[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 for Nexus 6P (angler)

PixelBoot

Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2017
www.pixelboot.github.io

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Important Info:
To flash this rom you need TWRP 3.3.1.0 or newer.

Make sure you have the vendor, radio, & bootloader img's installed, from the stock oreo 8.1 OPM7.181205.001 Dec 2018 factory image.
They can be extracted from the factory image on google's site here. Or you can use the ones linked below that I already extracted:
vendor, radio, bootloader img's: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=286833
The vendor img is flashable with twrp or fastboot. For the radio and bootloader img, use fastboot.

Instructions:
If updating from an unofficial lineage-17.1 build, follow the steps below:
  1. If you don't already have them installed, flash the newest vendor, radio, and bootloader img's linked above.
  2. Boot into TWRP.
  3. Flash the ROM zip.
  4. Reboot & enjoy.

NOTE: if you previously flashed gapps and/or the su addon, there's no need to flash them again. They will be automatically re-installed during rom zip installation.

If coming from a different ROM:
  1. If you don't already have them installed, flash the newest vendor, radio, and bootloader img's linked above. also make sure you have the newest twrp, linked above.
  2. Boot into TWRP.
  3. Wipe system & data & cache partitions.
  4. Format data.
  5. Flash rom & GApps & su zips (GApps & su zips are optional).
  6. Reboot & enjoy.

For more info or more detailed instructions, visit our wiki here.

Downloads:

Reporting Bugs:
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
Source Code:

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Huawei Nexus 6P

Contributors
PixelBoot
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
Testing

Created 2019-11-30
Last Updated 2020-08-08

Last edited:

PixelBoot

Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2017
www.pixelboot.github.io
Install Instructions

• Grab our recovery from the peripherals section and install it.
    Through TWRP Recovery:
    Install Zip > Install Image > Choose ‘recovery.img‘ > Select partition ‘Recovery’ > Swipe to confirm flash
    Through Fastboot:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
  • Install the ROM and then wipe your internal data partition.
    Through TWRP Recovery:
    Wipe > Format data
    Through Fastboot:
    Code:
    fastboot -w
  • Reboot into system and wait until the process finishes, it could take a little bit. After the installation is done, I suggest waiting before using the phone because it usually goes into thermal throttling after installing a ROM.

Last edited:

hk1271

Oct 27, 2017
Surat
Another android 10 ROM for Angler . And this time it's Lineage 17 which is the best ROM I've used so far . Can't thank you much for your work ! ❣

wrkerr

Mar 14, 2014
Wow, this is fantastic, thank you @PixelBoot! I'll be upgrading from LOS 15.1 to this, but I'm having trouble locating Gapps for Android 10. Otherwise, I think I'm all set to flash and start testing!

[email protected]

Nov 6, 2010

hk1271

Oct 27, 2017
Surat
face unlock is not present,
battery icon customisation are not working,
and if u are a blod user rom lags a bit

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

nano
Face unlock has been officially removed in android 10 so that's not a problem . Same with battery percentage not showing . And regarding BLOD , just flash the updated BLOD workaround by osm0sis over the ROM not the 4core boot.img and there will be no lag . And does digital wellbeing and pixel launcher work ?

CityHunter004

Apr 19, 2018
Face unlock has been officially removed in android 10 so that's not a problem . Same with battery percentage not showing . And regarding BLOD , just flash the updated BLOD workaround by osm0sis over the ROM not the 4core boot.img and there will be no lag . And does digital wellbeing and pixel launcher work ?
digital wellbeing works bt some times it force stops so u have to clear data , dk about pixel launcher I am using the launcher that came with the rom

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------

can u send the link for updated blod patch?

hk1271

Oct 27, 2017
Surat

wrkerr

Mar 14, 2014
To offer some early feedback after playing with it for only a few hours, this seems to be working remarkably well. I installed with Open GApps 10 beta pico, and Magisk 20.1.

Battery life actually seems better than it was on LOS 15.1 (Android 8.1), though that could be because I dramatically slimmed down the apps I have installed (from ~150 to ~50). Overall, everything seems very smooth, fast, and efficient. It's a very refreshing experience, since this phone had been getting slower and slower.

I've had a couple apps freeze on launch, but closing and reopening always seems to resolve the issue.

I haven't figured out what GCam I'm going to use yet. I'm probably going to run through several of the suggested apks on Celso Azevedo' Google Camera Ports site until I find one that works reliably.

Visual voicemail in the phone app failed to setup, but that could be an issue with my carrier (T-Mobile). I haven't tried to troubleshoot that yet.

Everything else seems to be working great. Calls, GPS navigation, etc. No major issues.

This is amazing work, @PixelBoot. Thank you so much!

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone