[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 for Asus Zenfone 4 Max [Q][ZC520KL][ZC554KL]

Oct 6, 2017
NYC
Lineage OS follow up.

Just an update - Still on the same install for about 6 weeks now, no real complaints for this ROM - the Battery Life on this phone lasts me almost 2-3 days with normal use. I do use another phone for work during the week days. Call quality (T-Mobile) and usability has been everything I hoped for and more. I do get some occasional dropped calls while driving or talking from home, but this may be Carrier Related only.

My original issues with system message from my carriers voicemail was mostly resolved with this ROM, I only get the notification of a carrier voicemail every 2 hrs on stock, Now I only get the message on restarts and during signal loss (say entering a tunnel or going into the subway/metro).

I seem to have a small problem with saving pictures or video on to my Micro SD card. Im just using the stock camera app and when I change the storage location from internal to external SD card, the pictures/video do not save and are lost. No issues saving to the internal storage so far. Has anyone else experienced this or can someone else test this for me? I am using a 128GB micro sd card from Micro Center.

Otherwise, I've been loving this Rom anyways, despite any minor gripes!!! I was hoping to pick up the Zenphone 7, but it is not available in the USA at this time. So Zenfone 4 Max is still with me.
Just another update.

Still using this ROM and loving it for nearly 3 mos now. I mostly have problems with media on my internal or external storage. I am still unable to save pictures or video to my sd card, I can only save to the internal storage. I have about 50 downloaded podcasts on my internal storage to listen to at work. After finishing with the podcasts (USING AIMP3 player) I have troubles deleting the files from my internal storage. Anyone else have trouble deleting files / sycning data from Windows 10 or moving files between internal storage and external micro sd cards??
Once again, many thanks to the ROM creator, my comments are mostly minor and the problems I describe do not effect my day to day use.

Jaud029

Jan 10, 2021
Hi,
i installed your stock Android Pie beta on my Asus Zenfone 4 Max ZC520KL X00HD via TWRP, and it works great, thanks !
Now, i'm trying to install LineageOS 17.1.
But, now, when i try to boot TWRP, the screen turn to "Powered by Andoid" and nothing happens. So i'm not able to flash the rom.
There is no error message in my shell.
I re-flashed TWRP, with no changes.
Do you have any idea to help me, please ?

Mexicain93

Jan 27, 2021
Hi,
i installed your stock Android Pie beta on my Asus Zenfone 4 Max ZC520KL X00HD via TWRP, and it works great, thanks !
Now, i'm trying to install LineageOS 17.1.
But, now, when i try to boot TWRP, the screen turn to "Powered by Andoid" and nothing happens. So i'm not able to flash the rom.
There is no error message in my shell.
I re-flashed TWRP, with no changes.
Do you have any idea to help me, please ?
Hello Jaud029,

Where did you find the beta version of Android Pie for Asus Zenfone 4 Max ZC520KL X00HD? And the link https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ne-4-max-x00hd-zc520kl-x00id-zc554kl.4124547/ is more active...

Could you please give me the links to finally update my Zenfone.

Thank you so much.

Jaud029

Jan 10, 2021

slyce95

Apr 10, 2013
Dear,
the link to the downloads aren't working anymore. I decided to reset my phone settings (From lineageOS settings) before selling it, now each time I start it I'm back to TWRP. After asking me the mount passord, I was also able to wipe cache and data, and fortmat data (no more password asked), but even... always back to TWRP, no wait to boot to LineageOS.
Is there another link to download the firmwares again ?