[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 for Nexus 5 (hammerhead)

Search This thread

z3DD3r

Feb 9, 2016
Minsk
Google Nexus 5
LineageOS 17.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10.0 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
*/
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

The source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Known bugs:
Fantom icons in launcher after installing/updating apps. Fixed since 2020-03-18 build.
Expanded desktop doesn't work. LineageOS team planning to remove this feature entirely. This feature was removed in latest builds.
For some users phone won't boot after installing Magisk. Right now there is no solution. Use rom without Magisk. Fixed since 2020-02-22 build. Credits to @Sashko98 for help!
Screen timeout does not work if the Screen lock is set to none. Fixed since 2020-05-31 build.
Random drops of the bluetooth connection. Fixed since 2020-06-13 build.
Screen mirroring via slimport HDMI adapter doesn't work.
PMF aka 802.11w doesn't work.

Downloads:
ROM: https://sourceforge.net/projects/hammerhead-lineageos/files/17.1/
GAPPS: https://opengapps.org/?arch=arm&api=10.0&variant=pico

Credits:
Many thanks to the LineageOS team and all the contributors out there in the community

Contributors:
@z3DD3r, @EnesSastim, @Sashko98, @razorloves, esa-n, jprimero15 and others

Source Code:
Device tree: https://github.com/z3DD3r/android_device_lge_hammerhead/tree/lineage-17.1
Kernel tree: https://github.com/z3DD3r/android_kernel_lge_hammerhead/tree/lineage-17.1
Vendor tree: https://github.com/z3DD3r/android_vendor_lge/tree/lineage-17.1

Android version: 10.0.0 (Q)
Kernel version: Linux 3.4.113

Created 2020-01-23
Last Updated 2020-06-23

Last edited:

z3DD3r

Feb 9, 2016
Minsk
Google Nexus 5
GAPPS Installation

To install GAPPS you should increase the /system partition size
This can be done for example with TWRP HH.R

Also LineageOS Team have recommendations about GAPPS
Here are the most important two copied from LineageOS WiKi:
  • If you opt to use Open GApps, they offer a variety of sizes of packages that include and overwrite different apps. We only recommend package sizes up through nano. If you use a larger package, we can not guarantee that everything will function on your device, as in many of these cases our included apps are overwritten in favor of the Google App equivalents.
  • Google apps should be installed via recovery immediately after installing LineageOS. If you reboot into LineageOS before installing Google apps, you must factory reset and then install them, otherwise expect crashes.

Last edited:

anilspice

Oct 28, 2006
New Delhi
www.ani-soft.com
Hardware Macaddress

Thanks for this amazing rom which is super fast. I am unable to connect to my home WiFi with static ip.

My configuration is - Nexus 5 32 GB, Rom 24 Jan, Open Gapps Nano 23 Jan, TWRP system repartioned to 2GB..

Unable to disable Mac randamnization....can’t find any toggle.hence unable to use hardware MAC address.

Kindly advise a fix. Thanks in advance.

eupalino

Mar 10, 2019
Encryption working flawlessly !!!

Beta TWRP decrypts DATA in recovery !!! (carefully read instructions and posts.)

Excellent work, everybody.

Last edited:

aa84

• Dec 20, 2010
    Thanks for this amazing rom which is super fast. I am unable to connect to my home WiFi with static ip.

My configuration is - Nexus 5 32 GB, Rom 24 Jan, Open Gapps Nano 23 Jan, TWRP system repartioned to 2GB..

Unable to disable Mac randamnization....can’t find any toggle.hence unable to use hardware MAC address.

Static ip works for me and I dont have mac randomization.

I dirty flashed from lineage-16.0-20191225 to 17.1-20200124 and wiped cached/davik. Everything seems fine (old apps, lte, camera, wifi). Only thing I miss is homescreen icon grid is max 5x5, I liked 5x7. Nice work!

Toedels

Jan 25, 2020
    I'm trying to flash the rom to my nexus5 with twrp. The installation went ok, but when i boot, it seems to stuck at the loading screen (blue ball going from right to left). Am I doing something wrong?

z3DD3r

Feb 9, 2016
    Minsk
    Google Nexus 5

Mac randomization is disabled cos our device doesn't support it. Have u been able to connect to your WiFi on LOS 16? Can u send me logcat?

I'm trying to flash the rom to my nexus5 with twrp. The installation went ok, but when i boot, it seems to stuck at the loading screen (blue ball going from right to left). Am I doing something wrong?
    Looks very strange. Have u wiped your partitions before installation? Tell me version of TWRP and versions of ROM, GAPPS and Magisk you tried to install.

Reactions: eupalino

Toedels

Jan 25, 2020
    Mac randomization is disabled cos our device doesn't support it. Have u been able to connect to your WiFi on LOS 16? Can u send me logcat?

Looks very strange. Have u wiped your partitions before installation? Tell me version of TWRP and versions of ROM, GAPPS and Magisk you tried to install.

I'm a little further. I've installed lineage-17.1-20200119-UNOFFICIAL-hammerhead.zip and it's booting. But when i want to install open_gapps-arm-10.0-pico-20200124.zip, it says there's not enough space.

Somebod y

Aug 20, 2012
    Did you resize your partition?
    As 07/19 u have to resize, here is the tutorial:

How to increase system (assuming that u have unmodified partitions):
    1. Flash twrp-3.3.1-HH-hammerhead.img
    2. Open terminal (TWRP -> Advanced -> Terminal)
    3. Type hh_repart -m
    4. Wait until your phone reboots.

How to revert everything:
    1. Open terminal (TWRP -> Advanced -> Terminal)
    2. Type hh_repart -r
    3. Wait until your phone reboots.
    4. Install original TWRP (3.3.1-0 at the current moment)

Download: https://mega.nz/#!x840QaZT!zjxqy1mK07u--T0Jt4451BLiwmpELe4GFdgW-20s4zc

Credits: @z3DD3r

anilspice

Oct 28, 2006
    New Delhi
    www.ani-soft.com

Thanks for response. Had earlier been using crdroid pie rom till Nov 2019 with system partition extended to 1.5 GB and Micro gapps. All was fine till then. As I usually keep on updating the apps regularly..In Dec 19 wifi stopped working. I thought had a hardware failure. The hammerhead kept on going without wifi as it was not a daily driver. In Jan I repartioned the sys again to 2GB using TWRP 3.3.1-2.0GB HH and installed LOS 17.0 with stock gapps as I had enough space. It worked with few minor issues then i kept on upgrading every day as you kept on building now on 25 th Jan 17.1 LOS with 16jan stock gapps.

All builds worked perfectly...but without wifi, which used to trun on sometimes after I copied .mcaddr from /persist to /data/misc/wifi folder through TWRP file manager...but is still unable to download or update data and automaticaly switches back to cellular data.

As far as logcat...kindly advise how to!! As I had never done that.
    I am not a developer or IT guy. Hope above helps.
    Regards

Added info: Had gone back to stock and installed TWRP HH 1.5 Gb few times. Installed LOS 16 to but the same issue remains...unable to connect to my home static IP as my wifi is hidden and all devices on my home network have individual IP address.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      LineageOS 17.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10.0 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
      #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
      * Your warranty is now void.
      * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
      * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
      * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
      * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
      * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
      */
      LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

The source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Known bugs:
      Fantom icons in launcher after installing/updating apps. Fixed since 2020-03-18 build.
      Expanded desktop doesn't work. LineageOS team planning to remove this feature entirely. This feature was removed in latest builds.
      For some users phone won't boot after installing Magisk. Right now there is no solution. Use rom without Magisk. Fixed since 2020-02-22 build. Credits to @Sashko98 for help!
      Screen timeout does not work if the Screen lock is set to none. Fixed since 2020-05-31 build.
      Random drops of the bluetooth connection. Fixed since 2020-06-13 build.
      Screen mirroring via slimport HDMI adapter doesn't work.
      PMF aka 802.11w doesn't work.

Downloads:
      ROM: https://sourceforge.net/projects/hammerhead-lineageos/files/17.1/
      GAPPS: https://opengapps.org/?arch=arm&api=10.0&variant=pico

Credits:
      Many thanks to the LineageOS team and all the contributors out there in the community

Contributors:
      @z3DD3r, @EnesSastim, @Sashko98, @razorloves, esa-n, jprimero15 and others

Source Code:
      Device tree: https://github.com/z3DD3r/android_device_lge_hammerhead/tree/lineage-17.1
      Kernel tree: https://github.com/z3DD3r/android_kernel_lge_hammerhead/tree/lineage-17.1
      Vendor tree: https://github.com/z3DD3r/android_vendor_lge/tree/lineage-17.1

Android version: 10.0.0 (Q)
      Kernel version: Linux 3.4.113

Created 2020-01-23
      Last Updated 2020-06-23
      Don't worry. This build was released by me. Even if my device is dead i still can release new builds from time to time with updates from LOS team...
      Hello everyone!

Someone maybe already seen that i've release another one update for LOS 17.1 (2020-12-31). Unfortunately this will be last update from my side, cos i need to shutdown my build server and use it for another purpose.

I've also released one more version of LOS 17.1 (2020-12-31). You can download it from 'signed' folder from sourceforge. This build doesn't have OTA support but it was signed with release keys. I remember that someone asked for such builds) In other terms these builds are the same. Be aware that YOU MUST DO A CLEAN INSTALLATION OF THIS 'SIGNED' BUILD WITH ALL WIPES. YOU CANNOT INSTALL 'SIGNED' BUILD ON TOP OF PREVIOUS BUILDS.

There is one more update from my side. I can't promise anything, but everything is possible ;)
      LOS_18_1.png

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
      Hi there

Unfortunately i should announce that i stopped N5 support. I have no time to support this device anymore. Furthermore and my N5 is almost dead (motherboard corrupted by water)
      Daily builds already stopped. Maybe i'll release a single last build with May security patch in a few days...

I want to thank everyone who helped to support N5 all this year. It was a really fun and interesting time! Thanks a lot!!!
      Time to move forward...

What does this mean from your perspective? What's the difference between unofficial and official support?
      Official builds can't include some changes that are included in unofficial builds. Also official maintainer should continue to support and improve builds for supported device...

@z3DD3r I am trying to compile LineageOS 17.1 with your sources and the build runs through successfully.

But I am always facing the same issue after flashing (clean, factory reset and no additional zips) the image: The boot animation is displayed very slowly (~1 frame per second). Only the animation seems to be affected, as you can hear the screen locking sound after a couple of minutes while the animation is still running. Once the animation is finished after 5+ minutes, the screen is black, since the device locked itself in the meantime. If you turn the screen on, unlock it and interact with the device, it runs just fine. Snappy and quick, as you would expect. It seems to be just the boot animation, that is flawed in my personal builds, but not in your builds.
      Is there anything I am missing or doing wrong? Are you building from exactly the same sources that you published? Have you also seen this issue?[/code]
      Not all changes can be included in device trees. Some patches are picked from gerrit. I've already answered similar question here.

Did some further investigation. Had a Whatsapp call yesterday and had the logging running while the call was going on. Found the following lines before the camera was not showing new frames anymore:

[05-10 10:13:43.765 383:22238 E/mm-camera]
      module_faceproc_port_event_func:886] MCT_EVENT_MODULE_BUF_DIVERT 131074, Cannot start FD, active 20003, frameid 22715 0, native 1, mapped 1 1

[05-10 10:13:43.784 306:22245 E/Parcel]
      fcntl(F_DUPFD_CLOEXEC) failed in Parcel::read, i is 0, fds is -1, fd_count is 1, error: Too many open files

[05-10 10:13:43.790 306:22245 E/Camera3-OutputStream]
      getBufferLockedCommon: Stream 0: Can't dequeue next output buffer: Invalid argument (-22)

[05-10 10:13:43.790 306:22245 W/Camera2Client]
      notifyError: Received recoverable error 3 from HAL - ignoring, requestId 10000001

So it seems filedescriptors remain open? Most likely something in the ROM somewhere?

Whatsapp again... Unfortunately this will not be fixed. At least by me...
      Hi there.
      I highly suggest everyone update to 2020-03-18. This build includes some fixes for SELinux, Bluetooth and kernel.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone