there for historical reason.
To remind me that this was the last Pie and what i see in that rom is the fruit of a hard work of one whole year.
CU in Q.

Albertrebla

Sep 13, 2013
Campobasso
I try to install lineage-16.0-20190904-UNOFFICIAL-h815.zip
From TWRP all is done....i restart my device and after 2 minutes with logo restart and come back to TWRP....why?

Resolve: Don't install TWRP app and set it like a System App

Reactions: masemoel

kessaras

Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Athens
www.audioshow.gr
Does Los 16 have the play store issue? Will Q have it also? Since your banned from Google.
It doesn't matter what rom I build , I have apps missing.
I'm lost I don't know where the ban exactly is.
When I build from @steadfasterX server there is no ban.
For example if sfx syncs to aoscp and build it , there is no ban.
So don't worry. Me I will bring up Q. After that only when I build it it will have apps missing.
So strange.... I will maybe try change my email and signature in the future to test what will happen.
Nova Launcher don't work, it close endlessly :'(

Many App keep crash....Google Photo too :(

Normally I shouldn't care for third party apps.
If you get me a log while it crashes I will take a look at it.
And Google apps don't crash. I use them too. I'm Google addicted. Google even knows when I'm in the toilet

Start logd before you get a log, as a root.
adb shell start logd

"There are times that you guys are making angry."
Is it even possible , since i still use this phone and i'm using the rom i build, to have stuff or core apps or default apps or google apps crashing and i haven't done anything about it ?
(3rd party apps is another story).
It's like you don't trust me and i'm here since 2013......

Always logs ! No chatting.
Say i have this problem here is the log.
I will see what you did wrong or what i did wrong , the next day it's fixed.

Last edited:
May 19, 2019
Yeah I'm using Los 16 and everything is running smooth with stock open gaps and migrate of apps. Nothing's crashing. H811. Good battery life also. Thanks for looking into the Google ban issue. Much appreciated.

Reactions: kessaras

Gigio755

Jul 9, 2013
www.consolelab.org
Yeah I see ....
Just to lose my time for nothing , right ?

Isn't this Nova Launcher ? It's not crashing.

Don't be ironic, what do you think we're both here to lose time? easy man :silly:
I only report my experience, with your 04/09 build, i clean flash, i had problem with nova launcher prime, when the system ask which launcher use by defaul and i tap nova, it crash, at reboot even, new clean flash even

it's not a problem for me, i flashed another rom, I'm not here to bother you

owlery_hk

Dec 9, 2016
Sony Xperia 5 II
Hey @kessaras
Thank you for making this build for this legacy device that I still use as my daily driver.
Is the camera on your oreo rom the same as stock?
That is the biggest gripe I have with using LOS at the moment
Do you plan on doing monthly builds for H815 to incorporate the latest security patches?

polfrank

Jul 5, 2012
Hey @kessaras
Thank you for making this build for this legacy device that I still use as my daily driver.
Is the camera on your oreo rom the same as stock?
That is the biggest gripe I have with using LOS at the moment
Do you plan on doing monthly builds for H815 to incorporate the latest security patches?
Hey! This thread is only for Los 16 and 17 which means Android 9 and 10! You can try the builds yourself, I think this is the best way to decide. Until now, yes, these guys have been providing almost monthly builds, including the monthly security patches.

Reactions: kessaras

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So sad. Does anyone have the ROM of LineageOS 17 for LG G4?
    Camera is broken in Q, but if you don't need the camera, there are links to the beta builds in the G4 Users group on Telegram
    images

Lin·e·age

/LineageOS/

1. lineal descent from an ancestor; ancestry or pedigree.
    2. a sequence of species each of which is considered to have evolved from its predecessor.

Download from my unofficial LineageOS Download Folder:
    Mega: Lineage 16.0
    Mega: Lineage 17.0

Open Gapps:
    http://opengapps.org/#
    -LG G4 needs Platform "ARM64"-
    -*You don't have to use Gapps if you don't want to-

Wiki:
    https://github.com/Suicide-Squirrel/android_device_lge_g4/blob/lineage-17.0/README.md
    https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/h815
    https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/h811
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LG_G4

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Contributors
    kessaras
    steadfasterX

Additional information and details here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/g4/development/rom-lineageos-16-0-t3929082

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] [UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 16.X | 17.X for LG G4 | Android 9.X | 10.X, ROM for the LG G4

Contributors
    kessaras
    Source Code: https://github.com/Suicide-Squirrel

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: !!>>>>> Nougat v29A <<<<<!!
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 16
    Current Beta Version: 17

Created 2019-09-05
    Last Updated 2019-09-05
    Kessaras doesn't develop for the G4 anymore. Just @steadfasterX and I left...
    And we're working hard to bring Q to the G4..
    No I'm not building 16.

Very kind of you.

Ok.
    First of all,
    i'm not the type of guy who will maintain something old.
    When N was released that was when i started developing for first time and i made custom roms here have same camera quality with stock, because i wanted it for myself. I wanted to take good photos, not some bad pixels with noise.
    When O was released i abandoned my sleep and i spent 3 weeks x24 hours to make this uncompatible kernel work perfectly to bring up O. And i did. I imported the code from bullhead line by line so that i won't break anything.
    When P was released i did it in 1 day (i had more experience + all this hard work in O was not for nothing). I didn't release it because i let it go to bring up AOSCP for p20 pro. Few months later I came back and we made this thing stable together.
    Now i did Q in just few hours. I didn't release it because i want to do a "clean" work. I forced it to build by hacking the "build" repo. So i can't push those commits, so i wait a bit.

But what history showed ? Upon every new Android release i never maintained the old one and i never built all variants. I do not have a server and i need my PC to also entertain myself, i can't have it building for hours.
    So , even if i did one Lineage 16 build what does it really matter ? And even if i bring up Q in a few days what does it really matter ? It's your server who will be building and will be doing the most work.

One Lineage 16 build means nothing. I will never build Pie again just like i never built Oreo again.

Differences:
    1. https://github.com/Suicide-Squirrel...mmit/c6fc9746ec75bc76e8b0247b007ef1ad89af0ac3
    2. https://github.com/CypherOS/hardware_qcom_power/commits/poundcake-release
    3. kernel. Instead of fixing some useless functions , i chose to remove them, in order to have less jobs for CPU to do.
    4. Policies. I have added more policies when on the other hand you added less policies and have some functions blocked.

Nothing else. 3 and 4 are just details.
    And it's just personal. I simply shared one build, the one im using at my phone.
    XDA is about sharing. It's not our job. I'm simply sharing the rom i flash to my device.
    In my point of view , i do not have to answer to questions like whats different. They do not even pay me. I'm not selling anything. I do this for fun.

I'm not doing Pie. The link is there until i release Q and it will stay there for historical reason.
    To remind me that this was the last Pie and what i see in that rom is the fruit of a hard work of one whole year.
    CU in Q.
    Sorry, is there a possibility to put double tap to wake and sleep, given the position of the power button?

Thanks.
    This thread is dead. The maintainer doesn't have the G4 anymore..
    Download LOS16 maintained by @steadfasterX or else AOSiP by me. Both have DT2W and the latest security patches..
    And both are super fast ?