[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 for Nexus 5 (hammerhead)

Search This thread

dyabolikarl

Mar 19, 2011
Hi there.

I installed the rom and i am getting a boot loop. The partition was resized by a previous rom. The ROM did install 100% was successful. Then Gapps pico installed OK. I rebooted and it just has the line ball animation then it reboots back to twrp after a few mins. I just tried a factory reset /cache reset and a reflash and same result.

What should i try? Undo the partition and start again? Reflash again? Thanks

After a 3rd reflash it booted to the the main screen.

Last edited:

diggy128

Jul 10, 2008
Naoussa, Imathia
Hello all.

I've encountered a problem trying to get the ROM to sign into Google Play. First encountered during the startup dialogue. After connecting to Wifi, it prints; "Checking for updates." before asking me for an alternative wifi portal, all give the same result.

Skipping through the dialogues I am able to get into the home screen and verify through the browser that it is indeed connected to Wifi. The setup dialogue prints; "Couldn't Connect. Try again using another network. If you continue without a connection, you can finish some setup steps later."

Attempting to log into the Play store gives "Checking Info" with a loading circle for a few minutes before finally; "Couldn't sign in. There was a problem communicating with Google Servers. Try again later."

---

Other details

- I am running twrp-3.5.0_9-HH.R.8.img with the increased partition, lineage-17.1-20201231-UNOFFICIAL-hammerhead.zip as the ROM.

- I have tried both open_gapps-arm-10.0-pico-20210128.zip and open_gapps-arm-10.0-nano-20210128.zip, both yield the same result.

- Android system webview is functional and on a fairly recent version.

I have the exact same problem although on a POCO F1.
twrp 3.5.0_10 and all recent lineage builds for POCO F1 and all GApps builds >1/2021

After a failed update, I reflashed LineageOS 17.1 + GApps Pico + Magisk 21.4 on a POCO F1 and now I don't have access to play store (there was a problem communicating with google servers)
I tried: 1) Clear cache,data, 2) factory reset and reflash GApps, 3) Factory reset+system partition wipe+reflash LineageOS+reflash GApps (x3 with different versions) but still can't connect.
Tried to flash via TWRP 3.5.0_10 and lineageOS Recovery but not luck.
Tried with different lineage nightlys, different GApps versions, different Magisk versions, No Magisk at all...
I formatted cache, data, system, internal storage....
Tried using mobile data instead of wifi...
Now I'm trying to flash back Xiami Official ROM to see it it fixes things.

The irony here is that my old phone is a Nexus 5 that works fine with Lineage 15....

lasser1

Jan 1, 2021
Yesterday evening the LOS updater on my N5 popped up and said that there's an Update for LOS 17.1
But the download fails constantly. Internet connection is fine though. Hints?

jenkinsad0

Feb 12, 2021
69°N
Thank you, all 17.1 hammerhead developers for this excellent ROM. Ideal for my old "secondary" device. Version -20210209- works well, installed with the original partitioning using TWRP 3.5.0_9-HH.S.10 and _no_ GApps.

bluetooth-bug

Jan 11, 2019
I've been keeping an eye on the device, kernel and vendor tree and I saw some interesting GPS and GNSS HAL changes. GLONASS is supported now. This has been broken for ages. LineageOS 14.1 was definitely not working for sure. I think this was broken even on stock official firmware as well. Correct me if I am wrong, but I was never been able to get a lock on GLONASS satellites. The legacy LineageOS GNSS HAL and Samsung GPS patches definitely helped.

My question would be if BeiDou is also supported? I saw this patch LineageOS Gerrit: https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_hardware_lineage_interfaces/+/282269
Not sure which android_hardware_lineage_interfaces is built. The one on your GitHub or the LineageOS one. Technically Qualcomm WTR1605L what we have should have BeiDou support hammerhead should have that.

https://www.android-marine.fr/en/nexus-5-se-connecte-a-3-reseaux-gps/
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/no-galileo-beidou-fix-on-n9005-with-android-7-1.3719762/

Lovely screenshot attached. Haven't used navigation this year so it took quite a while to get a lock, but this should not be an issue. It was like this for a long time. It needs to warm up a little, but once it's going it should be fine.

Edit: Forgot to mention this is lineage-17.1-20210224-unofficial-hammerhead-signed.zip

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210224-140225_GPSTest.png
    Screenshot_20210224-140225_GPSTest.png
    248.7 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

gallegonovato

Feb 25, 2021
Good night: I have a nexus 5 with 17.1 lines and the update of December 31st. But if I go to the system, no update comes out. But in the we come two updates come out two of 2021. I do not understand why they do not come out? A hug

z3DD3r

Feb 9, 2016
Minsk
Google Nexus 5
Good night: I have a nexus 5 with 17.1 lines and the update of December 31st. But if I go to the system, no update comes out. But in the we come two updates come out two of 2021. I do not understand why they do not come out? A hug
Because these new builds are signed with different keys. These signed builds doesn't support OTA and can't be installed on top of previous build. Read my post 2 pages below.

Reactions: gallegonovato

Decuser

Mar 8, 2021
I'm a new xda member and I just flashed twrp, lineageos17.1, and open gapps 10. It all went smoothly, I wasn't sure I totally understood what the twrp install was doing though. Prior to doing all this, I had the latest update to Android 6 factory - hammerhead-m4b30z-factory-625c027b installed. Did the twrp thing delete that and then install or just install 17.1 over it? I guess what I really want to know is - are there old files laying around taking up space other than the two zip files in the internal storage that I installed?

gallegonovato

Feb 25, 2021
Good afternoon @z3DD3r

A question that came up for me.

If I would like to put the new lineageos updates. But I have already root echo and put trwp. With the December version of lineageos. Downloaded by ota.

How could I do? I mean how could I put the new version having the old one.

I do not know if from trwp could delete the contents of the Nexus 5 and then load the new version.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused and be so uneducated on this subject.

Best regards

z3DD3r

Feb 9, 2016
Minsk
Google Nexus 5
Should https://sourceforge.net/projects/hammerhead-lineageos/files/lineage-17.1-ota.json/download still have the lineage-17.1-20201231-UNOFFICIAL-hammerhead.zip entry in it or should it have one of the more recent uploads to https://sourceforge.net/p/hammerhead-lineageos/activity/?page=0&limit=100#606b59be96442efc9acca37b in it?
Previous builds of LOS 17.1 were signed with test-keys. New builds are signed with private-keys and can't be installed via OTA updater. Thats why ota.json will have links for old builds because. If you want install new builds, then u should do it from scratch.

Reactions: ivanperezcaro

Shred00

Feb 22, 2013
Previous builds of LOS 17.1 were signed with test-keys. New builds are signed with private-keys and can't be installed via OTA updater. Thats why ota.json will have links for old builds because. If you want install new builds, then u should do it from scratch.
Oh. That's a real pity. It was really nice being able to update easily with an OTA updater. It was a nice no-noise means of keeping on top of updates. Having to subscribe to a thread as chatty as this just to know when there is an update that then needs to be manually downloaded and manually flashed is just so much less convenient. :(

z3DD3r

Feb 9, 2016
Minsk
Google Nexus 5
Oh. That's a real pity. It was really nice being able to update easily with an OTA updater. It was a nice no-noise means of keeping on top of updates. Having to subscribe to a thread as chatty as this just to know when there is an update that then needs to be manually downloaded and manually flashed is just so much less convenient. :(
Well, i've stopped LOS 17.1 support some months ago. These new builds are exceptions and were made cos i've found some useful things while worked on LOS 18.1. Nothing new will be added. So i see no reason to add OTA updater support for signed builds...

Reactions: ivanperezcaro

Shred00

Feb 22, 2013
Just updated to the latest (i.e. the June) build and it's boot-looping between the lineageos splash screen and recovery. :-(
Wrong thread. Didn't see a way to delete a post though.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS 17.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10.0 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

The source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Known bugs:
    Fantom icons in launcher after installing/updating apps. Fixed since 2020-03-18 build.
    Expanded desktop doesn't work. LineageOS team planning to remove this feature entirely. This feature was removed in latest builds.
    For some users phone won't boot after installing Magisk. Right now there is no solution. Use rom without Magisk. Fixed since 2020-02-22 build. Credits to @Sashko98 for help!
    Screen timeout does not work if the Screen lock is set to none. Fixed since 2020-05-31 build.
    Random drops of the bluetooth connection. Fixed since 2020-06-13 build.
    Screen mirroring via slimport HDMI adapter doesn't work.
    PMF aka 802.11w doesn't work.

Downloads:
    ROM: https://sourceforge.net/projects/hammerhead-lineageos/files/17.1/
    GAPPS: https://opengapps.org/?arch=arm&api=10.0&variant=pico

Credits:
    Many thanks to the LineageOS team and all the contributors out there in the community

Contributors:
    @z3DD3r, @EnesSastim, @Sashko98, @razorloves, esa-n, jprimero15 and others

Source Code:
    Device tree: https://github.com/z3DD3r/android_device_lge_hammerhead/tree/lineage-17.1
    Kernel tree: https://github.com/z3DD3r/android_kernel_lge_hammerhead/tree/lineage-17.1
    Vendor tree: https://github.com/z3DD3r/android_vendor_lge/tree/lineage-17.1

Android version: 10.0.0 (Q)
    Kernel version: Linux 3.4.113

Created 2020-01-23
    Last Updated 2020-06-23
    Don't worry. This build was released by me. Even if my device is dead i still can release new builds from time to time with updates from LOS team...
    Hello everyone!

Someone maybe already seen that i've release another one update for LOS 17.1 (2020-12-31). Unfortunately this will be last update from my side, cos i need to shutdown my build server and use it for another purpose.

I've also released one more version of LOS 17.1 (2020-12-31). You can download it from 'signed' folder from sourceforge. This build doesn't have OTA support but it was signed with release keys. I remember that someone asked for such builds) In other terms these builds are the same. Be aware that YOU MUST DO A CLEAN INSTALLATION OF THIS 'SIGNED' BUILD WITH ALL WIPES. YOU CANNOT INSTALL 'SIGNED' BUILD ON TOP OF PREVIOUS BUILDS.

There is one more update from my side. I can't promise anything, but everything is possible ;)
    LOS_18_1.png

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    Hi there

Unfortunately i should announce that i stopped N5 support. I have no time to support this device anymore. Furthermore and my N5 is almost dead (motherboard corrupted by water)
    Daily builds already stopped. Maybe i'll release a single last build with May security patch in a few days...

I want to thank everyone who helped to support N5 all this year. It was a really fun and interesting time! Thanks a lot!!!
    Time to move forward...

What does this mean from your perspective? What's the difference between unofficial and official support?
    Official builds can't include some changes that are included in unofficial builds. Also official maintainer should continue to support and improve builds for supported device...

@z3DD3r I am trying to compile LineageOS 17.1 with your sources and the build runs through successfully.

But I am always facing the same issue after flashing (clean, factory reset and no additional zips) the image: The boot animation is displayed very slowly (~1 frame per second). Only the animation seems to be affected, as you can hear the screen locking sound after a couple of minutes while the animation is still running. Once the animation is finished after 5+ minutes, the screen is black, since the device locked itself in the meantime. If you turn the screen on, unlock it and interact with the device, it runs just fine. Snappy and quick, as you would expect. It seems to be just the boot animation, that is flawed in my personal builds, but not in your builds.
    Is there anything I am missing or doing wrong? Are you building from exactly the same sources that you published? Have you also seen this issue?[/code]
    Not all changes can be included in device trees. Some patches are picked from gerrit. I've already answered similar question here.

Did some further investigation. Had a Whatsapp call yesterday and had the logging running while the call was going on. Found the following lines before the camera was not showing new frames anymore:

[05-10 10:13:43.765 383:22238 E/mm-camera]
    module_faceproc_port_event_func:886] MCT_EVENT_MODULE_BUF_DIVERT 131074, Cannot start FD, active 20003, frameid 22715 0, native 1, mapped 1 1

[05-10 10:13:43.784 306:22245 E/Parcel]
    fcntl(F_DUPFD_CLOEXEC) failed in Parcel::read, i is 0, fds is -1, fd_count is 1, error: Too many open files

[05-10 10:13:43.790 306:22245 E/Camera3-OutputStream]
    getBufferLockedCommon: Stream 0: Can't dequeue next output buffer: Invalid argument (-22)

[05-10 10:13:43.790 306:22245 W/Camera2Client]
    notifyError: Received recoverable error 3 from HAL - ignoring, requestId 10000001

So it seems filedescriptors remain open? Most likely something in the ROM somewhere?

Whatsapp again... Unfortunately this will not be fixed. At least by me...
    Hi there.
    I highly suggest everyone update to 2020-03-18. This build includes some fixes for SELinux, Bluetooth and kernel.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone