[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 [BLOD PATCHED] [2021-08-09]

Search This thread
Apr 19, 2019
I am unable to boot this on my 5X. I even tried applying the BOD patch separately. I have gone back to lineage 15.1 with the June security patch.

Reactions: ttocs99

theandroid02

I am unable to boot this on my 5X. I even tried applying the BOD patch separately. I have gone back to lineage 15.1 with the June security patch.
For all I know it should work, as my device is blod and I checked the blod build. Make sure you wiped dalvik, cache, system and also used the option on the bottom right in the wipe section "format data" if you are coming from an encrypted rom.

Apr 19, 2019
For all I know it should work, as my device is blod and I checked the blod build. Make sure you wiped dalvik, cache, system and also used the option on the bottom right in the wipe section "format data" if you are coming from an encrypted rom.

I tried various things
fastboot format userdata -> wipe everything -> adb sideload <zip> -> wipe cache -> boot to system
fastboot format userdata -> wipe everything -> format data with twrp -> adb sideload <zip> -> wipe cache -> boot to system
fastboot format userdata -> wipe everything -> format data -> copy zip and install from twrp -> wipe cache -> boot to system

Neither the 0612 nor the 0602 images would boot.

Suspecting a hardware failure, i went back to stock to dec 2018 which installed fine. I then followed the above steps and installed lineage 15.1 with june security patch and it booted OK.

I would love to generate logs but no thread can give me clear instructions on how to get adb logcat working WHILE the phone is booting. Suggestions welcome.

thanks
thanks

I tried various things
fastboot format userdata -> wipe everything -> adb sideload <zip> -> wipe cache -> boot to system
fastboot format userdata -> wipe everything -> format data with twrp -> adb sideload <zip> -> wipe cache -> boot to system
fastboot format userdata -> wipe everything -> format data -> copy zip and install from twrp -> wipe cache -> boot to system

Neither the 0612 nor the 0602 images would boot.

Suspecting a hardware failure, i went back to stock to dec 2018 which installed fine. I then followed the above steps and installed lineage 15.1 with june security patch and it booted OK.

I would love to generate logs but no thread can give me clear instructions on how to get adb logcat working WHILE the phone is booting. Suggestions welcome.

thanks
thanks

1. Boot your device into TWRP recovery. You can simply Google how to enter recovery mode on your device.
2. In TWRP recovery, click on Wipe » Advanced Wipe. Here select the following options dalvik cache/ART. Do not select the option which reads ‘Internal Storage‘ at any cost, as it will wipe off EVERYTHING, including your ROM file.
3. Go back to TWRP main menu, tap on Install and select the Lineage OS Zip file.
4. After selecting the .zip file, do Swipe to Confirm Flash on the bottom of the screen to begin the custom ROM installation process. This may take some time.
5. Once your ROM is successfully flashed, you’ll see Wipe cache/Dalvik option, select it and then do Swipe to wipe on the bottom of the screen.
6. Now flash the Lineage OS Gapps file similarly like you flashed the ROM file.
7. After flashing both ROM and Gapps files, reboot your device.

https://kum4423.hateblo.jp/entry/2020/06/11/170138

Good luck boy!

Apr 19, 2019
1. Boot your device into TWRP recovery. You can simply Google how to enter recovery mode on your device.
2. In TWRP recovery, click on Wipe » Advanced Wipe. Here select the following options dalvik cache/ART. Do not select the option which reads ‘Internal Storage‘ at any cost, as it will wipe off EVERYTHING, including your ROM file.
3. Go back to TWRP main menu, tap on Install and select the Lineage OS Zip file.
4. After selecting the .zip file, do Swipe to Confirm Flash on the bottom of the screen to begin the custom ROM installation process. This may take some time.
5. Once your ROM is successfully flashed, you’ll see Wipe cache/Dalvik option, select it and then do Swipe to wipe on the bottom of the screen.
6. Now flash the Lineage OS Gapps file similarly like you flashed the ROM file.
7. After flashing both ROM and Gapps files, reboot your device.

https://kum4423.hateblo.jp/entry/2020/06/11/170138

Good luck boy!

I have tried what has been stated above. In addition to all these steps, I also tried flashing using adb sideload <zip> from TWRP. Furthermore, I followed the same steps and the latest Bliss ROM + nano gapps does boot successfully. Again I'd love to provide logs if anyone can provide how to pull logs with adb logcat DURING a boot.

thanks

theandroid02

hi, are there any plans on turning this into an official build of LineageOS?

thanks for your efforts

Sorry but I don't have the time (atm), knowledge or motivation to make this official. I haven't done any work to bring up Q on bullhead, I have just modified the PE trees accordingly and that's it, maybe in the future but not now

Last edited:

eganonoa

Jun 22, 2020
Using 0612 (not BLOD) and have everything working perfectly. Thanks very much for this. If there is a way I can make a contribution please do post.

Just wanted to highlight one issue I had in case its useful for others. After encryption the camera stops working. This appears to be an issue that others are having with PixelExperience. I tried multiple different versions and PixelExperience itself and couldn't resolve it either with no Gapps or with Gapps. I did get it working, however, with MicroG instead of Gapps. No idea why that should be, but it is all working perfectly now (occasionally the camera might not work if another app with camera permissions is working in the background, but disabling camera permissions for that app resolve it). Hope that might be useful to someone.

jdancer

Feb 8, 2009
Using 0612 (not BLOD) and have everything working perfectly. Thanks very much for this. If there is a way I can make a contribution please do post.

Just wanted to highlight one issue I had in case its useful for others. After encryption the camera stops working. This appears to be an issue that others are having with PixelExperience. I tried multiple different versions and PixelExperience itself and couldn't resolve it either with no Gapps or with Gapps. I did get it working, however, with MicroG instead of Gapps. No idea why that should be, but it is all working perfectly now (occasionally the camera might not work if another app with camera permissions is working in the background, but disabling camera permissions for that app resolve it). Hope that might be useful to someone.

Where can one get a version of MicroG to work this ROM?

surmoi

Jul 12, 2020
Thank you for that build! It's working great :)
There's only one thing I miss from LOS 15.1, is that when I pick up my phone, it displays the regular lock screen instead of the simplified black one (easier for the eyes in the night to check the time). Very interested by a workaround if there's any!

theandroid02

Last edited:

berom

Sep 21, 2007
LG Nexus 5X
New build: 20200717
Changelog:
  • Merge new commits from PE that fix the offline charging animation, time on boot and hopefully camera while encrypted
  • Vendor security patch level is now December 5 2018
  • July security patch
Links: (Now on AFH as GitHub is very slow with uploads. I will still tag releases like this)
lineage-17.1-20200717-UNOFFICIAL-bullhead.zip
lineage-17.1-20200717-UNOFFICIAL-bullhead_blod.zip

Thanks a lot. Have you also included the VoLTE patch?

HTCDreamOn

Jun 17, 2012
New build: 20200717
Changelog:
  • Merge new commits from PE that fix the offline charging animation, time on boot and hopefully camera while encrypted
  • Vendor security patch level is now December 5 2018
  • July security patch
Links: (Now on AFH as GitHub is very slow with uploads. I will still tag releases like this)
lineage-17.1-20200717-UNOFFICIAL-bullhead.zip
lineage-17.1-20200717-UNOFFICIAL-bullhead_blod.zip

No-one else has commented, so can confirm that stock camera does work even on encrypted device :good: (using BLOD patched version) . Struggling to find a GCam mod that works but that's definitely my problem and not the ROM aha.

Thanks for bringing LineageOS here :victory:

txbrownrice

Feb 9, 2009
LG Nexus 5X
So I'm having a problem with mobile data turning off and phone apk force closing on current build. I rolled back to previous 6.13 build and had no problems with either. What changed in current build?

Last edited:

payas0

Flashed it and everything seems to work. Only problem is it's extremely laggy. I am not surprised as the phone is obviously really old and 2GB of RAM just can't cut it anymore with Android 10. Although I flashed gapps nano. Do you guys think it can do better with pico?

Maybe the official 8.1.0 is the way to go to make the phone still usable.

But thanks for supporting the Nexus 5X. Really appreaciate it!

jclendineng

Aug 10, 2011
Delaware
First off, great ROM, super snappy (as lineageos generally is). I always come back to lineageos because it is so lightweight and the Nexus is a rather old phone :) quick question, does this support signature spoofing? Im going to install microg and that requires signature spoofing. Thanks again, this is one of the fastest ROMs for the nexus that isn't based on an ancient version of android.

Top Liked Posts